‘Star Trek’ Horizons: War with the Romulans [Watch Trailer]
By Sachin Trivedi | May 19, 2014 4:11 PM EST
Meet Captain Harrison Hawke and the crew of the NX-04 Discovery, as they take on the Romulan Empire in "Star Trek" Horizons. The movie is based in the year 2160 when the Coalition of Planets, led by Earth, is finding it difficult to counter the Romulans.
The fan-made movie has got the funding from Kickstarter and has already collected over $21,706. The producers of the movie claim that the viewer need not be a "Star Trek" fan to follow the story. They will be able to understand the story even if the viewer has not seen any of the previous movies from the popular franchise.
The movie is based around the time of the fifth "Star Trek" TV series. The TV series of the franchise was eventually cancelled in 2005. The main vessel in the TV series has been The Enterprise but this starship may not feature predominantly in this new movie.
The plot of "Star Trek" Horizons will have close ties to the Enterprise, but the story will be mostly a standalone and will not depend excessively on The Enterprise for content. The movie is produced by Tommy Kraft, who says that the TV series has helped him find his way in his filming career.
The main cast of the movie includes Paul Lang as Harrison Hawke, the captain of the star ship NX-04 Discovery, Marc Bowers as Commander Jackson Gates, the first officer of NX-04 Discovery, Ryan A. Webber as Commander Francis Brookes, the chief engineer, Callie Bussell as Lieutenant T'mar, a defector from the Romulan Empire.
Fans who have backed the "Star Trek" Horizon project get some "rewards" from the producers of the movie. Anyone who has donated $10 or more will receive a custom made Admiral rank insignia pin, for reaching the $15,000 threshold of funding. $10 donations that lead up to $20,000 get Romulan Star Empire uniform patch and for the $25,000 goal, fans who have donated $10 or more will receive a 11x17 poster of the movie.
The other benefits to people who have donated include access to download the digital version of the movie for donations over $15, a NX-04 Discovery patch, designed by the producer Tommy Kraft, for donations over $25, official movie sound track on a CD for people who have donated over $35, film DVD signed by filmmaker Tommy Kraft for donations over $50, closing credits with a "thank You" for people donating over $100 and the highest tier of donations is for $1000 and over, people who have donated such a large amount get an executive producer credit in the movie.
'Godzilla' 2014 Movie review: The Return of 'The King of the Monsters' [Read]
'Hunger Games' Mockingjay Photos Revealed: Liam Hemsworth and Jennifer Lawrence Seen in Hoods [Read]
'Game of Thrones' Season 4 Spoilers Episode 7 Preview [Watch Video] [Read]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Rihanna Nude Photos Leaked – The Fappening 2: Second Wave Of Celebrities Nude Pictures Leak on 4chan And Reddit
- 'Castle' Season 7 Spoilers: Stana Katic's Kate Beckett, NYPD To Discover The Real Rick Castle
- 'Under The Dome' Season 2 Finale Spoilers: An Exit Route Appears But Not Everyone Gets Out Alive, 'Under The Dome' Season 3 Update [VIDEO]
- Bruce Jenner Sex Change Reports Resurface As He Shaves His Leg, Behaves Feminine Inside A Coffee Shop
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Sept. 22-26 Spoilers: Updates On Nick And Sharon’s Wedding, Hilary, Neil, Phyllis, Chelsea, Billy And More
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Date is Halloween 2014 as Android L Intro Set for October 16
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Samsung Galaxy S5: Battle of the Samsung Flagship Smartphones
- Moto G 2014 v Asus Zenfone 5 – Specification Comparison Shows Zenfone 5 Is A Good Alternative for Moto G
- Android 5.0 L Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7 Release in October, Google Employees Offer Hint
- Apple iPad Air 2, OS X Yosemite Release Date Set For October, While iPad Mini 3 With Retina Headed For 2015 Release
- Purported Xiaomi Redmi Note Successor Powered With Monstrous Processor Under Wraps, Will Take On Meizu MX4
- U.S and Canada Fighter Jets Chase Out Russian Jets Near Alaska: Air Space Violation Not Confirmed