Victoria Azarenka Out of 2014 French Open
By James Patrick Quizon | May 19, 2014 2:49 PM EST
Foot problems have caused Victoria Azarenka much of the WTA season. Now it would cost her an appearance at Roland Garross for the 2014 French Open
Hi Guys - Unfortunately I will not be able to compete in Roland Garros this year. Working hard on my recovery & getting back on the court.
— victoria azarenka (@vika7) May 19, 2014
I just want to thank you all for your support. It means a lot to me. Be in touch soon! Love -V — victoria azarenka (@vika7) May 19, 2014
Ranked 5th overall in the current WTA rankings, Azarenka is a two-time Australian Open champion winning in 2013 and 2012. She’s a two-time finalist at the US Open in 2013 and 2012. She reached the semifinals—the farthest she got in the clay court grand slam—in the 2013 French Open.
The foot injury was a problem in Australia as she lost in the quarterfinals and was denied of the rare “three-peat” in Melbourne. She played one tournament after and lost here sole match in March 2014.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao Has Got Chris Algieri Fight All Figured Out
- New York Knicks Vs. Cleveland Cavaliers Live Streaming Info, Preview And Betting Odds
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
- Los Angeles Lakers Suffer Second Straight Loss, Phoenix Suns Deal Kobe Bryant Another Blowout Defeat, 119-99
- Manny Pacquiao KO Of Chris Algieri Will ‘Shut Up’ Floyd Mayweather Jr. Declares Freddie Roach
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery