Meet CBS Team of Eccentric Geniuses, ‘Scorpion’: Everything You Want to Know
By Riza Ornos | May 19, 2014 4:04 PM EST
Part of CBS 2014-2015 lineup for this fall, “Scorpion” is an upcoming cyber drama series inspired by a true to life story of a genius, Walter O’Brien. From executive producer Nick Satora (“Prison Break” and “Vegas”) and Nicholas Wootton (“NYPD Blue”), the new series revolves around an eccentric cyber genius who recruits other geniuses to form a group as the country’s last line of defense against cyber threats.
To fill the void left by “Numbers,” CBS is back once again with a show that features the complicated but interesting world of geniuses. “Game of Thrones” star Elyes Gabel will play as Walter O’Brien, a young savvy braniac who is trying to save the world with the help of his friends who understands the same language.
According to a synopsis posted on Hitfix: “Walter O'Brien ("Game of Thrones's" Elyes Gabel) leads a think tank of young braniacs trying to make the world a better place. But when LAX's mainframe is mysteriously hacked and 56 airborne flights are in danger of crashing like in "Die Hard II: Die Harder," O'Brien and his crew are recruited by a no-nonsense Homeland Security agent ("Die Hard II: Die Harder's" Robert Patrick) to help. They set up shop in a diner, where a waitress (Katharine McPhee) and her secret genius son also pitch in."
To be aired on Monday nights at 9 PM, “Scorpion” also stars Katherine McPhee as Paige Dineen, Robert Patrick as Agent Cabe Gallo, Eddie Kaye Thomas as Toby Vurtis, Jadyn Wong as Happy Quinn and Ari Stidham as Sylvester Dodd.
Born in London, and has lived in Canada, Bristol and Manchester, Gabel played the part of Dothraki “Bloodrider” Rakharo in HBO’s epic fantasy series “Game of Thrones.” His TV work also includes playing the lead character in “Body of Proof” season 3 as Detective Adam Lucas. Film credits include Brad Pitt’s “World War Z,” “Widow Detective,” post-production “Interstellar” and currently filming “A Most Violent War.”
“Scorpion” will join the networks newest series including Tea Leoni’s political drama series “Madam Secretary,” Halle Berry’s “Extant,” Dylan McDermott’s “Stalker” and a new comedy series “The McCarthys.”
Click here for “Scorpion’s” first look.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- 2014 US Open: Hottest Female Tennis Athletes [PHOTOS]
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Boards London Train in Casual Disguise, Royal Couple’s Incognito Plan A Huge Hit [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Celebrities’ Leaked Nude Photos: Master-List Printed, Selena Gomez, Kim Kardashian, Kate Upton, Jennifer Lawrence, Kaley Cuoco, Rihanna, More Names On It
- ‘Batman V Superman: Dawn Of Justice’ First Photo Of Lex Luthor Leaked, Jesse Eisenberg On Villain’s Role And Plot Details Revealed
- Nick Cannon–Mariah Carey Divorce Reports: Nick Dating Younger Woman
- Nude Photos Leaked: Mary Elizabeth Winstead Says Nude Photos Hers, Faces Backlash, Takes Twitter Break
- ‘Bachelor In Paradise’ Spoilers: Find Out Whether AshLee Frazier And Graham Bunn Last Till The End; Meet The New Arrivals Of Episode 6
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 is iPhone Air on Sept 19 Release Date: 5 Things to Consider Before Buying
- Pricey iPhone 6 on Release Date Likely but with 3X Retina Resolution & Mobile Payment Service – Reports
- Nexus 6 Release Date Update: Moto X+1 Look Leaked, Nexus X or Shamu Moved to Demo Phase
- Google Nexus 8 Confirmed as HTC T1 aka Volantis/Flounder with Freshly-Leaked Specs & Features – Reports
- HTC One M8 for Windows Vs. Nokia Lumia Icon, The Battle Of Windows Phones
- Europe, US Next on ISIS’ Hit List, Says Saudi King; Seized ISIS Laptop Reveals Terrifying Bio-Warfare Plans
- iPhone 6 On Release Date To Feature Qualcomm MDM9625M LTE, 1GB RAM, Mobile Payment Deal With AMEX, 1334x750 Display