Jumping Jai Taurima’s Daughter, Indie Rose, Dies of Leukaemia
By Athena Yenko | May 19, 2014 4:20 PM EST
Jai Taurima, known by Australian fans as "Jumping Jai" said goodbye to her daughter Indie Rose who died of leukaemia on Saturday.
Taurima had been 'infamous' for his smoking, drinking and superman tattoo, Herald Sun reports.
After his retirement Mr Taurima worked with the Australian Federal Police and as security officer for prime ministers John Howard, Kevin Rudd and Julia Gillard.
However, it was of being a father that he was the most successful.
The family announced the death through a Facebook account set up for two-year-old Indie Rose.
"This morning at 12.30am Indie Rose Taurima grew her angel wings and went to heaven. She was lying in Mummy's arms pain free and slipped away in her sleep. Love you baby girl," Taurima posted.
On Tuesday, Indie's mother, Jennifer Smith, informed therir Facebook followers that Indie was already showing signs that she was ready to go.
"We have been so blessed to have another week with our beautiful girl. She has become so fragile and sleeps for majority of the day. Her little body is tiny and is getting weaker each day. Our occupational therapist gave Indie a special chair to help support her body as she now prefers to sit up because her liver and spleen are very enlarged it's extremely uncomfortable to lay down, " Smith posted.
In March, the family celebrated Indie's third birthday in advance.
"We have decided to celebrate indie's 3rd birthday tomorrow as her real birthday is in May. We are having a crazy hat theme. I think the doctors and nurses are just as excited as we are."
Indie was diagnosed with Acute Lymphoblastic Leukaemia in August 2011. After the diagnosis, Indie spent three years undergoing treatment at the Sydney Children's Hospital at Westmead.
On Sunday, Wiggles posted a message of condolence for the family.
"It is with great sadness that we report the death of a beautiful little girl, Indie Rose. We had the wonderful opportunity to meet Indie last year, and we will miss her dearly. Our thoughts and prayers are with this little angel, along with her mum, dad and family."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Medical Marijuana Ads In Canada Facing Crackdown: Health Canada Issues Warning Letters To 20 Licensed Producers
- Australia to Host Human Tests for New Brain Tumour Treatment
- HIV Treatment News: Largest Truvada Trial Happening In Australia
- Ebola Vaccine Shows High Immune System Response In Early Tests; Australia Lifts Travel Ban on Congo
- Ellen DeGeneres Gives El Cajon Man With Viral Weight Loss Video Ford Mustang
- Revealed: Vladimir Putin Plotting To Invade Europe – Report
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- Bill Clinton At It Again, Caught By Camera In Jerusalem Peeking At Woman’s Breast