Gold Apple iPhone 6 Images Leaked: What to Expect
By Precious Silva | May 19, 2014 5:25 PM EST
One of the more important concerns about Apple's upcoming iPhone 6 revolves around its design. Smartphones no longer just compete in performance but also in their aesthetic appeal. According to recent images leaked, it looks like Apple has been working on a gold iPhone 6 along with two other color variations: space gray and silver. Considering the gold version of the iPhone 5s, it seems the tech giant has started a new tradition.
A woman tries the silver colored version of the new iPhone 5S after Apple Inc's media event in Cupertino, California September 10, 2013.
9to5Mac leaked images of a gold iPhone 6 mockup. The images feature the gold edition beside two color options Apple has been offering at present. According to the report, although the model in the picture looks like a dummy, it is also the first time that images of a gold mock up showed up.
Cutout of the camera on the lighter variants appear strange although it is best to consider the images as dummy or mock up of the upcoming device. They give an idea on what the actual design will be but they do not reflect it accurately. From the images, the Silver and Space Gray models sport a gold Touch ID ring. Although people will have to get familiar with the design, they provide a fresh take on the iPhone series.
According to a report by TIME, whereas there have been countless tips and leaks about the iPhone 6, the more important question is whether the device is worth the wait and purchase for consumers. TIME sums up information that has surfaced about Apple's upcoming flagship:
- The 4.7-inch version will feature a 1704-by-960 resolution display. This is as opposed to the 1136-by-640 resolution screen on the 4-inch display of the iPhone 5s and 5c.
- The design mockups of the phone show that Apple might be gearing up for a curvier design plus a thinner aluminum chassis. The leaked schematics reportedly from Foxconn support such design concept.
- The iPhone 6 will run on an A8 processor and will sport a sapphire glass.
According to TIME, consumers may find a larger iPhone easier to type on especially with a larger keyboard. However, the iPhone 5s remains a good deal for those who wish to operate their phones with one hand.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- The Pirate Bay Founder Gottfrid Svartholm Clears That Fredrik Neij And Peter Sunde Are Not TPB Founders
- [In Pictures] Police Fire As Protest Turns Into ‘Riot’ After Grand Jury Decision on Ferguson Shooting
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 8 Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Set To Burn The Place Down in ‘Coda’
Join the Conversation
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Home Depot Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Up To Nov. 29, 2014 Includes Special Buys On Appliances Such As Samsung Refrigerators, Whirlpool Electric Ranges And Hoover Vacuum Cleaners
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- Black Friday Sale 2014 Deals From Amazon On Smartphones, TVs, Headsets And More
- Andrew Robb Asks Obama Not to ‘Lecture’ Australia on Climate Change
- Highest Paid NBA Players 2014: NBA Stars Who Earn More Than LeBron James