Arsenal FC Transfer News: Future Still Unsettled for Gunners Defender
By Mark Wayne Eubank | May 19, 2014 11:12 PM EST
Arsenal defender Bacary Sagna did not confirm nor deny anything related to his future after he helped the north London outfit clinch the FA Cup trophy on Saturday.
"Will it be my last game for Arsenal? I don't know." - Bacary Sagna
The French international's contract is expiring this coming June, but an extension has yet to be agreed upon by him and the club.
"Will it be my last game for Arsenal? I don't know," 29-year-old told The Sun.
"Everyone knows I am out of contract and we have not found an agreement with Arsenal."
"Right now, there is a lot of emotion and I am just very happy for Arsene Wenger and for everyone at this club."
He revealed that lifting a trophy after nine years of drought gave everyone who were associated to Arsenal a needed morale boost.
"We have struggled for quite a few years but the manager has always believed in us. All this time he has been heavily criticised so he deserves this victory," he disclosed.
"Personally, I am glad to have finally lifted a trophy. For me, this is a great return to Wembley after losing the League Cup final to Birmingham in 2011."
"Every year we have started the season under pressure. Before a ball was even kicked people spoke only about the lack of trophies and it ended up getting into the head of everyone at the club."
"We knew we were expected to end that run and that only increased the pressure."
"Now we have given some pride to our supporters and the players have personal pride."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- USA Defeats Lithuania, 96-68; Americans Advance To Championship Round Of 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao Begins Training Sans Freddie Roach
- Rafael Nadal’s Coach Reveals The Spanish Athlete Will Be Back On Court Soon
- Boxing News 2014: Showtime VP Favours Pacquiao As Mayweather’s Next Ring Opponent; Money May Insists Fight Should Be Over Showtime PPV Only
- Michael Schumacher Rehabilitation Update: F1 Champion In-Home Health Care And Services Consist Of 15 Medical Staff
- Miami Heat Prepare For Life Without LeBron James, To Feature More Of Wade And Bosh In New System
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- Ukraine Crisis: Poland Denies Supplying Weapons To Kiev
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Countdown Begins Oct 8: 8 Killer Specs and Features to Expect
- Canadian IS Jihadist Wants to ‘Play Soccer’ with Heads of US Decapitated Soldiers