‘Dragon Age’ Inquisition: The Fortress of Adamant [Watch Trailer]
By Sachin Trivedi | May 19, 2014 4:20 PM EST
The producers of "Dragon Age" Inquisition have given gaming enthusiasts a preview of things to come before the release date. The background information was given to fans about The Fortress of Adamant from the point of view of the Grey Wardens.
Readers who are familiar with the novel "Dragon Age" Asunder will know about The Fortress of Adamant. It was built as a stronghold to push back the darkspawn from the Abyssal Rift. The fortress was later abandoned due to difficulty in its upkeep.
The Grey Wardens are responsible for the Fortress of Adamant, once a symbol of triumph and sacrifice of the Grey Wardens it was filled with griffons and brave men standing guard against the demons creeping through the thin veil.
The Fortress of Adamant was abandoned in the Blessed Age. The western approach to the stronghold had become a wasteland, making it difficult to maintain the fortress and the relevance of the stronghold was waning in the minds of the people who did not see the darkspawn as a threat.
The Fortress of Adamant was built by the dwarves and gamers may find that the fortress still stands while they play "Dragon Age" Inquisition. It will be a tall order, however, to get the fortress back to its former glory.
One of the interesting aspects of the game includes the need by the gamer to make difficult choices. The wrong choices may take the game in a direction of a no win situation where no matter what action the player takes at the moment, the scenario will be lost. The choices made by the player also affect the companions in the game, who may or may not agree with all the decisions and may also confront the player eventually.
"Dragon Age" Inquisition has elements of both a real time strategy game as well as a role playing game. The player will have to take the lead and take decisions like deploying the troops across the realm and taking real time control of attacks.
There is already a lot of excitement for the game among the fans who are eagerly waiting for the release date of "Dragon Age" Inquisition. The game is available for pre order and will become available from 7 October.
'Godzilla' 2014 Movie review: The Return of 'The King of the Monsters' [Read]
'Hunger Games' Mockingjay Photos Revealed: Liam Hemsworth and Jennifer Lawrence Seen in Hoods [Read]
'Game of Thrones' Season 4 Spoilers Episode 7 Preview [Watch Video] [Read]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Report: Duchess Expecting a Baby Girl, Prince William Wants 3 Kids [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- PS4 vs. Xbox One Games: The Last of Us Remastered Photo Mode Leaked Shots; Halo: Master Chief Collection Detailed
- Dragon Age 3 Inquisition Romance: Cassandra Pentaghast, Dorian, Cullen, Sera, Iron Bull and Josephine Montilyet
- The SIMS 4 Official System Requirements Reveal Low Spec Demands; Release Date on September 2
- Before Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire: TwitchPlaysPokemon Goes X and Y, More Events and More Gym Leader Info
- Disney Infinity 2.0: Marvel Super Heroes Release Date, Features Marvel's Guardians Of The Galaxy Play Set
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- Killer Whales Gobble Japanese Whaling Crew
- 12-inch MacBook Apple Retina and 2014 MacBook Pro to Feature Liquid Sensors, Release in October
- The Pirate Bay Releases ‘The Mobile Bay’: Mobile Torrent Download Made Easier but Remains Illegal