5 Fresh Features of Apple OS X Mavericks 10.9.3
By Ma Evelyn Castino Quilas | May 19, 2014 11:50 PM EST
Apple has recently released an updated version to the current desktop operating system with OS X Mavericks 10.9.3. The company recommends the update for all users of the operating system.
Here are the five fresh features that one will experience with the updated OS.
Better Compatibility And Stability
Apple's support page cited the updated X Mavericks 10.9.3 version has corrected the issue that prohibited the installation of PostScript Type 1 fonts in Font Book. This means that Maverick users can have more font choices for their documents. Also, the update comes up with better stability in the advent of configuration profile installations.
Apple said the updated OS comes with better 4K (ultra high-definition) display support for Mac Pro units and 15-inch Retina display of MacBook Pro which were both released in late 2013. This means with the updated X Mavericks 10.9.3 operating system, users of the units will have a clearer view of what's shown on their computer monitors even for large and high-resolution data.
More Reliable Connections And Security
According to Apple, the updated OS X Mavericks 10.9.3 has more reliable virtual private network connection and improved Internet protocol security. This means Maverick users who need to access data or share files from both Mac and personal computer will have smoother and faster experience in copying, editing and inspecting file permissions. There will also be a faster speed in logging in to the files that need active directory authentications. The problem with Wi-Fi reconnections in cases of active Bluetooth is also corrected.
More Secure Sync
Apple noted the updated OS X Mavericks 10.9.3 will also have better capability to sync contacts between an iOS and Mac with the use of a USB cord. This means users of both platforms can manage their schedules and contacts listing better as they will not need any more to reinput the data from one device to another or vice versa. Also, there is no need for users to sync both Mac and iOS devices to Apple iCloud.
Updated Safari and iTunes
Along with the X Mavericks 10.9.3, Apple includes Safari 7.0.3 and iTunes 11.2. This means Mavericks users can have faster and better browsing experience using Safari. They can also download music faster or listen to the songs from iTunes for as long as they want with greater peace of mind against attackers stealing their iTune credentials using a security patch that fixes HTTP vulnerability.
Like any other updates, Maverick users need to back-up their data prior to update. Once the X Mavericks 10.9.3 update is done, users also need to restart their units for the update to be fully functional.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Recap: New York Giants 45, Washington Redskins 14 [PHOTOS]
- Photos Of George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin, They Get Married Again On Monday [Slideshow]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Sims 4' First Expansion Pack To Roll Out Tomorrow With Halloween Theme Via Teaser Images
- The Pirate Bay Contains Malicious Advertisements: Using TPB Can Infect Your Computer With Malware
- Get Invite Codes to Ello the Social Networking Site That Is Viral On the Internet
- Windows Insider Program: How to Get Windows 10 the Next Generation Operating System
- Xbox One Sales Gear Up in China And UK As October System Update Improves Hardware
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Google HTC Nexus 9 Tablet October 24 Launch Date Benefits Many
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- MH 370 Search In Ocean To Intensify With Hi Tech Ships Joining The Plane Hunt From October
- Nexus 7 Tips and Tricks