Liverpool FC Transfer News: Real Madrid to Lure £100million for Reds Striker
By Mark Wayne Eubank | May 20, 2014 12:00 AM EST
La Liga giants Real Madrid will use a £100million lure to convince Liverpool to sell their star striker Luis Suarez.
"My focus is on the World Cup now." - Luis Suarez
The 27-year-old has recently won the Golden Shoe award, together with Cristiano Ronaldo, after bagging 31 goals in the Premier League.
He revealed a few days ago that the buy-out clause on his contract with the Merseyside outfit does not contain any preference as to which club he should join, but such issue might prove to be irrelevant if the Los Blancos hierarchy flexes their financial muscles.
Moreover, a rumoured interest by FC Barcelona could only see his stocks skyrocket and Liverpool will find hefty offers too hard to resist.
Meanwhile, Suarez is now focusing on serving the Uruguay national team in the World Cup finals in June.
"My focus is on the World Cup now. Everyone remembers the last World Cup we won in Brazil. But that is the past. I don't know if it was a miracle, in football you never know what will happen," said the former Ajax man.
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal On Roger Federer: ‘He’s A Good Person, A Fantastic Player And A Great Man On Court’
- Jeremy Lin’s Big Break: Steve Nash Out For The Season For The Los Angeles Lakers
- NBA News: Teammate Stresses Jeremy Lin's Importance To The Lakers
- Croatian Boxer Banned For Life From Sport After Vicious Attack On Polish Referee [VIDEO]
- Manny Pacquiao Is Better Than Floyd Mayweather Jr. In Basketball Claims Freddie Roach
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Android Lollipop 5.0 Confirmed for Nov 3 Rollout as Nexus 6 Global Release Date is Delayed – Reports