'Interstellar' Christopher Nolan's Sci-Fiction Film Revealed In Official Trailer
By Tanya Diente | May 19, 2014 4:23 PM EST
"Interstellar," a science fiction movie from Christopher Nolan, the same director who brought "Inception" and "The Dark Knight Trilogy," has come out with its offcial movie trailer.
Feature film nomination recipient Christopher Nolan poses backstage at the 63rd annual DGA Awards dinner in Los Angeles January 29, 2011.
"Interstellar" is a star studded movie with "True Detective" actor Matthew McConaughey playing the lead role as Cooper. Other stars include Oscar Winner Anne Hathaway, Jessica Chastain, Casey Affleck, West Bentley, John Lithgow, Ellen Burstyn, David Oyelowo, Michael Caine, and "Bourne Identity" star Matt Damon. They all feature in the supporting cast for the film. The movie was co-written by Nolan with his brother Jonathan Nolan and was supposedly written for Steven Spielberg to direct. However Christopher Nolan chose to direct the film which is based on scientific theories by Kip Thorne. It will be his first film since "The Dark Knight Rises" in 2012.
"Interstellar" according to Mirror UK, records the adventures of a group of voyagers who make use of a newly discovered wormhole to exceed the boundaries of human space travel, and master the vast distance involved in an interplanetary voyage.
According to Denofgeek, much was the secrecy of the film in the previous months that all viewers knew about it was the names of the cast. Even the two-minute teaser trailer released during that time didn't provide much of a background story; with only cut -together videos of old space missions and Matthew McConaughey's soft, lilting voice as voiceover, while he narrates about the world's need for exploration.
"Perhaps we've just forgotten that we are still pioneers," he says. "And we've barely begun; that our greatest accomplishments cannot be behind us and that our destiny lies above us."
"Interstellar" Teaser Trailer
A close-up of Cooper's face as he is driving is also seen in the trailer. There is also a flash of a beat-up, faded blue truck, followed by a flash of a child grabbing an adult's hand, as they both stand in a cornfield, to look up at a rocket blasting away in the sky.
However, an official movie trailer for "Interstellar" has been finally released and Christopher Nolan's science fiction odyssey is beginning to emerge from its mysterious shroud. Denofgeek said "if the trailer below is anything to go by, we're in for quite a cosmic ride".
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Full List Of Winners, Miley Cyrus ‘Wrecking Ball’ Bags Video Of The Year [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton First Official Solo Trip: Details For Malta Tour Revealed [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- Top 5 Richest Tennis Athletes
Join the Conversation
- 'Sylvester Stallone Dies In Horrible Car Accident’ Death Hoax Goes Viral
- ‘The Big Bang Theory’ Season 8 Spoiler: Revelation Of Reason Why Penny, Leonard ‘Not’ Getting Married Soon
- 'The Bachelorette' Update: Andi Dorfman And Josh Murray To Setup Career In Hollywood- Reports
- Katy Perry's Date Riff Raff At MTV VMAs: Top 5 Things To Know About The Rapper
- ‘The Bold And The Beautiful’ Spoilers For Aug. 26, 2014: Past Mistakes, Betrayals And Confrontations In ‘B&B’ [WATCH VIDEO]
- Apple on iPhone 6 Release Date One Week After September 9 Despite Display Shortage Starting $800
- James Foley Video Had A Change Of Actor – Expert Points Out
- Canada Concerned About Russia’s Military Expansion in Arctic
- Why Moto X is Not the Best Smartphone to Purchase Now?
- Nexus 6 Release Date Will Intro Android 5.0 aka Lemon Meringue Pie with Killer Specs & Features
- Hundreds of Men Rape Teen for Three Years
- Nokia X2 vs. Nokia Lumia 530 - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown