‘Star Trek’ Horizons: War with the Romulans [Watch Trailer]
By Sachin Trivedi | May 19, 2014 4:11 PM EST
Meet Captain Harrison Hawke and the crew of the NX-04 Discovery, as they take on the Romulan Empire in "Star Trek" Horizons. The movie is based in the year 2160 when the Coalition of Planets, led by Earth, is finding it difficult to counter the Romulans.
The fan-made movie has got the funding from Kickstarter and has already collected over $21,706. The producers of the movie claim that the viewer need not be a "Star Trek" fan to follow the story. They will be able to understand the story even if the viewer has not seen any of the previous movies from the popular franchise.
The movie is based around the time of the fifth "Star Trek" TV series. The TV series of the franchise was eventually cancelled in 2005. The main vessel in the TV series has been The Enterprise but this starship may not feature predominantly in this new movie.
The plot of "Star Trek" Horizons will have close ties to the Enterprise, but the story will be mostly a standalone and will not depend excessively on The Enterprise for content. The movie is produced by Tommy Kraft, who says that the TV series has helped him find his way in his filming career.
The main cast of the movie includes Paul Lang as Harrison Hawke, the captain of the star ship NX-04 Discovery, Marc Bowers as Commander Jackson Gates, the first officer of NX-04 Discovery, Ryan A. Webber as Commander Francis Brookes, the chief engineer, Callie Bussell as Lieutenant T'mar, a defector from the Romulan Empire.
Fans who have backed the "Star Trek" Horizon project get some "rewards" from the producers of the movie. Anyone who has donated $10 or more will receive a custom made Admiral rank insignia pin, for reaching the $15,000 threshold of funding. $10 donations that lead up to $20,000 get Romulan Star Empire uniform patch and for the $25,000 goal, fans who have donated $10 or more will receive a 11x17 poster of the movie.
The other benefits to people who have donated include access to download the digital version of the movie for donations over $15, a NX-04 Discovery patch, designed by the producer Tommy Kraft, for donations over $25, official movie sound track on a CD for people who have donated over $35, film DVD signed by filmmaker Tommy Kraft for donations over $50, closing credits with a "thank You" for people donating over $100 and the highest tier of donations is for $1000 and over, people who have donated such a large amount get an executive producer credit in the movie.
'Godzilla' 2014 Movie review: The Return of 'The King of the Monsters' [Read]
'Hunger Games' Mockingjay Photos Revealed: Liam Hemsworth and Jennifer Lawrence Seen in Hoods [Read]
'Game of Thrones' Season 4 Spoilers Episode 7 Preview [Watch Video] [Read]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- In Photos, Typhoon Rammasun Blasts the Philippines
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Star Wars Episode VII: Jedi Master's Search, Luke's Lightsaber From the Sky
- Avengers 2: Ultron's First Attack On The Avengers, More Details on the Avengers Tower Party
- Avengers 2: Capt.America Dances With Peggy Carter, First Love Returns
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Break-Up Furor Ceased: West Gets Turned on by Kim, Puts Rest to Marriage Trouble Reports
- Selena Gomez & Andre Hamann Update: Andre Calls Selena Stunning, Admits Crush on Singer
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Soon Along with 2 More HTC Android Tablets – Reports
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales