Augment: New iPhone Case With Extra Battery Life
By Naveena Joy | May 19, 2014 11:27 PM EST
Apple's iPhone is currently being used everyday. Ever since this handset has become a necessity among users in their daily activities.
But users face a problem of battery life. With its maximum usage, either the battery doesn't keep up or it shuts down completely. The available options are having battery cases and power banks which are heavy, bulky and too messy.
Augment is a new case series from Rubix that gives a different effect on the traditional battery case. It is the first of its kind mobile charging solution. It is a modular charging case for iPhone 5 /5s that allows to increase the capacity by an additional 1200 mAh. It is very simple to use and very effective following the "plug and play" module that will give 60 percent extra power when needed.
The new case series can be used on a premium phone like iPhone with a unique style. It is so small that fits into a coin pocket taking up very little space when attached to the case.
The Augment charge unit comes with a micro USB charging cable that will charge and sync iPhone when connected. It can be charged with the phone by jacking in and individually using the USB cable. The Augment charge module is a perfect balance between power and size.
The small LED status indicator on the side of the module alerts the remaining power. The outside of the case is covered with durable TPU and the inside has a polycarbonate shell to add reinforcement. There are color options for both charge module and case: black, blue and red.
Around 30 units of both iPhone case and battery charge were produced, trialed and tested. The feedback was positive and Augment charge received Made for iPhone approval from Apple. This provided Rubix to continue with the final certification after obtaining the funding goal. The release date is not revealed as the company is in its final stages of acquiring certifications.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
Join the Conversation
- Android 4.4.3 and 4.4.4 KitKat Still Delayed for Samsung Galaxy S3, Galaxy Note 2, Galaxy S4 and Galaxy Note 3
- PS4 News: 2 Possible Sets of PS Plus Games for August 2014 Leaked and Additional Features for PS4
- HTC One Mini 2 vs. LG G2 Specs and Price Comparison in Australia
- GTA V Online: Money-Glitch Ban Goes After Cheaters as a New Zombie DLC Leak is Spotted
- Xbox One News: EA Subscription Effective for Microsoft’s Next-gen Console; Forza Horizon 2 Announces 16 More Cars
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Alpha Leaks Online: Release Date, Five Features to Wait for New Smart Phone
- Photos of Motorola Moto X+1 Prototype and Specs Leak Online, Release Date, Four Fresh Features Revealed
- Sony Xperia Z3: Release Date, Five Features to Expect from New Android Smart Phone
- 5 Food Scandals That Shocked The World
- Iran Leader Asks Muslims to Supply Arms to Palestine, Calls Israel ‘Rapacious Wolf’
- Nexus 6 Likely Confirmed as Motorola 5.9-Inch Phablet on Release Date – Report
- Apple on 5.5-inch iPhone 6 Release Will Not Happen Until 2015 with Stocks Poised to Soar