Worst Moments of Billboard Music Awards
By Sounak Mukhopadhyay | May 20, 2014 10:25 AM EST
The Billboard Music Awards on Sunday May 18 had several performances by some of the biggest names in the music industry at the moment. Even though it promised to be a splendid experience of music and entertainment, there were certain moments which turned out to be huge disappointments. Here are some of them.
Singer Robin Thicke performs "Get Her Back" at the 2014 Billboard Music Awards in Las Vegas, Nevada May 18, 2014.
Even though there were artists like Ariana Grande, Carrie Underwood, Lorde and Katy Perry on board; the organisers decided to give the responsibility to Pitbull to start the evening. Pitbull chose a song that nobody had heard before. Pitbull kept rapping and the audience had no clue.
Michael Jackson Hologram
Rolling Stone wrote that nothing could be more "crass and shameless" than a Michael Jackson hologram. What Billboard boasted of might not be a proper hologram of the pop icon either. It seemed to be one of MJ impersonators. MJ, "the most physical musician in pop history," was just sitting in a chair.
Shakira's Lip Syncing
Shakira apparently did not bother to record a live vocal track for the show. She seemed to lip sync in her performance. Worse, the lip syncing was dismal. The track sounded like one taken straight off the studio album of Shakira's latest single.
Kendall Jenner's Reading
Kendall Jenner failed miserably with the teleprompter. She was trying to introduce "5 Seconds of Summer" while the crowd nervously waited for her to finish the introduction. The model eventually admitted that she was "the worst reader" but not before she "almost" referred to "5 Seconds" as "One Direction."
Robin Thicke's Apology
Robin Thicke did "Get Her Back" for the first time at the Billboard Music Awards. He opened the song saying, "All right, y'all help me get her back." He said that he would want to "treat her right." When he finished the performance, he was in his knees. Then he walked off with a big smile.
Katy Perry's Bodysuit
Even though Katy Perry was not present at the award ceremony, she was very much there in her bodysuit which was "aggressively ugly nude" and "emblazoned with a plethora of tackiness including a smiling balloon distastefully placed over each breast," according to New York Post. Additionally, she also wore a green wig.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 1, 2014: Hope Reveals Something To Wyatt And Katie Almost Loses A Loved One [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Bachelor Australia' Season 2 Preview: Someone Drops The L Bomb, Marriage Proposal In Season Finale
- ‘Orange is the New Black Story’ Season 3 Update: New Corrections Officer To Be Introduced, Likely To Take Pornstache's Position At Litchfield Penitentiary
- “American Horror Story” Season 4 Spoilers: Emma Roberts' Maggie And Evan Peters’ Jimmy Darling To Be In A Romantic Relationship
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5: Human Flesh Burgers Unveiled To Celebrate TWD’s New Season
- Google HTC Nexus 9 Tablet October 24 Launch Date Benefits Many
- Apple iPhone 6 vs. OnePlus One: With Invitation-Only Model Rested, OnePlus One Can Be A Real Threat To iPhone 6
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- MH 370 Search In Ocean To Intensify With Hi Tech Ships Joining The Plane Hunt From October
- New Windows OS Is Not Windows 9, Microsoft To Launch Windows 10 As New OS Build
- Samsung Aware Of Gap Issue On Galaxy Note 4, Mentions It As Important Manufacturing Feature In Note 4 User Manual