Arsenal FC Transfer News: Future Still Unsettled for Gunners Defender
By Mark Wayne Eubank | May 19, 2014 11:12 PM EST
Arsenal defender Bacary Sagna did not confirm nor deny anything related to his future after he helped the north London outfit clinch the FA Cup trophy on Saturday.
"Will it be my last game for Arsenal? I don't know." - Bacary Sagna
The French international's contract is expiring this coming June, but an extension has yet to be agreed upon by him and the club.
"Will it be my last game for Arsenal? I don't know," 29-year-old told The Sun.
"Everyone knows I am out of contract and we have not found an agreement with Arsenal."
"Right now, there is a lot of emotion and I am just very happy for Arsene Wenger and for everyone at this club."
He revealed that lifting a trophy after nine years of drought gave everyone who were associated to Arsenal a needed morale boost.
"We have struggled for quite a few years but the manager has always believed in us. All this time he has been heavily criticised so he deserves this victory," he disclosed.
"Personally, I am glad to have finally lifted a trophy. For me, this is a great return to Wembley after losing the League Cup final to Birmingham in 2011."
"Every year we have started the season under pressure. Before a ball was even kicked people spoke only about the lack of trophies and it ended up getting into the head of everyone at the club."
"We knew we were expected to end that run and that only increased the pressure."
"Now we have given some pride to our supporters and the players have personal pride."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- In Photos, Typhoon Rammasun Blasts the Philippines
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- $300 Million at Stake for Floyd Mayweather vs. Manny Pacquiao Showdown
- Roger Federer is ‘The Greatest of All Time' - Novak Djokovic’s Coach Boris Becker
- Roger Federer Tops Forbes’ List of Most Financially Valuable Athlete; Maria Sharapova and Li Na Also Make the Cut
- Jeremy Lin Seeks Respect From Lakers Star Kobe Bryant
- Arsenal FC Transfer News: Lionel Messi's Gunners Link a Ploy to Receive Improved Deal
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Soon Along with 2 More HTC Android Tablets – Reports
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air