Victoria Azarenka Out of 2014 French Open
By James Patrick Quizon | May 19, 2014 2:49 PM EST
Foot problems have caused Victoria Azarenka much of the WTA season. Now it would cost her an appearance at Roland Garross for the 2014 French Open
Hi Guys - Unfortunately I will not be able to compete in Roland Garros this year. Working hard on my recovery & getting back on the court.
— victoria azarenka (@vika7) May 19, 2014
I just want to thank you all for your support. It means a lot to me. Be in touch soon! Love -V — victoria azarenka (@vika7) May 19, 2014
Ranked 5th overall in the current WTA rankings, Azarenka is a two-time Australian Open champion winning in 2013 and 2012. She’s a two-time finalist at the US Open in 2013 and 2012. She reached the semifinals—the farthest she got in the clay court grand slam—in the 2013 French Open.
The foot injury was a problem in Australia as she lost in the quarterfinals and was denied of the rare “three-peat” in Melbourne. She played one tournament after and lost here sole match in March 2014.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Kendall Jenner Rocks Semi-Nude Balmain Lattice Dress At Paris Fashion Week [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Floyd Mayweather Jr. Will Probably Pick Between Amir Khan Or Manny Pacquiao For Next Fight According to Uncle Jeff
- Rafael Nadal Back In Action To Target Novak Djokovic At China Open
- Bruce Jenner Says Lamar Odom Should Follow His Heart If He Wants To Get Back Together With Khloe Kardashian
- Maria Sharapova On Relationship With Grigor Dimitrov: ‘Everything Is Great’; Dimitrov Was Present At Sharapova’s First Round Match In China
- Grigor Dimitrov Turns To Novak Djokovic For Love Advice; Dimitrov and Sharapova At The 2014 China Open
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- Galaxy Note 4 Pre Order Starts in the US, Get Samsung Note Ahead of October 14 Release
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- Australia Cracks Down On International Money Laundering Syndicate