Jumping Jai Taurima’s Daughter, Indie Rose, Dies of Leukaemia
By Athena Yenko | May 19, 2014 4:20 PM EST
Jai Taurima, known by Australian fans as "Jumping Jai" said goodbye to her daughter Indie Rose who died of leukaemia on Saturday.
Taurima had been 'infamous' for his smoking, drinking and superman tattoo, Herald Sun reports.
After his retirement Mr Taurima worked with the Australian Federal Police and as security officer for prime ministers John Howard, Kevin Rudd and Julia Gillard.
However, it was of being a father that he was the most successful.
The family announced the death through a Facebook account set up for two-year-old Indie Rose.
"This morning at 12.30am Indie Rose Taurima grew her angel wings and went to heaven. She was lying in Mummy's arms pain free and slipped away in her sleep. Love you baby girl," Taurima posted.
On Tuesday, Indie's mother, Jennifer Smith, informed therir Facebook followers that Indie was already showing signs that she was ready to go.
"We have been so blessed to have another week with our beautiful girl. She has become so fragile and sleeps for majority of the day. Her little body is tiny and is getting weaker each day. Our occupational therapist gave Indie a special chair to help support her body as she now prefers to sit up because her liver and spleen are very enlarged it's extremely uncomfortable to lay down, " Smith posted.
In March, the family celebrated Indie's third birthday in advance.
"We have decided to celebrate indie's 3rd birthday tomorrow as her real birthday is in May. We are having a crazy hat theme. I think the doctors and nurses are just as excited as we are."
Indie was diagnosed with Acute Lymphoblastic Leukaemia in August 2011. After the diagnosis, Indie spent three years undergoing treatment at the Sydney Children's Hospital at Westmead.
On Sunday, Wiggles posted a message of condolence for the family.
"It is with great sadness that we report the death of a beautiful little girl, Indie Rose. We had the wonderful opportunity to meet Indie last year, and we will miss her dearly. Our thoughts and prayers are with this little angel, along with her mum, dad and family."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- In Photos, Typhoon Rammasun Blasts the Philippines
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- The Great Australian Sex Census Decodes Sex Technology Habits of Australians
- Dwayne Johnson Talks About Overcoming Depression
- HIV/AIDS Cure a Step Closer with Anti-Cancer Drugs 'Kicking' Virus Out of Infected Cells
- Paris Hilton Quits Junk Food: A High Fat Diet Could Destroy Your Sense of Smell, Study
- Johns Hopkins Hospital Agrees To Pay $190 Million To Settle Gynaecology Scandal
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Soon Along with 2 More HTC Android Tablets – Reports
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- Sony PlayStation 4 Outsells a Resurgent Xbox One in June
- Apple Logo on iPhone 6 Might Double as Notification LED; Roughly 80M iPhone 6 Units Ordered Targeting Release Date—Reports