‘Reign’ Renewed for Season 2 and Season 1 Finale Spoilers
By Anshu Shrivastava | May 19, 2014 6:31 PM EST
"Reign" has been renewed for Season 2. The CW renewed this popular, period drama in February. It is expected that the new season will continue to show the rise of Mary as a powerful Queen, and her relationship with Francis is unlikely to be about love.
The freshman season finale wrapped-up with multiple-cliffhangers. Here is what happened in the Season 1 finale, "Slaughter of Innocence":
Francis fatally injured his father King Henry in joust. King Henry died after revealing to Francis that he had killed his elder brother by poisoning his drink during a game of tennis. The young man's apparition that King Henry used to see was of his elder brother.
Also in the episode, Francis finally found out from Mary that he is the father of Lola's child. Mary told him the truth after she received a letter from Lola. In the letter, Lola asked Mary to take care of the child, as she is not sure about surviving after child-birth. She also gave Mary the permission to tell Francis the truth. Mary not only revealed the truth but also asked Francis to go and be with Lola, as she needs him.
Meanwhile, Bash killed the Darkness and stopped him from taking Pascal with him. The Darkness saw Pascal as his successor, and like him, he would have sacrificed others to stop the plague. Bash and Kenna confessed that they love each other and called it a miracle. Soon afterwards, Bash saw the signs of plague returning.
Francis was set to leave the castle to be at Lola's side when Mary found out that the plague is spreading. She tried to stop him, but Francis refused to listen. He set out to meet Lola and his child. Mary ordered the guards to lower the gates of the castle.
If Francis manages to beat the plague and return to the castle with Lola and their child, there will be a dynamic change in his and Mary's relationship. Also, he is very much likely to find that Mary holds the rein of power. Diane may return in the new season, as the dying King Henry asked Catherine to call Diane back to the castle, and Catherine gave her word.
Will Bash become the next Darkness -- or will he force Pascal to become the Darkness -- to stop the plague from spreading? The new season is set to answer this question and also many more.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder–Nina Dobrev Reunion Not Happening: 'The Vampire Diaries' (TVD) Star Is 'Falling In Love' With Nikki Reed—Report
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Lawson’s Girlfriend Reportedly Entering the House Plus Sandra Gets Evicted [VIDEO]
- 'Arrow' Season 3, Episode 3 Spoilers: Merlyn vs Queen; Thea Reborn; Felicity Smoak Gets New Boss [Watch Arrow 3x03 Promo Video]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ Spoilers For Oct. 23: Find Out What Happens When Phyllis Meets Kelly
- 'NCIS' Season 12, Episode 5 Spoilers: Gibbs' Gut OKs FBI Agent Leia Pendergast; A Favorite Guest Star Returns [Watch NCIS 12x5 Promo Video]
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop
- Israel Loses A Friend in UN Security Council As New Zealand Replaces Australia
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’