Indonesian Soccer Player Dies of Internal Bleeding; Wild Kick by Opposing Goalie Blamed [VIDEO]
By James Patrick Quizon | May 20, 2014 4:11 AM EST
One play could be crucial to any soccer match, this one was crucial to one’s life.
A soccer player from Indonesia named Akli Fairuz has died due to severe internal bleeding caused by a kick by an opposing goalie to his abdomen area in a recent match.
Watch the horrific video of the wild kick here (Courtesy of YouTube user I’m a Footballer):
Fairuz is a striker for the team, Persiraja and the goalkeeper’s name is Agus Rahman from the opposition.
According to the Daily Mail, Fairuz was treated after the incident and stayed on the sidelines to finish watching the match. He was rushed to the hospital the next day however as his condition got worse.
Doctors discovered he was suffering from severe internal bleeding and were not able to save Fairuz despite surgery.
The Indonesian club has yet to release statement except that they will launch an investigation regarding the tragedy.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Floyd Mayweather Jr On Manny Pacquiao: 'He Must Know He's Not Going To Win
- Roger Federer Hailed Swiss Sportsman Of The Year, Beating Stan Wawrinka
- Hoax Alert: Floyd Mayweather Didn’t Die Of Drug Overdose
- NFL News: Chicago Bears Likely To Fire Head Coach Marc Trestman At End Of NFL Season
- Serena Williams On Caroline Wozniacki’s Friendship:’I Have Had A Love For Caroline From The Day I Met Her’