Meet CBS Team of Eccentric Geniuses, ‘Scorpion’: Everything You Want to Know
By Riza Ornos | May 19, 2014 4:04 PM EST
Part of CBS 2014-2015 lineup for this fall, “Scorpion” is an upcoming cyber drama series inspired by a true to life story of a genius, Walter O’Brien. From executive producer Nick Satora (“Prison Break” and “Vegas”) and Nicholas Wootton (“NYPD Blue”), the new series revolves around an eccentric cyber genius who recruits other geniuses to form a group as the country’s last line of defense against cyber threats.
To fill the void left by “Numbers,” CBS is back once again with a show that features the complicated but interesting world of geniuses. “Game of Thrones” star Elyes Gabel will play as Walter O’Brien, a young savvy braniac who is trying to save the world with the help of his friends who understands the same language.
According to a synopsis posted on Hitfix: “Walter O'Brien ("Game of Thrones's" Elyes Gabel) leads a think tank of young braniacs trying to make the world a better place. But when LAX's mainframe is mysteriously hacked and 56 airborne flights are in danger of crashing like in "Die Hard II: Die Harder," O'Brien and his crew are recruited by a no-nonsense Homeland Security agent ("Die Hard II: Die Harder's" Robert Patrick) to help. They set up shop in a diner, where a waitress (Katharine McPhee) and her secret genius son also pitch in."
To be aired on Monday nights at 9 PM, “Scorpion” also stars Katherine McPhee as Paige Dineen, Robert Patrick as Agent Cabe Gallo, Eddie Kaye Thomas as Toby Vurtis, Jadyn Wong as Happy Quinn and Ari Stidham as Sylvester Dodd.
Born in London, and has lived in Canada, Bristol and Manchester, Gabel played the part of Dothraki “Bloodrider” Rakharo in HBO’s epic fantasy series “Game of Thrones.” His TV work also includes playing the lead character in “Body of Proof” season 3 as Detective Adam Lucas. Film credits include Brad Pitt’s “World War Z,” “Widow Detective,” post-production “Interstellar” and currently filming “A Most Violent War.”
“Scorpion” will join the networks newest series including Tea Leoni’s political drama series “Madam Secretary,” Halle Berry’s “Extant,” Dylan McDermott’s “Stalker” and a new comedy series “The McCarthys.”
Click here for “Scorpion’s” first look.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘America's Got Talent’ (AGT) Season 9 (2014) Winner: Betting Odds And Judges Predict Who Could Win The Finals
- ‘America’s Got Talent’ (AGT) Season 9 (2014) Finale Performance Episode Recap, Spoilers: 6 Finalists Perform Their Last Acts To Win Finals
- ‘Dancing With The Stars’ (DWTS) Season 19 (2014) Winner Predictions: Fellow Contestants And Betting Odds Predict Who Could Win Mirror Ball Trophy
- ‘The Big Bang Theory’ Season 8 Spoilers: Nine Moments From Episode 1, The Locomotion Interruption
- ‘The Bachelor Australia’ Season 2 Preview: Sam’s Fairy Tale Date, Belly Dancing Time, Who Exits
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- Why Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Not The Best Smartphone To Purchase Now? If You Still Want To, Wait For A Month To Get It Cheap
- Apple iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 3 October Release Date Roundup: Freshly Leaked Protective Case Debuts Unique Vent Alongside Camera
- Ukraine Crisis: Poland Denies Supplying Weapons To Kiev
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Countdown Begins Oct 8: 8 Killer Specs and Features to Expect
- Canadian IS Jihadist Who Wants to ‘Play Soccer’ with Heads of US Decapitated Soldiers