Jumping Jai Taurima’s Daughter, Indie Rose, Dies of Leukaemia
By Athena Yenko | May 19, 2014 4:20 PM EST
Jai Taurima, known by Australian fans as "Jumping Jai" said goodbye to her daughter Indie Rose who died of leukaemia on Saturday.
Taurima had been 'infamous' for his smoking, drinking and superman tattoo, Herald Sun reports.
After his retirement Mr Taurima worked with the Australian Federal Police and as security officer for prime ministers John Howard, Kevin Rudd and Julia Gillard.
However, it was of being a father that he was the most successful.
The family announced the death through a Facebook account set up for two-year-old Indie Rose.
"This morning at 12.30am Indie Rose Taurima grew her angel wings and went to heaven. She was lying in Mummy's arms pain free and slipped away in her sleep. Love you baby girl," Taurima posted.
On Tuesday, Indie's mother, Jennifer Smith, informed therir Facebook followers that Indie was already showing signs that she was ready to go.
"We have been so blessed to have another week with our beautiful girl. She has become so fragile and sleeps for majority of the day. Her little body is tiny and is getting weaker each day. Our occupational therapist gave Indie a special chair to help support her body as she now prefers to sit up because her liver and spleen are very enlarged it's extremely uncomfortable to lay down, " Smith posted.
In March, the family celebrated Indie's third birthday in advance.
"We have decided to celebrate indie's 3rd birthday tomorrow as her real birthday is in May. We are having a crazy hat theme. I think the doctors and nurses are just as excited as we are."
Indie was diagnosed with Acute Lymphoblastic Leukaemia in August 2011. After the diagnosis, Indie spent three years undergoing treatment at the Sydney Children's Hospital at Westmead.
On Sunday, Wiggles posted a message of condolence for the family.
"It is with great sadness that we report the death of a beautiful little girl, Indie Rose. We had the wonderful opportunity to meet Indie last year, and we will miss her dearly. Our thoughts and prayers are with this little angel, along with her mum, dad and family."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- WHO Races to Release Ebola Serum in 2 Weeks, Vaccines in January
- Canadian Ebola Drug: Tekmira Firm Starts Limited Manufacturing of Vaccine, Available By December; Shares Up
- Travel Alert: Over 200 Canadians Infected with Mosquito-Borne Chikungunya Virus
- US Dedicates 5 Airports for Travellers From Ebola-Stricken Nations, Lawmakers Want Travel Ban
- WHO Declares Nigeria Ebola-Free, Urges Other Nations To Replicate Success Story
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’
- Canada Raises National Terror Alert Level after Suspected Jihadist Runs Over Soldier