'Interstellar' Christopher Nolan's Sci-Fiction Film Revealed In Official Trailer
By Tanya Diente | May 19, 2014 4:23 PM EST
"Interstellar," a science fiction movie from Christopher Nolan, the same director who brought "Inception" and "The Dark Knight Trilogy," has come out with its offcial movie trailer.
Feature film nomination recipient Christopher Nolan poses backstage at the 63rd annual DGA Awards dinner in Los Angeles January 29, 2011.
"Interstellar" is a star studded movie with "True Detective" actor Matthew McConaughey playing the lead role as Cooper. Other stars include Oscar Winner Anne Hathaway, Jessica Chastain, Casey Affleck, West Bentley, John Lithgow, Ellen Burstyn, David Oyelowo, Michael Caine, and "Bourne Identity" star Matt Damon. They all feature in the supporting cast for the film. The movie was co-written by Nolan with his brother Jonathan Nolan and was supposedly written for Steven Spielberg to direct. However Christopher Nolan chose to direct the film which is based on scientific theories by Kip Thorne. It will be his first film since "The Dark Knight Rises" in 2012.
"Interstellar" according to Mirror UK, records the adventures of a group of voyagers who make use of a newly discovered wormhole to exceed the boundaries of human space travel, and master the vast distance involved in an interplanetary voyage.
According to Denofgeek, much was the secrecy of the film in the previous months that all viewers knew about it was the names of the cast. Even the two-minute teaser trailer released during that time didn't provide much of a background story; with only cut -together videos of old space missions and Matthew McConaughey's soft, lilting voice as voiceover, while he narrates about the world's need for exploration.
"Perhaps we've just forgotten that we are still pioneers," he says. "And we've barely begun; that our greatest accomplishments cannot be behind us and that our destiny lies above us."
"Interstellar" Teaser Trailer
A close-up of Cooper's face as he is driving is also seen in the trailer. There is also a flash of a beat-up, faded blue truck, followed by a flash of a child grabbing an adult's hand, as they both stand in a cornfield, to look up at a rocket blasting away in the sky.
However, an official movie trailer for "Interstellar" has been finally released and Christopher Nolan's science fiction odyssey is beginning to emerge from its mysterious shroud. Denofgeek said "if the trailer below is anything to go by, we're in for quite a cosmic ride".
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Jennifer Lawrence & Nicholas Hoult Allegedly Split: Mad Max Actor Cheats with Kristen Stewart & Riley Keough - Reports
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
Join the Conversation
- Ed Sheeran Disappoints Taylor Swift and Other A-List Celebrities, Scolded for Spilling Secrets - Reports
- Beyonce and Jay Z: HOV May Have a Sextape with Carmen Bryan, Report Suggests; Queen Bey ‘Beyond Furious’
- The Bachelorette Season 10 (2014) Finale, ATFR Spoilers: Find Out: Will Andi Dorfman Accept the Proposal and is She Still With the Winner
- Jim Parsons Quits The Big Bang Theory News Turns Out Hoax, but Actor ‘Not’ Sure about his Return in Season 8
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Reports: The Truth Behind the Duchess Miscarriage
- Apple iPhone 6 on Two Confirmed Release Dates, New Parts Leaked Suggesting Bigger iPhone to Come
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- HTC One M8 Android 4.4.3 KitKat Update Roll Out, Introducing the HTC One Remix
- Killer Whales Gobble Japanese Whaling Crew
- The Pirate Bay Releases ‘The Mobile Bay’: Mobile Torrent Download Made Easier but Remains Illegal
- 5 Marketing Nuggets We Can All Learn From Lady Gaga