Reasons BBM a 'Better Option' Than iPhone And Android Apps
By Naveena Joy | May 19, 2014 11:57 PM EST
Blackberry has lost its credibility with the launch of series of smartphones and related apps. But the Blackberry Messenger app managed to steal the show among other handsets.
Earlier, Messenger was only used in Blackberry devices. But currently it is open to all iOS and Android users.
According to a recent article at CrackBerry, Blackberry Messenger is considered successful as a chat app as compared to others.
1. Know when messages are "delivered" and "read"
While chatting on various chat rooms, it is very important to know whether the messages are being delivered and read by the user. Whatsapp shows two kinds of ticks, a single tick and double tick. Most users think that double tick conveys that the reader has read the message. But actually, the single tick shows that the message has left the device and the double tick means it has reached the Whatsapp server. But in case of BBM, there are two options, "D" for delivered and "R" for read. The moment a message is sent, it will say "D" and once the end user reads the message, instantly it will say "R."
2. Manage contact list
The chat apps available have the ability to fill the room with each and every contact in the Phonebook without giving a choice. But in case of BBM, a contact is added by sharing PIN with each other. Once the request is accepted, messages and files can be shared.
3. BBM Channels
BBM Channel is accessible to only BBM users. It keeps up-to-date from personal channel accounts from friends and other top brands. It is a kind of social networking channel for these users who can like and comment on posts and interact with the Channel moderator.
4. Share files with friends
All the chat apps have some degree of file sharing ability. But the difference is when Whatsapp undergoes a lot steps, for instance, to ultimately send a file. In case of BBM, from within a chat, by tapping the paperclip tab to the left of the chat box, there are only five options. One of the options is "Share," by tapping on this, you can instantly access the media gallery, calendar entries, contact sharing, location, files and Dropbox.
5. Location sharing
By selecting the Glympse option in BBM, one can not only share the location with a friend but also view the location in real-time depending on the selected time.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Full List Of Winners, Miley Cyrus ‘Wrecking Ball’ Bags Video Of The Year [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton First Official Solo Trip: Details For Malta Tour Revealed [PHOTOS]
- Manny Pacquiao Vs. Chris Algieri World Tour Kick Off Press Conference In Macau [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
Join the Conversation
- ‘Dark Souls 2 Crown Of The Old Iron King’ DLC For PlayStation 3, XBox 360 And PC Released On Aug. 26, 2014 [WATCH VIDEO]
- Sony Xperia M2 vs. Nokia Lumia 1320 Specs And Price Comparison In Australia
- Update Samsung Galaxy Mega 6.3 I9205 To Official Android 4.4.2 KitKat XXUDNF2 Firmware
- ‘Super Smash Bros.’ Gets Massive Leak For Character Roster, Game Details And Sleep Mode
- Robin Williams to Be Honoured As A Character In 'World Of Warcraft: Warlords Of Draenor'
- Apple on iPhone 6 Release Date One Week After September 9 Despite Display Shortage Starting $800
- James Foley Video Had A Change Of Actor – Expert Points Out
- Canada Concerned About Russia’s Military Expansion in Arctic
- Hundreds of Men Rape Teen for Three Years
- Nexus 6 Release Date Will Intro Android 5.0 aka Lemon Meringue Pie with Killer Specs & Features
- Nokia X2 vs. Nokia Lumia 530 - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Why Moto X is Not the Best Smartphone to Purchase Now?