'Interstellar' Christopher Nolan's Sci-Fiction Film Revealed In Official Trailer
By Tanya Diente | May 19, 2014 4:23 PM EST
"Interstellar," a science fiction movie from Christopher Nolan, the same director who brought "Inception" and "The Dark Knight Trilogy," has come out with its offcial movie trailer.
Feature film nomination recipient Christopher Nolan poses backstage at the 63rd annual DGA Awards dinner in Los Angeles January 29, 2011.
"Interstellar" is a star studded movie with "True Detective" actor Matthew McConaughey playing the lead role as Cooper. Other stars include Oscar Winner Anne Hathaway, Jessica Chastain, Casey Affleck, West Bentley, John Lithgow, Ellen Burstyn, David Oyelowo, Michael Caine, and "Bourne Identity" star Matt Damon. They all feature in the supporting cast for the film. The movie was co-written by Nolan with his brother Jonathan Nolan and was supposedly written for Steven Spielberg to direct. However Christopher Nolan chose to direct the film which is based on scientific theories by Kip Thorne. It will be his first film since "The Dark Knight Rises" in 2012.
"Interstellar" according to Mirror UK, records the adventures of a group of voyagers who make use of a newly discovered wormhole to exceed the boundaries of human space travel, and master the vast distance involved in an interplanetary voyage.
According to Denofgeek, much was the secrecy of the film in the previous months that all viewers knew about it was the names of the cast. Even the two-minute teaser trailer released during that time didn't provide much of a background story; with only cut -together videos of old space missions and Matthew McConaughey's soft, lilting voice as voiceover, while he narrates about the world's need for exploration.
"Perhaps we've just forgotten that we are still pioneers," he says. "And we've barely begun; that our greatest accomplishments cannot be behind us and that our destiny lies above us."
"Interstellar" Teaser Trailer
A close-up of Cooper's face as he is driving is also seen in the trailer. There is also a flash of a beat-up, faded blue truck, followed by a flash of a child grabbing an adult's hand, as they both stand in a cornfield, to look up at a rocket blasting away in the sky.
However, an official movie trailer for "Interstellar" has been finally released and Christopher Nolan's science fiction odyssey is beginning to emerge from its mysterious shroud. Denofgeek said "if the trailer below is anything to go by, we're in for quite a cosmic ride".
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Finale Spoilers: Kurt Sutter On Ending The Biker Series And Picking The Right Song For The Final Ride
- Prince Charles’ Wife Camilla Parker-Bowles In Drug Scandal - Reports
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
- St. Louis Rams 28, Seattle Seahawks 26 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 2 Major Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Strangers’
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Winner is Marlisa Punzalan; Dean Ray Finishes as Runner-Up [VIDEOS]
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Grand Final Sing-Off: Marlisa Punzalan, Dean Ray and Brothers 3 [VIDEOS]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Promo, Spoilers: Find Out What Happens In ‘Four Walls And A Roof’
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Housemate Lawson Chooses Cat Over GF, Kisses Cat in Bed [VIDEO]
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage