Worst Moments of Billboard Music Awards
By Sounak Mukhopadhyay | May 20, 2014 10:25 AM EST
The Billboard Music Awards on Sunday May 18 had several performances by some of the biggest names in the music industry at the moment. Even though it promised to be a splendid experience of music and entertainment, there were certain moments which turned out to be huge disappointments. Here are some of them.
Singer Robin Thicke performs "Get Her Back" at the 2014 Billboard Music Awards in Las Vegas, Nevada May 18, 2014.
Even though there were artists like Ariana Grande, Carrie Underwood, Lorde and Katy Perry on board; the organisers decided to give the responsibility to Pitbull to start the evening. Pitbull chose a song that nobody had heard before. Pitbull kept rapping and the audience had no clue.
Michael Jackson Hologram
Rolling Stone wrote that nothing could be more "crass and shameless" than a Michael Jackson hologram. What Billboard boasted of might not be a proper hologram of the pop icon either. It seemed to be one of MJ impersonators. MJ, "the most physical musician in pop history," was just sitting in a chair.
Shakira's Lip Syncing
Shakira apparently did not bother to record a live vocal track for the show. She seemed to lip sync in her performance. Worse, the lip syncing was dismal. The track sounded like one taken straight off the studio album of Shakira's latest single.
Kendall Jenner's Reading
Kendall Jenner failed miserably with the teleprompter. She was trying to introduce "5 Seconds of Summer" while the crowd nervously waited for her to finish the introduction. The model eventually admitted that she was "the worst reader" but not before she "almost" referred to "5 Seconds" as "One Direction."
Robin Thicke's Apology
Robin Thicke did "Get Her Back" for the first time at the Billboard Music Awards. He opened the song saying, "All right, y'all help me get her back." He said that he would want to "treat her right." When he finished the performance, he was in his knees. Then he walked off with a big smile.
Katy Perry's Bodysuit
Even though Katy Perry was not present at the award ceremony, she was very much there in her bodysuit which was "aggressively ugly nude" and "emblazoned with a plethora of tackiness including a smiling balloon distastefully placed over each breast," according to New York Post. Additionally, she also wore a green wig.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘Guardians Of The Galaxy 2’ Nebula Is Alive And James Gunn Wants Fans To See More Of Her
- Selena Gomez And Justin Bieber: Songstress Fears Pregnancy After Experiencing Pregnancy Symptoms—Report
- 'American Horror Story' Season 4 Episode 8 Spoilers: Big Twist Features Dandy In Blood Bath
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7, Episode 12 Spoilers: Katey Sagal On Gemma Teller’s Fate in ‘Red Rose’ [VIDEO]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 8 Spoilers – ‘Coda’: Midseason Finale Is ‘Heartbreaking’ And ‘Gut-Wrenching’
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- Bill Clinton At It Again, Caught By Camera In Jerusalem Peeking At Woman’s Breast
- Walmart Canada Black Friday 2014 Ad For Nov. 28, 2014 Up To Dec. 1, 2014 Includes Savings On The iPad Mini 16GB And The Beats Solo HD Drenched Headphones