Miley Cyrus' Billboard Acceptance Gets Censored for Television Viewing: Performs Beatles Track Remotely with Flaming Lips [PICTURES]
May 20, 2014 6:56 AM EST
Miley Cyrus' Billboard Acceptance Gets Censored For Television Viewing: Performs Beatles Track Remotely With Flaming Lips [PICTURES]
Miley Cyrus won Top Streaming Song (Video) award at the 2014 Billboard Music Awards 2014 in Las Vegas on Sunday night. The singer thanked her fans and audience through a video message from England and managed to drop a bit of profanity too, for which she had to be beeped for the live audience.
"Thank you to everybody for making this s--t possible," Miley said during her videoconferencing message to the audience in the Las Vegas.
"Oops sorry, forgot I was on ABC," the 21-year-old said before finishing off her brief speech. The "Wrecking Ball" songstress however surprised everyone by not singing her song at the Awards night but choosing to cover 1967 old classic Beatles song "Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds." She was joined by Flaming Lips leader Wayne Coyne remotely and mesmerized the audience by their performance. Miley was covered in a golden furry dress and some really colourful finger marks on her face as she gave the performance remotely.
If this was not enough for the audience, Cyrus also did a rendition of the "Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band" classic. Cyrus was also up for Top Artist at the 2014 Billboard Music Awards, along with Imagine Dragons, Katy Perry, Bruno Mars and Justin Timberlake. Katy Perry won the award.
The surprise of the evening was "Royals" singer Lorde who took home the award for Best Rock Song (for "Royals") beating Imagine Dragons and even grabbed the award for best New Artist. The 17-year-year old gave a mind blowing performance on her new song "Tennis Court."
Billboard Music Awards 2014 have been the biggest night in music so far. Top performers included Pitbull, Shakira, Ariana Grande, 5 Seconds of Summer, One Republic and many more.
Meanwhile, Miley has been back from hospitalization and put her allergic reaction to antibiotics behind her. She is busy with her controversial antics in her "Bangerz" tour and is entertaining her fans. She is currently touring Europe till June. Her "Bangerz" tour has been hugely successful and Miley has been in news for most of the time because of her antics.
Meanwhile check out some of her interesting picture from "Bangerz" tour in the slideshow above.
- Budget 2014: Treasurer Joe Hockey Acknowledges Unpopularity of 1st Coalition Budget, Which Includes 16,000 Job Cuts & Deficit Tax
- Japan merchandise trade balance
- Could The Syrian Downing Of A Turkish Jet Bring In NATO?
- Breast Cancer iPhone App Enlists Hunky Men to Remind Women About Self-Examination
Join the Conversation
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7, Episode 7 Spoilers: Gemma’s World Starts To Crumble in ‘Greensleeves’ [VIDEO]
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey' Plot Update: Sexy Scenes Revealed, Jamie Dornan Kisses Dakota Johnson In Reshoot
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Lawson’s Girlfriend Reportedly Entering the House Plus Sandra Gets Evicted [VIDEO]
- 'NCIS' Season 12, Episode 5 Spoilers: Gibbs' Gut OKs FBI Agent Leia Pendergast; A Favorite Guest Star Returns [Watch NCIS 12x5 Promo Video]
- Ian Somerhalder–Nina Dobrev Reunion Not Happening: 'The Vampire Diaries' (TVD) Star Is 'Falling In Love' With Nikki Reed—Report
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Israel Loses A Friend in UN Security Council As New Zealand Replaces Australia
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery