Liverpool FC Transfer News: Real Madrid to Lure £100million for Reds Striker
By Mark Wayne Eubank | May 20, 2014 12:00 AM EST
La Liga giants Real Madrid will use a £100million lure to convince Liverpool to sell their star striker Luis Suarez.
"My focus is on the World Cup now." - Luis Suarez
The 27-year-old has recently won the Golden Shoe award, together with Cristiano Ronaldo, after bagging 31 goals in the Premier League.
He revealed a few days ago that the buy-out clause on his contract with the Merseyside outfit does not contain any preference as to which club he should join, but such issue might prove to be irrelevant if the Los Blancos hierarchy flexes their financial muscles.
Moreover, a rumoured interest by FC Barcelona could only see his stocks skyrocket and Liverpool will find hefty offers too hard to resist.
Meanwhile, Suarez is now focusing on serving the Uruguay national team in the World Cup finals in June.
"My focus is on the World Cup now. Everyone remembers the last World Cup we won in Brazil. But that is the past. I don't know if it was a miracle, in football you never know what will happen," said the former Ajax man.
Most Popular Slideshows
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Finale Spoilers: Kurt Sutter On Ending The Biker Series And Picking The Right Song For The Final Ride
- Prince Charles’ Wife Camilla Parker-Bowles In Drug Scandal - Reports
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
- St. Louis Rams 28, Seattle Seahawks 26 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: F1 Driver's Father Says Son In A Desperate Situation
- Manny Pacquiao Chasing Floyd Mayweather Jr. Because Of Money But Says Undefeated American Is Afraid Of Filipino - Analysts
- Floyd Mayweather Trains Justin Bieber In The Boxing Ring
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: Driver's Mother Says People 'Shirking Responsibility' About The Accident
- Novak Djokovic Aims For World No. 1 Rank In 2015, Becker Says
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage