Jennifer Lopez Receives Icon Award at the 2014 Billboard Music Awards
By Christine Jane Caparras | May 20, 2014 6:57 AM EST
Jennifer Lopez was the undisputed star of this year's Billboard Music Awards as she received the Icon Award after setting the stage on fire with two performances. The Latina star started the fireworks by walking on the red carpet in a sexy red dress that showed off her ample assets.
Jennifer Lopez attends the 25th annual GLAAD Media Awards in Beverly Hills, California April 12, 2014. REUTERS/Phil McCarten
Every inch of her legs were revealed as she donned a sheer red dress and further elevated the hotness factor by accessorizing with arm candy Casper Smart. The event was held at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas.
The "American Idol" judge then proceeded to take the stage for two sizzling performances starting it off with a collaboration with Pitbull and Claudia Lette for the first live performance of the FIFA World Cup 2014 Official Anthem "We Are One (Ole Ola)."
JLo then took the stage for the second time on the night with a debut performance of "First Love," the second single from her upcoming "A.K.A." album.
After two-stand-out performances, and to further prove that the Billboard Awards is the Jennifer Lopez show this year, She was presented with the 2014 Icon Award by fellow Latin Superstar Ricky Martin and Iggy Azalea. The accolade recognizes an artist's achievement and remarkable contribution to pop music within the course of their career. Lopez is only the fourth artist to receive this accolade and the only woman.
"You continue to break down barriers and inspire girls," Rihanna said in a video montage shown when the award was given. Other peers and in the music industry were included in the video sharing their thoughts and congratulations such as Britney Spears, Ricky Martin, Pitbull and Taylor Swift.
"Oh my God! What the heck?" JLo said as she grasped the award. "Music has always been my first love."
She went on to thank God, her fans, family, friends, management, Latinos ("para mi gente") and wished for the "little ones" who were watching from home to follow their dreams.
Lopez is the first woman to receive the BBMA accolade. Past winners of the Icon Award include Neil Diamond, Stevie Wonder and Prince. She has sold over 75 million albums worldwide.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder–Nina Dobrev Reunion Not Happening: 'The Vampire Diaries' (TVD) Star Is 'Falling In Love' With Nikki Reed—Report
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7, Episode 7 Spoilers: Gemma’s World Starts To Crumble in ‘Greensleeves’ [VIDEO]
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey' Plot Update: Sexy Scenes Revealed, Jamie Dornan Kisses Dakota Johnson In Reshoot
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Lawson’s Girlfriend Reportedly Entering the House Plus Sandra Gets Evicted [VIDEO]
- 'NCIS' Season 12, Episode 5 Spoilers: Gibbs' Gut OKs FBI Agent Leia Pendergast; A Favorite Guest Star Returns [Watch NCIS 12x5 Promo Video]
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- Meizu MX4 Pro To Arrive In November In Black And White Colours, Features Higher Than QHD Display, Exynos 5430 SoC And 3 GB RAM
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report