Jennifer Lopez Receives Icon Award at the 2014 Billboard Music Awards
By Christine Jane Caparras | May 20, 2014 6:57 AM EST
Jennifer Lopez was the undisputed star of this year's Billboard Music Awards as she received the Icon Award after setting the stage on fire with two performances. The Latina star started the fireworks by walking on the red carpet in a sexy red dress that showed off her ample assets.
Jennifer Lopez attends the 25th annual GLAAD Media Awards in Beverly Hills, California April 12, 2014. REUTERS/Phil McCarten
Every inch of her legs were revealed as she donned a sheer red dress and further elevated the hotness factor by accessorizing with arm candy Casper Smart. The event was held at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas.
The "American Idol" judge then proceeded to take the stage for two sizzling performances starting it off with a collaboration with Pitbull and Claudia Lette for the first live performance of the FIFA World Cup 2014 Official Anthem "We Are One (Ole Ola)."
JLo then took the stage for the second time on the night with a debut performance of "First Love," the second single from her upcoming "A.K.A." album.
After two-stand-out performances, and to further prove that the Billboard Awards is the Jennifer Lopez show this year, She was presented with the 2014 Icon Award by fellow Latin Superstar Ricky Martin and Iggy Azalea. The accolade recognizes an artist's achievement and remarkable contribution to pop music within the course of their career. Lopez is only the fourth artist to receive this accolade and the only woman.
"You continue to break down barriers and inspire girls," Rihanna said in a video montage shown when the award was given. Other peers and in the music industry were included in the video sharing their thoughts and congratulations such as Britney Spears, Ricky Martin, Pitbull and Taylor Swift.
"Oh my God! What the heck?" JLo said as she grasped the award. "Music has always been my first love."
She went on to thank God, her fans, family, friends, management, Latinos ("para mi gente") and wished for the "little ones" who were watching from home to follow their dreams.
Lopez is the first woman to receive the BBMA accolade. Past winners of the Icon Award include Neil Diamond, Stevie Wonder and Prince. She has sold over 75 million albums worldwide.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- National Ice Cream Day: Most-Ordered Flavors and Toppings by Americans [See Photos]
- Photos from the Crash Site of Malaysia Airlines MH17 In Ukraine
Join the Conversation
- Star Wars Episode VII: Jedi Master's Search, Luke's Lightsaber From the Sky
- Bachelorette 2014, Bachelor 2015 Spoilers: Andi Dorfman Hints at Next Bachelor; Find Out What He Thinks About the Job
- Castle Season 7 Spoilers: Stana Katic says ‘Back in the Saddle’, Beckett, Castle Romance to Grow Stronger
- Avengers 2: Ultron's First Attack On The Avengers, More Details on the Avengers Tower Party
- Orange is the New Black Update: Reality T.V. Star to Appear in Season 3, Actor Says Show can Run for Long Time, even with New Protagonist
- iPhone 6 2014 Release Date Very Soon as Apple Orders 120M New iPhones from Foxconn – Report
- Google Nexus 6 on Release Date Will Sport 2K Display Panel & Lower Price Tag – Report
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- FCC Approves Sony Xperia Z3 for U.S. Market