Selena Gomez Forgetting Justin Bieber and Moving On, Following Advice of Bishop Jakes
By Maychelle Ornos | May 20, 2014 10:27 AM EST
Selena Gomez has been dealing with many problems these past few months, especially with her personal relationships with Justin Bieber, Kylie and Kendall Jenner, and her parents. It was early April when Selena discovered that Bieber, now her ex-boyfriend, had hooked up with Kylie Jenner and it was also reported that she has fired her parents as her managers, making her want a professional manager.
Actress Selena Gomez arrives at the Metropolitan Museum of Art Costume Institute Gala Benefit celebrating the opening of "Charles James: Beyond Fashion" in Upper Manhattan, New York May 5, 2014. REUTERS/Carlo Allegri
It was spotted that Selena recently posted on her Instagram account a quote from Bishop T.D. Jakes saying: "You can't be who you're going to be and who you used to be at the same time." This may be a response to all the rumours that have been haunting her that she is already moving on with her life.
News about Selena having Lupus, her rehab stints and the false news of Selena being pregnant and having miscarriage also came up, according to the Huffington Post. Gomez also left CAA for WME, signing with Brillstein Entertainment Partners for management. This move was viewed by many as her way to move into more adult scene and away from her Disney image.
With all that aside, Selena seems to be turning a new leaf now as she tries to do her best to get over Justin Bieber. According to Hollywood Life, while Selena was shooting her Adidas Neo commercial in NYC on March 11, she wanted any trace of Justin to be gone by changing anyone's name that was Justin to something else so that she didn't have to mention the name. However, this rumour was also shot down by another source close to the actress.
One of Selena's oldest friends in the industry, Taylor Swift, may even help her get over Justin by writing songs about her former lover, according to Sugarscape. The "Red" singer is well-known in writing songs about her former beaus and most of her songs have even turned into great hits.
Recently, Selena returned after staying a few days in New York City, where she attended two events: the American Ballet Theatre Opening Night Spring Gala and 2014 MET Gala. One of her tweets was "My aunty @lorraineschwartz continues to make me feel so pretty :) love you!!!" addressing it to jewelry designer Lorraine Schwartz just the night before.
Although Selena Gomez and Justin Bieber were not spotted together after the news that the latter hooked up with Kylie Jenner, many are speculating that they are still communicating. Will it be good for the former Disney actress to continue hoping that Bieber will change for the better or should Selena take Taylor Swift's advice to move on and make a song dissing Bieber?
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 24 – 28 Plus Thanksgiving Special Spoilers: Someone Returns, Kelly Finds Out About Engagement And More [Videos]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Spoilers: Rick Grimes’ Group To Capture Cops In Episode 7 – ‘Crossed’
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Crossed’
- 'Revenge' Season 4 Spoilers: Daniel, Emily In Twisted Friendship; David Clarke Mystery Growing (Review, Updates)
- ‘Days Of Our Lives’ (DOOL) Nov. 24 – 28 Spoilers: JJ Decides, Melanie Confronts Chad And Daniel And Nicole Reconcile
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Walmart Offers the Best 2014 Black Friday Deals on iPhone 6, iPad Ai2 & Other Gadgets – Reports
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Highest Paid NBA Players 2014: NBA Stars Who Earn More Than LeBron James
- Update Samsung Galaxy S5 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat, Sprint Release and Installation
- More Nexus 6 Problems Arise with Android 5.0 Lollipop, Poor Benchmark Results and Other Issues