Arsenal FC Transfer News: Future Still Unsettled for Gunners Defender
By Mark Wayne Eubank | May 19, 2014 11:12 PM EST
Arsenal defender Bacary Sagna did not confirm nor deny anything related to his future after he helped the north London outfit clinch the FA Cup trophy on Saturday.
"Will it be my last game for Arsenal? I don't know." - Bacary Sagna
The French international's contract is expiring this coming June, but an extension has yet to be agreed upon by him and the club.
"Will it be my last game for Arsenal? I don't know," 29-year-old told The Sun.
"Everyone knows I am out of contract and we have not found an agreement with Arsenal."
"Right now, there is a lot of emotion and I am just very happy for Arsene Wenger and for everyone at this club."
He revealed that lifting a trophy after nine years of drought gave everyone who were associated to Arsenal a needed morale boost.
"We have struggled for quite a few years but the manager has always believed in us. All this time he has been heavily criticised so he deserves this victory," he disclosed.
"Personally, I am glad to have finally lifted a trophy. For me, this is a great return to Wembley after losing the League Cup final to Birmingham in 2011."
"Every year we have started the season under pressure. Before a ball was even kicked people spoke only about the lack of trophies and it ended up getting into the head of everyone at the club."
"We knew we were expected to end that run and that only increased the pressure."
"Now we have given some pride to our supporters and the players have personal pride."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao vs. Chris Algieri Betting Odds: American Knockout Of Filipino Pays $10,000 From A $100 Bet
- Dionesian ‘Hex’: Pacquiao’s Secret Weapon Behind His 8 Titles
- Arum Says Pacquiao's Victory vs Algieri May Cause Mayweather To Say ‘No’ To Dream Match
- Brooklyn Nets Agree to Grant Andrei Kirilenko Indefinite Leave of Absence
- Freddie Roach Asks Manny Pacquiao Not To Beat Up Algieri Too Badly So Mayweather Will Not Be Scared And Agree To Super Fight
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- More Nexus 6 Problems Arise with Android 5.0 Lollipop, Poor Benchmark Results and Other Issues
- HTC One M8 Android 5.0 Lollipop Release Delayed: Other Schedule and Installation Guide