‘Dragon Age’ Inquisition: The Fortress of Adamant [Watch Trailer]
By Sachin Trivedi | May 19, 2014 4:20 PM EST
The producers of "Dragon Age" Inquisition have given gaming enthusiasts a preview of things to come before the release date. The background information was given to fans about The Fortress of Adamant from the point of view of the Grey Wardens.
Readers who are familiar with the novel "Dragon Age" Asunder will know about The Fortress of Adamant. It was built as a stronghold to push back the darkspawn from the Abyssal Rift. The fortress was later abandoned due to difficulty in its upkeep.
The Grey Wardens are responsible for the Fortress of Adamant, once a symbol of triumph and sacrifice of the Grey Wardens it was filled with griffons and brave men standing guard against the demons creeping through the thin veil.
The Fortress of Adamant was abandoned in the Blessed Age. The western approach to the stronghold had become a wasteland, making it difficult to maintain the fortress and the relevance of the stronghold was waning in the minds of the people who did not see the darkspawn as a threat.
The Fortress of Adamant was built by the dwarves and gamers may find that the fortress still stands while they play "Dragon Age" Inquisition. It will be a tall order, however, to get the fortress back to its former glory.
One of the interesting aspects of the game includes the need by the gamer to make difficult choices. The wrong choices may take the game in a direction of a no win situation where no matter what action the player takes at the moment, the scenario will be lost. The choices made by the player also affect the companions in the game, who may or may not agree with all the decisions and may also confront the player eventually.
"Dragon Age" Inquisition has elements of both a real time strategy game as well as a role playing game. The player will have to take the lead and take decisions like deploying the troops across the realm and taking real time control of attacks.
There is already a lot of excitement for the game among the fans who are eagerly waiting for the release date of "Dragon Age" Inquisition. The game is available for pre order and will become available from 7 October.
'Godzilla' 2014 Movie review: The Return of 'The King of the Monsters' [Read]
'Hunger Games' Mockingjay Photos Revealed: Liam Hemsworth and Jennifer Lawrence Seen in Hoods [Read]
'Game of Thrones' Season 4 Spoilers Episode 7 Preview [Watch Video] [Read]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Boards London Train in Casual Disguise, Royal Couple’s Incognito Plan A Huge Hit [PHOTOS]
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt’s Top Secret Wedding Tramps Jennifer Aniston’s ‘Friends’ Reunion & Pregnancy Talks [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Xbox’s September Games with Gold Features Halo Reach As Halo 5: Guardians And Master Chief Collection Get Details
- ‘Minecraft Xbox One Edition’ Updates From Devs Plus More On Minecraft On The Xbox Platform
- ‘Assassin’s Creed Unity’ Delayed To November As ‘Rogue’ Gets More Story Details
- 'World Of Warcraft’ Brings Back The ‘Gaze Of The Black Prince’ Buff From Sept. 2-16, 2014 After ‘Warlords Of Draenor' Patch 6.0.1 Beta Notes Update [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'Dragon Age: Inquisition': Romancing Solas, Morrigan's Human Side And Dragon Age Keep User Interface
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 is iPhone Air on Sept 19 Release Date: 5 Things to Consider Before Buying
- Pricey iPhone 6 on Release Date Likely but with 3X Retina Resolution & Mobile Payment Service – Reports
- Nexus 6 Release Date Update: Moto X+1 Look Leaked, Nexus X or Shamu Moved to Demo Phase
- Google Nexus 8 Confirmed as HTC T1 aka Volantis/Flounder with Freshly-Leaked Specs & Features – Reports
- iPhone 6 On Release Date To Feature Qualcomm MDM9625M LTE, 1GB RAM, Mobile Payment Deal With AMEX, 1334x750 Display
- HTC One M8 for Windows Vs. Nokia Lumia Icon, The Battle Of Windows Phones