5 Fresh Features of Apple OS X Mavericks 10.9.3
By Ma Evelyn Castino Quilas | May 19, 2014 11:50 PM EST
Apple has recently released an updated version to the current desktop operating system with OS X Mavericks 10.9.3. The company recommends the update for all users of the operating system.
Here are the five fresh features that one will experience with the updated OS.
Better Compatibility And Stability
Apple's support page cited the updated X Mavericks 10.9.3 version has corrected the issue that prohibited the installation of PostScript Type 1 fonts in Font Book. This means that Maverick users can have more font choices for their documents. Also, the update comes up with better stability in the advent of configuration profile installations.
Apple said the updated OS comes with better 4K (ultra high-definition) display support for Mac Pro units and 15-inch Retina display of MacBook Pro which were both released in late 2013. This means with the updated X Mavericks 10.9.3 operating system, users of the units will have a clearer view of what's shown on their computer monitors even for large and high-resolution data.
More Reliable Connections And Security
According to Apple, the updated OS X Mavericks 10.9.3 has more reliable virtual private network connection and improved Internet protocol security. This means Maverick users who need to access data or share files from both Mac and personal computer will have smoother and faster experience in copying, editing and inspecting file permissions. There will also be a faster speed in logging in to the files that need active directory authentications. The problem with Wi-Fi reconnections in cases of active Bluetooth is also corrected.
More Secure Sync
Apple noted the updated OS X Mavericks 10.9.3 will also have better capability to sync contacts between an iOS and Mac with the use of a USB cord. This means users of both platforms can manage their schedules and contacts listing better as they will not need any more to reinput the data from one device to another or vice versa. Also, there is no need for users to sync both Mac and iOS devices to Apple iCloud.
Updated Safari and iTunes
Along with the X Mavericks 10.9.3, Apple includes Safari 7.0.3 and iTunes 11.2. This means Mavericks users can have faster and better browsing experience using Safari. They can also download music faster or listen to the songs from iTunes for as long as they want with greater peace of mind against attackers stealing their iTune credentials using a security patch that fixes HTTP vulnerability.
Like any other updates, Maverick users need to back-up their data prior to update. Once the X Mavericks 10.9.3 update is done, users also need to restart their units for the update to be fully functional.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- LG G4: Speculations About The Next Big Thing For 2015
- PS4 vs. Xbox One Black Friday Sale 2014, Cyber Monday Deals: Walmart’s PS4 Bundles And Discounted Games With Gold
- ‘GTA V:' 1.19 Patch, Heists DLC Release With ‘Next Major Update’ Possible—Report
- ‘GTA 5 Online’ Gets Errors Despite Patches; Devs Update Fans On Online Heists
- ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire’ Update Version 1.1, Eon Ticket And Delta Episode Info Appear
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- Black Friday Sale 2014 Deals From Amazon On Smartphones, TVs, Headsets And More
- Highest Paid NBA Players 2014: NBA Stars Who Earn More Than LeBron James