Miley Cyrus' Billboard Acceptance Gets Censored for Television Viewing: Performs Beatles Track Remotely with Flaming Lips [PICTURES]
May 20, 2014 6:56 AM EST
Miley Cyrus' Billboard Acceptance Gets Censored For Television Viewing: Performs Beatles Track Remotely With Flaming Lips [PICTURES]
Miley Cyrus won Top Streaming Song (Video) award at the 2014 Billboard Music Awards 2014 in Las Vegas on Sunday night. The singer thanked her fans and audience through a video message from England and managed to drop a bit of profanity too, for which she had to be beeped for the live audience.
"Thank you to everybody for making this s--t possible," Miley said during her videoconferencing message to the audience in the Las Vegas.
"Oops sorry, forgot I was on ABC," the 21-year-old said before finishing off her brief speech. The "Wrecking Ball" songstress however surprised everyone by not singing her song at the Awards night but choosing to cover 1967 old classic Beatles song "Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds." She was joined by Flaming Lips leader Wayne Coyne remotely and mesmerized the audience by their performance. Miley was covered in a golden furry dress and some really colourful finger marks on her face as she gave the performance remotely.
If this was not enough for the audience, Cyrus also did a rendition of the "Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band" classic. Cyrus was also up for Top Artist at the 2014 Billboard Music Awards, along with Imagine Dragons, Katy Perry, Bruno Mars and Justin Timberlake. Katy Perry won the award.
The surprise of the evening was "Royals" singer Lorde who took home the award for Best Rock Song (for "Royals") beating Imagine Dragons and even grabbed the award for best New Artist. The 17-year-year old gave a mind blowing performance on her new song "Tennis Court."
Billboard Music Awards 2014 have been the biggest night in music so far. Top performers included Pitbull, Shakira, Ariana Grande, 5 Seconds of Summer, One Republic and many more.
Meanwhile, Miley has been back from hospitalization and put her allergic reaction to antibiotics behind her. She is busy with her controversial antics in her "Bangerz" tour and is entertaining her fans. She is currently touring Europe till June. Her "Bangerz" tour has been hugely successful and Miley has been in news for most of the time because of her antics.
Meanwhile check out some of her interesting picture from "Bangerz" tour in the slideshow above.
Join the Conversation
- Star Wars Episode VII: Jedi Master's Search, Luke's Lightsaber From the Sky
- Avengers 2: Ultron's First Attack On The Avengers, More Details on the Avengers Tower Party
- Castle Season 7 Spoilers: Stana Katic says ‘Back in the Saddle’, Beckett, Castle Romance to Grow Stronger
- Selena Gomez & Andre Hamann Update: Andre Calls Selena Stunning, Admits Crush on Singer
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Google Nexus 6 on Release Date Will Sport 2K Display Panel & Lower Price Tag – Report
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- Sony PlayStation 4 Outsells a Resurgent Xbox One in June
- NVIDIA Shield Gaming Tablet with Tegra K1 SoC Reported to be Released on July 29