Victoria Azarenka Out of 2014 French Open
By James Patrick Quizon | May 19, 2014 2:49 PM EST
Foot problems have caused Victoria Azarenka much of the WTA season. Now it would cost her an appearance at Roland Garross for the 2014 French Open
Hi Guys - Unfortunately I will not be able to compete in Roland Garros this year. Working hard on my recovery & getting back on the court.
— victoria azarenka (@vika7) May 19, 2014
I just want to thank you all for your support. It means a lot to me. Be in touch soon! Love -V — victoria azarenka (@vika7) May 19, 2014
Ranked 5th overall in the current WTA rankings, Azarenka is a two-time Australian Open champion winning in 2013 and 2012. She’s a two-time finalist at the US Open in 2013 and 2012. She reached the semifinals—the farthest she got in the clay court grand slam—in the 2013 French Open.
The foot injury was a problem in Australia as she lost in the quarterfinals and was denied of the rare “three-peat” in Melbourne. She played one tournament after and lost here sole match in March 2014.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Dionesian ‘Hex’: Pacquiao’s Secret Weapon Behind His 8 Titles
- Manny Pacquiao vs. Chris Algieri Betting Odds: American Knockout Of Filipino Pays $10,000 From A $100 Bet
- Chris Algieri Exposed, Criticised For Lack Of Desire To Win Against Manny Pacquiao
- Arum Says Pacquiao's Victory vs Algieri May Cause Mayweather To Say ‘No’ To Dream Match
- Boxing News: Manny Pacquiao 'Ready' To Fight Floyd Mayweather In 2015 Following Algieri Win
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Walmart Offers the Best 2014 Black Friday Deals on iPhone 6, iPad Ai2 & Other Gadgets – Reports
- Update Samsung Galaxy S5 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat, Sprint Release and Installation
- More Nexus 6 Problems Arise with Android 5.0 Lollipop, Poor Benchmark Results and Other Issues
- HTC One M8 Android 5.0 Lollipop Release Delayed: Other Schedule and Installation Guide
- Israel''s Al Aqsa and East Jerusalem Issues Threatening Its Multi Billion Gas Deal With Jordan