Liverpool FC Transfer News: Real Madrid to Lure £100million for Reds Striker
By Mark Wayne Eubank | May 20, 2014 12:00 AM EST
La Liga giants Real Madrid will use a £100million lure to convince Liverpool to sell their star striker Luis Suarez.
"My focus is on the World Cup now." - Luis Suarez
The 27-year-old has recently won the Golden Shoe award, together with Cristiano Ronaldo, after bagging 31 goals in the Premier League.
He revealed a few days ago that the buy-out clause on his contract with the Merseyside outfit does not contain any preference as to which club he should join, but such issue might prove to be irrelevant if the Los Blancos hierarchy flexes their financial muscles.
Moreover, a rumoured interest by FC Barcelona could only see his stocks skyrocket and Liverpool will find hefty offers too hard to resist.
Meanwhile, Suarez is now focusing on serving the Uruguay national team in the World Cup finals in June.
"My focus is on the World Cup now. Everyone remembers the last World Cup we won in Brazil. But that is the past. I don't know if it was a miracle, in football you never know what will happen," said the former Ajax man.
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
Join the Conversation
- Amir Khan Says Algieri Doesn’t Have What It Takes To Beat Pacquiao; Khan Reportedly A Top Contender For Mayweather Jr.’s Next Fight Says Mayweather Sr
- NFL Week 3: Washington Redskins Vs. Philadelphia Eagles Live Streaming Information And Preview
- Boxing News 2014: Nevada Commission Summons Mayweather Over Reports Of Marijuana Use In Mansion & No Rest Breaks In Gym
- Manchester United Transfer News: Van Gaal Hits Back At Guardiola Claiming Every Player He Spoke To Wants Old Trafford Move
- Manchester United: Van Gaal Warns Stars That He Will Willingly Bench Them