NBA Playoffs - West Finals Game 1 Preview: Oklahoma City Thunder vs. San Antonio Spurs Betting Odds and Trends
By James Patrick Quizon | May 20, 2014 12:41 AM EST
The Oklahoma City Thunder dominated the team with the best record in the league going 4-0 against the San Antonio Spurs in the regular season. Can Kevin Durant, Russell Westbrook and the rest of the Thunder continue to stamp their class on Tim Duncan, Tony Parker and the Spurs in the playoffs?
Game 1 of their best-of-seven series in the Western Conference Finals is set on Monday (Tuesday morning Australia) and the Thunder are hard-pressed to take the opening game—or even the series—as starting power forward Serge Ibaka is out for the postseason with a left calf injury.
For the series, the Thunder are priced at 2.73 to advance to the NBA Finals with the Spurs favoured at 1.48. Similar numbers are pegged for the opening game of the conference finals with Oklahoma City as the underdog at 2.95 and the Spurs at 1.42 to draw first blood. The Thunder are also ‘dogs by 5.5 points to cover the spread.
Without Ibaka, two OKC bigs will be asked to do more than what was expected of them in this postseason: veteran Nick Collison and rookie Steven Adams. Both of who has had good performances in previous series versus the Memphis Grizzlies and Los Angeles Clippers but only in limited minutes. Can one or both actually contribute in this series against veterans Tim Duncan, Tiago Splitter and Boris Diaw?
With or without Ibaka, the Thunder will rely on Durant and Westbrook anyway and the Spurs know they have their hands full in stopping OKC’s dynamic duo and athletic freaks. Can Tony Parker, Kawhi Leonard and Manu Ginobili at least neutralize the pair’s production?
Betting Lines: Oklahoma City Thunder (+5.5) vs. San Antonio Spurs
Game time: 11:00 am AEDT
Oklahoma City Thunder Trends
- The Thunder are 4-0-1 ATS in their last 5 games on the road
- The Thunder are 4-1 ATS in their last 5 games
- The Thunder are 4-1 ATS in their last 5 games after a win
San Antonio Spurs Trends
- The Spurs are 4-0 ATS in their last 4 games at home
- The Spurs are 5-1 ATS in their last 6 games
- The Spurs are 14-5 ATS in their last 19 games after an ATS win
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt’s Top Secret Wedding Tramps Jennifer Aniston’s ‘Friends’ Reunion & Pregnancy Talks [PHOTOS]
- 2014 US Open: Hottest Male Tennis Players To Watch [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- UFC News: Ronda Rousey To Avenge Teammates, Demands Bethe Correia
- FIBA Basketball World Cup Live Streaming Info: Argentina vs. Philippines Preview, Starting Lineups
- Grigor Dimitrov Shares Fashion Tips With Maria Sharapova
- FIBA World Cup 2014: Puerto Rico vs. Greece Live Streaming, Betting Odds and Preview
- 2014 US Open: Down Goes Maria Sharapova, BF Grigor Dimitrov Advances
- Pricey iPhone 6 on Release Date Likely but with 3X Retina Resolution & Mobile Payment Service – Reports
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 is iPhone Air on Sept 19 Release Date: 5 Things to Consider Before Buying
- Google Nexus 8 Confirmed as HTC T1 aka Volantis/Flounder with Freshly-Leaked Specs & Features – Reports
- Nexus 6 Release Date Update: Moto X+1 Look Leaked, Nexus X or Shamu Moved to Demo Phase
- Europe, US Next on ISIS’ Hit List, Says Saudi King; Seized ISIS Laptop Reveals Terrifying Bio-Warfare Plans
- iPhone 6 On Release Date To Feature Qualcomm MDM9625M LTE, 1GB RAM, Mobile Payment Deal With AMEX, 1334x750 Display
- Leaker of Actresses Nude Photos Accepting PayPal Donations in Exchange For Posting Alleged Sex Video of Jennifer Lawrence, Has Naked Pictures of 100 Hollywood A-Listers