Selena Gomez Forgetting Justin Bieber and Moving On, Following Advice of Bishop Jakes
By Maychelle Ornos | May 20, 2014 10:27 AM EST
Selena Gomez has been dealing with many problems these past few months, especially with her personal relationships with Justin Bieber, Kylie and Kendall Jenner, and her parents. It was early April when Selena discovered that Bieber, now her ex-boyfriend, had hooked up with Kylie Jenner and it was also reported that she has fired her parents as her managers, making her want a professional manager.
Actress Selena Gomez arrives at the Metropolitan Museum of Art Costume Institute Gala Benefit celebrating the opening of "Charles James: Beyond Fashion" in Upper Manhattan, New York May 5, 2014. REUTERS/Carlo Allegri
It was spotted that Selena recently posted on her Instagram account a quote from Bishop T.D. Jakes saying: "You can't be who you're going to be and who you used to be at the same time." This may be a response to all the rumours that have been haunting her that she is already moving on with her life.
News about Selena having Lupus, her rehab stints and the false news of Selena being pregnant and having miscarriage also came up, according to the Huffington Post. Gomez also left CAA for WME, signing with Brillstein Entertainment Partners for management. This move was viewed by many as her way to move into more adult scene and away from her Disney image.
With all that aside, Selena seems to be turning a new leaf now as she tries to do her best to get over Justin Bieber. According to Hollywood Life, while Selena was shooting her Adidas Neo commercial in NYC on March 11, she wanted any trace of Justin to be gone by changing anyone's name that was Justin to something else so that she didn't have to mention the name. However, this rumour was also shot down by another source close to the actress.
One of Selena's oldest friends in the industry, Taylor Swift, may even help her get over Justin by writing songs about her former lover, according to Sugarscape. The "Red" singer is well-known in writing songs about her former beaus and most of her songs have even turned into great hits.
Recently, Selena returned after staying a few days in New York City, where she attended two events: the American Ballet Theatre Opening Night Spring Gala and 2014 MET Gala. One of her tweets was "My aunty @lorraineschwartz continues to make me feel so pretty :) love you!!!" addressing it to jewelry designer Lorraine Schwartz just the night before.
Although Selena Gomez and Justin Bieber were not spotted together after the news that the latter hooked up with Kylie Jenner, many are speculating that they are still communicating. Will it be good for the former Disney actress to continue hoping that Bieber will change for the better or should Selena take Taylor Swift's advice to move on and make a song dissing Bieber?
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Rihanna Nude Photos Leaked – The Fappening 2: Second Wave Of Celebrities Nude Pictures Leak on 4chan And Reddit
- 'Castle' Season 7 Spoilers: Stana Katic's Kate Beckett, NYPD To Discover The Real Rick Castle
- 'Under The Dome' Season 2 Finale Spoilers: An Exit Route Appears But Not Everyone Gets Out Alive, 'Under The Dome' Season 3 Update [VIDEO]
- Bruce Jenner Sex Change Reports Resurface As He Shaves His Leg, Behaves Feminine Inside A Coffee Shop
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Sept. 22-26 Spoilers: Updates On Nick And Sharon’s Wedding, Hilary, Neil, Phyllis, Chelsea, Billy And More
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Date is Halloween 2014 as Android L Intro Set for October 16
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Samsung Galaxy S5: Battle of the Samsung Flagship Smartphones
- Moto G 2014 v Asus Zenfone 5 – Specification Comparison Shows Zenfone 5 Is A Good Alternative for Moto G
- Android 5.0 L Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7 Release in October, Google Employees Offer Hint
- Apple iPad Air 2, OS X Yosemite Release Date Set For October, While iPad Mini 3 With Retina Headed For 2015 Release
- Purported Xiaomi Redmi Note Successor Powered With Monstrous Processor Under Wraps, Will Take On Meizu MX4
- U.S and Canada Fighter Jets Chase Out Russian Jets Near Alaska: Air Space Violation Not Confirmed