Lance Armstrong Finds Missing Testicles in Card Game
By Vittorio Hernandez | May 20, 2014 8:58 AM EST
In a twist of fate, testicular cancer survivor and champion cyclist Lance Armstrong found his missing testicles - not in real life but in a card game.
Mashable reported that Armstrong was in a Cards Against Humanity game over the weekend when he found one of the cards on his hands with the words: "Lance Armstrong's missing testicle."
Armstrong had one of his testicles surgically removed in 1996 when he battled testicular cancer. He recovered and subsequently won more medals but in 2012 was stripped of his seven Tour de France titles over doping charges.
He also lost about half of his estimated $120 million wealth to lawsuits, leading Armstrong to sell houses and a jet, as well as give up $150 million worth of endorsements.
Despite the fate that befell him, Armstrong continues to live life as proven by his attending social functions like parties where he played the cards game which matches white answer cards with a black question card. He even gamely tweeted about the incident.
In an interview with Rick Reilly of ESPN, Armstrong said in spite of what happened, he is at peace and there is lightness to his life.
"I have no obligations. I have no other schedules other than raising my kids, what time my tee time is, how far I'm gonna ride my bike that day. Life has become very simple very quickly ... I'm not in a hurry to get anywhere. Nobody's waiting at the other end," Armstrong said.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- Celebrities Suffering From Lupus: Facts About the Disease
Join the Conversation
- Jeremy Lin, Chandler Parsons React To 'Role Players' Label By James Harden
- 2014 Commonwealth Games Medal Tally: Games are Through Day 5 and Australia Continues to Dominate Count; Day 5 Highlights
- Roger Federer Not That Good If Different Surfaces Were To Exist – Giles Simon
- Dan Bilzerian Opens Up to Howard Stern, Poker Pro Admits He Once Had Sex with 16 Women in 12 Days
- Ana Ivanovic Posts a Hot Selfie on Instagram after her San Francisco Photo-Shoot
- Transfer News: FC Barcelona, Man Utd to Compete for Juan Cuadrado's Signature as Fiorentina Reveal Willingness to Sell
- Hilary Duff's New Music Video Chasing the Sun Goes Viral on YouTube [WATCH VIDEO]
- LeBron James to Return to Miami, Face Heat on Christmas Day 2014
- Shanghai Stock Exchange Will Not Extend Trading Hours
- Qatar's Surging Real Estate Prices Won't Affect Thriving Economy – Report