LG G3 Key Features Leaked: No Snapdragon ‘805’ Processor; No Metal-Looking ‘Plastic’ Panel
By Pavithra Rathinavel | May 19, 2014 2:40 PM EST
The upcoming LG G3 will be launched by the end of this month, May 27 to be specific. The launch event is scheduled in New York, San Francisco and London, among others. The power-packed device from LG is being positioned as the direct competitor to flagship devices from Samsung, Sony and HTC.
What is New?
According to the credible tipster @evleaks (via BGR), the freshly leaked images give a better look of the handset. The new sensor on the left side of the main camera is a laser auto focus sensor and not a fingerprint scanner.
LG Mobile India reported that the LG G3 will be powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 processor and not the rumored and much powerful Snapdragon 805 CPU. The report further said that the upcoming device will sport a metal case and not the metal-looking plastic case as reported earlier.
The LG G3 will come with a 5.5 inches IPS LCD display with 2,560 x 1,440 pixels screen resolution. The phone will be powered by a quad-core processor (Snapdragon 801 chipset) and is expected to run on Android 4.4.2 KitKat on top of LG's Optimus UI. The handset will house a 3 GB of RAM and 32 GB of internal storage capacity. In addition, the device will support microSD card slot for further expansion.
The G3 will sport a 13 MP Sony Exmor rear-facing camera with optical image stabilization and 2 MP front-facing camera unit. The phone will house a user replaceable 3000 mAh battery unit. The LG G3 has a water resistant exterior and it is confirmed to come in three shades - black, white and gold.
The freshly leaked images can be checked out from BGR. It is worth noting that, the site has couple of images where the LG G3 screen is turned on.
What do you think of the new LG G3 device? Will this handset make an impact even with a Snapdragon 801 processor? Feel free to leave a comment.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Home Depot Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Up To Nov. 29, 2014 Includes Special Buys On Appliances Such As Samsung Refrigerators, Whirlpool Electric Ranges And Hoover Vacuum Cleaners
- Andrew Robb Asks Obama Not to ‘Lecture’ Australia on Climate Change
- Highest Paid NBA Players 2014: NBA Stars Who Earn More Than LeBron James