Indonesian Soccer Player Dies of Internal Bleeding; Wild Kick by Opposing Goalie Blamed [VIDEO]
By James Patrick Quizon | May 20, 2014 4:11 AM EST
One play could be crucial to any soccer match, this one was crucial to one’s life.
A soccer player from Indonesia named Akli Fairuz has died due to severe internal bleeding caused by a kick by an opposing goalie to his abdomen area in a recent match.
Watch the horrific video of the wild kick here (Courtesy of YouTube user I’m a Footballer):
Fairuz is a striker for the team, Persiraja and the goalkeeper’s name is Agus Rahman from the opposition.
According to the Daily Mail, Fairuz was treated after the incident and stayed on the sidelines to finish watching the match. He was rushed to the hospital the next day however as his condition got worse.
Doctors discovered he was suffering from severe internal bleeding and were not able to save Fairuz despite surgery.
The Indonesian club has yet to release statement except that they will launch an investigation regarding the tragedy.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- 2014 US Open: Hottest Male Tennis Players To Watch [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- UFC News: Ronda Rousey To Avenge Teammates, Demands Bethe Correia
- FIBA Basketball World Cup Live Streaming Info: Argentina vs. Philippines Preview, Starting Lineups
- Grigor Dimitrov Shares Fashion Tips With Maria Sharapova
- 2014 FIBA World Cup Group B: Greece vs. Philippines Live Streaming Info, Betting Odds and Preview
- 2014 FIBA Basketball World Cup Live Streaming Info: USA vs. Turkey Preview, Starting Lineups [VIDEO]
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 is iPhone Air on Sept 19 Release Date: 5 Things to Consider Before Buying
- PlayStation 4 Killing Xbox One Costing Microsoft Millions But It's Fine
- Nexus 6 Release Date Update: Moto X+1 Look Leaked, Nexus X or Shamu Moved to Demo Phase