Worst Moments of Billboard Music Awards
By Sounak Mukhopadhyay | May 20, 2014 10:25 AM EST
The Billboard Music Awards on Sunday May 18 had several performances by some of the biggest names in the music industry at the moment. Even though it promised to be a splendid experience of music and entertainment, there were certain moments which turned out to be huge disappointments. Here are some of them.
Singer Robin Thicke performs "Get Her Back" at the 2014 Billboard Music Awards in Las Vegas, Nevada May 18, 2014.
Even though there were artists like Ariana Grande, Carrie Underwood, Lorde and Katy Perry on board; the organisers decided to give the responsibility to Pitbull to start the evening. Pitbull chose a song that nobody had heard before. Pitbull kept rapping and the audience had no clue.
Michael Jackson Hologram
Rolling Stone wrote that nothing could be more "crass and shameless" than a Michael Jackson hologram. What Billboard boasted of might not be a proper hologram of the pop icon either. It seemed to be one of MJ impersonators. MJ, "the most physical musician in pop history," was just sitting in a chair.
Shakira's Lip Syncing
Shakira apparently did not bother to record a live vocal track for the show. She seemed to lip sync in her performance. Worse, the lip syncing was dismal. The track sounded like one taken straight off the studio album of Shakira's latest single.
Kendall Jenner's Reading
Kendall Jenner failed miserably with the teleprompter. She was trying to introduce "5 Seconds of Summer" while the crowd nervously waited for her to finish the introduction. The model eventually admitted that she was "the worst reader" but not before she "almost" referred to "5 Seconds" as "One Direction."
Robin Thicke's Apology
Robin Thicke did "Get Her Back" for the first time at the Billboard Music Awards. He opened the song saying, "All right, y'all help me get her back." He said that he would want to "treat her right." When he finished the performance, he was in his knees. Then he walked off with a big smile.
Katy Perry's Bodysuit
Even though Katy Perry was not present at the award ceremony, she was very much there in her bodysuit which was "aggressively ugly nude" and "emblazoned with a plethora of tackiness including a smiling balloon distastefully placed over each breast," according to New York Post. Additionally, she also wore a green wig.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kristen Stewart Moving On With Nicholas Hoult, Jennifer Lawrence Dating Chris Martin – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Everything To Know [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'Avengers: Age Of Ultron' Will Feature Nude Scene Confirmed—Report
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 1: ‘The Biggest Action Sequence That We Have Ever Attempted’ [VIDEO]
- 'Terminator' 5 And 'Jurassic World' Trailers To Be Released Soon
- Rihanna And Jay Z Romance Reports Quashed: Queen Bey And RiRi To Join Forces- Report
- ‘Star Wars’ 7 Plot Leak – New Villain And Stormtroopers New Look [Spoilers]
- Robin Williams Goodbye Video Hoax: Facebook Users Warned of Celebrity Suicide Exploitation
- US, Canada Labour Activists ‘Block the Boat for Gaza’ Succeed in Blocking Docking of Israeli Ship in California Port
- 4 Killer Android Features Apple Fans Would Love to Get Come the iPhone 6 Release Date
- ISIS Posts Graphic Beheading Video of US Journalist James Foley
- Larger 5.5inch iPhone 6 Variant Will Roll Out in the Market as ‘iPhone 6L’
- Nexus 6 Release Date Dilemma with Motorola Shamu Details Pointing to Better Smartphone and Killer Features
- After James Foley, ISIL Threatens to Behead Another American Journalist Steven Sotloff