Ben Affleck Stars as 'The Sad Batman' - Latest Meme Craze on the Internet
By Daniel Joseph Cruz | May 19, 2014 6:42 PM EST
Recently, Zack Snyder tweeted a photo taken from the upcoming "Man of Steel" sequel where Ben Affleck is seen wearing the Batman costume. The dim, stony, and shadowy photo of Batman sparked another fire from Internet users to create one of the latest memes "The Sad Batman."
Director Ben Affleck holds his best picture award for his film "Argo" at the 2013 Vanity Fair Oscars Party in West Hollywood, California in this file photo taken February 25, 2013. Affleck was banned earlier this week from playing blackjack at the Hard Rock casino in Las Vegas because he was "too good," a source close to the Oscar-winner said on Friday.
Irish journalist Will Hanafin started the Sad Batman meme craze when he used the hashtag #SadBatman on the newly revealed photo from Snyder. Immediately, social media users caught up with the photoshopping frenzy, and made different versions of the gloomy-caped superhero.
The Sad Batman is a photoshop meme based on a black-and-white picture of Ben Affleck posing as a glum-looking superhero on the set of the upcoming Batman and Superman film. The meme includes an edited cutout of Affleck's Batman into the background of various images that fits his lonely pose.
Zack Snyder, director for the upcoming Batman and Superman film tweeted the first picture of Batman beside his Batmobile from the filming set on May 13, 2014. Within 48 hours, the photo garnered over 44,000 retweets and over 24,000 favorites.
The photoshopped pictures show Batman's seemingly grumpy pose situated in various scenes. Batman was placed in swimming pools, social gatherings, special events, and to any kind of occasion. People of the Internet still continue making Sad Batman memes a few days when the Sad Batman hashtag trend started.
When Ben Affleck was announced as the new Batman to the Man of Steel sequel, comic book fans, and hardcore movie goers immediately lambasted on the news. Most of the people's negative comments say that Affleck may do a repeat performance of his previous Daredevil superhero portrayal. While there are others who believe the public may be surprised when Affleck makes a good portrayal of Batman when the new superhero sequel hit theatres on 2016.
View Zack Snyder's first tweet from the filming set of Batman, and some of Sad Batman memes spread over Twitter's Sad Batman results page.
— ZackSnyder (@ZackSnyder) May 13, 2014
Yeah, we're still not over that #SadBatman meme http://t.co/N6zuzUOrXd pic.twitter.com/ptNsLMEeEB — Digital Spy (@digitalspy) May 16, 2014
— Bea (@beatrizisabel) May 16, 2014
Sad Batman dropped all his Red Vines in the park. #sadbatman pic.twitter.com/8WpA0f3YWJ — Red Vines (@RedVines) May 15, 2014
— HYPE FACES (@rexarrowfilms) May 15, 2014
Right in the feels. #SadBatman pic.twitter.com/L1f0InJdcV — Sad Batman (@BatmanIsSad) May 14, 2014
"i do, i guess" - sad batman pic.twitter.com/OGVyZKQsO2
— T.C. (@LaughingStoic) May 13, 2014
#sadbatman pic.twitter.com/I79lSqxmP9 — HYPE FACES (@rexarrowfilms) May 14, 2014
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Winner is Marlisa Punzalan; Dean Ray Finishes as Runner-Up [VIDEOS]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Promo, Spoilers: Find Out What Happens In ‘Four Walls And A Roof’
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Housemate Lawson Chooses Cat Over GF, Kisses Cat in Bed [VIDEO]
- 'American Horror Story' : Renewed For Season 5, Ryan Murphy Says 'We're Not Doing Space'
- Kristen Stewart ‘Not In Love’ With ‘Equals’ Co-star Nicholas Hoult -- Reports
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch