Worst Moments of Billboard Music Awards
By Sounak Mukhopadhyay | May 20, 2014 10:25 AM EST
The Billboard Music Awards on Sunday May 18 had several performances by some of the biggest names in the music industry at the moment. Even though it promised to be a splendid experience of music and entertainment, there were certain moments which turned out to be huge disappointments. Here are some of them.
Singer Robin Thicke performs "Get Her Back" at the 2014 Billboard Music Awards in Las Vegas, Nevada May 18, 2014.
Even though there were artists like Ariana Grande, Carrie Underwood, Lorde and Katy Perry on board; the organisers decided to give the responsibility to Pitbull to start the evening. Pitbull chose a song that nobody had heard before. Pitbull kept rapping and the audience had no clue.
Michael Jackson Hologram
Rolling Stone wrote that nothing could be more "crass and shameless" than a Michael Jackson hologram. What Billboard boasted of might not be a proper hologram of the pop icon either. It seemed to be one of MJ impersonators. MJ, "the most physical musician in pop history," was just sitting in a chair.
Shakira's Lip Syncing
Shakira apparently did not bother to record a live vocal track for the show. She seemed to lip sync in her performance. Worse, the lip syncing was dismal. The track sounded like one taken straight off the studio album of Shakira's latest single.
Kendall Jenner's Reading
Kendall Jenner failed miserably with the teleprompter. She was trying to introduce "5 Seconds of Summer" while the crowd nervously waited for her to finish the introduction. The model eventually admitted that she was "the worst reader" but not before she "almost" referred to "5 Seconds" as "One Direction."
Robin Thicke's Apology
Robin Thicke did "Get Her Back" for the first time at the Billboard Music Awards. He opened the song saying, "All right, y'all help me get her back." He said that he would want to "treat her right." When he finished the performance, he was in his knees. Then he walked off with a big smile.
Katy Perry's Bodysuit
Even though Katy Perry was not present at the award ceremony, she was very much there in her bodysuit which was "aggressively ugly nude" and "emblazoned with a plethora of tackiness including a smiling balloon distastefully placed over each breast," according to New York Post. Additionally, she also wore a green wig.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 24, 2014: Katie Spills Ridge's Secret Plan While Eric's Announcement Causes A Huge Furor [WATCH VIDEO]
- Brad Pitt Forced To Talk About Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston: Asked to Compare Wife Angelina Jolie With Rachel From 'Friends'
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Major Spoilers: Death Count, The Terminus Residents’ Fate Plus Father Gabriel's Past
- ‘Star Wars: Episode 7’ Jungle Stormtroopers On Rampage – Leaked Images [Spoilers]
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Oct. 27-31, 2014: As Halloween Draws Near, Forrester Creations Will Reel From Eric's Shocking Decision And The Rest Will Scramble To Make Their Plans Successful [WATCH VIDEO]
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Shifts Blame On US For Ukraine Crisis, Putin Accuses West of 'Remaking World'
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine