'Interstellar' Christopher Nolan's Sci-Fiction Film Revealed In Official Trailer
By Tanya Diente | May 19, 2014 4:23 PM EST
"Interstellar," a science fiction movie from Christopher Nolan, the same director who brought "Inception" and "The Dark Knight Trilogy," has come out with its offcial movie trailer.
Feature film nomination recipient Christopher Nolan poses backstage at the 63rd annual DGA Awards dinner in Los Angeles January 29, 2011.
"Interstellar" is a star studded movie with "True Detective" actor Matthew McConaughey playing the lead role as Cooper. Other stars include Oscar Winner Anne Hathaway, Jessica Chastain, Casey Affleck, West Bentley, John Lithgow, Ellen Burstyn, David Oyelowo, Michael Caine, and "Bourne Identity" star Matt Damon. They all feature in the supporting cast for the film. The movie was co-written by Nolan with his brother Jonathan Nolan and was supposedly written for Steven Spielberg to direct. However Christopher Nolan chose to direct the film which is based on scientific theories by Kip Thorne. It will be his first film since "The Dark Knight Rises" in 2012.
"Interstellar" according to Mirror UK, records the adventures of a group of voyagers who make use of a newly discovered wormhole to exceed the boundaries of human space travel, and master the vast distance involved in an interplanetary voyage.
According to Denofgeek, much was the secrecy of the film in the previous months that all viewers knew about it was the names of the cast. Even the two-minute teaser trailer released during that time didn't provide much of a background story; with only cut -together videos of old space missions and Matthew McConaughey's soft, lilting voice as voiceover, while he narrates about the world's need for exploration.
"Perhaps we've just forgotten that we are still pioneers," he says. "And we've barely begun; that our greatest accomplishments cannot be behind us and that our destiny lies above us."
"Interstellar" Teaser Trailer
A close-up of Cooper's face as he is driving is also seen in the trailer. There is also a flash of a beat-up, faded blue truck, followed by a flash of a child grabbing an adult's hand, as they both stand in a cornfield, to look up at a rocket blasting away in the sky.
However, an official movie trailer for "Interstellar" has been finally released and Christopher Nolan's science fiction odyssey is beginning to emerge from its mysterious shroud. Denofgeek said "if the trailer below is anything to go by, we're in for quite a cosmic ride".
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder–Nina Dobrev Reunion Not Happening: 'The Vampire Diaries' (TVD) Star Is 'Falling In Love' With Nikki Reed—Report
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Lawson’s Girlfriend Reportedly Entering the House Plus Sandra Gets Evicted [VIDEO]
- 'Arrow' Season 3, Episode 3 Spoilers: Merlyn vs Queen; Thea Reborn; Felicity Smoak Gets New Boss [Watch Arrow 3x03 Promo Video]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ Spoilers For Oct. 23: Find Out What Happens When Phyllis Meets Kelly
- 'NCIS' Season 12, Episode 5 Spoilers: Gibbs' Gut OKs FBI Agent Leia Pendergast; A Favorite Guest Star Returns [Watch NCIS 12x5 Promo Video]
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’
- Canada Raises National Terror Alert Level after Suspected Jihadist Runs Over Soldier
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories