‘Star Wars’ 7 Star Carrie Fisher Had to Lose 18 Kgs for the Film
By Sachin Trivedi | May 19, 2014 2:34 PM EST
Carrie Fisher will be playing the role of Leia Solo in the upcoming movie "Star Wars" 7. She reportedly had to lose over 18 kgs to play the role. She will be paired along with Harrison Ford, who will play the role of her husband Han Solo.
Writer/Director/Producer J.J. Abrams (top center in glasses) conducts a cast reading for "Star Wars: Episode VII" at Pinewood Studios in Buckinghamshire in this publicity photo taken and released to Reuters April 29, 2014. Clockwise from Abrams are Harrison Ford, Daisy Ridley, Carrie Fisher, Peter Mayhew, Producer Bryan Burk, Lucasfilm President and Producer Kathleen Kennedy, Domhnall Gleeson, Anthony Daniels, Mark Hamill, Andy Serkis, Oscar Isaac, John Boyega, Adam Driver and writer Lawrence Kasdan. REUTERS/David James/Copyright (c) Lucasfilm Ltd. & TM. All Rights Reserved/The Walt Disney Company/Handout
According to a report by Extra TV, Carrie Fisher's mom Debbie Reynolds said that her daughter is very excited about her role in the upcoming movie and has been on a diet ever since she got that role. She has reportedly lost over 18 kgs for the movie.
She last played the role of Leia Solo in "Star Wars" Return of the Jedi, released in 1983. The character in the movie is the twin sister of Luke Skywalker and will now appear as the wife of Han Solo, a smuggler who later joined The Rebellion against The Empire.
Speculation is rife among the "Star Wars" fans about the plot of the movie. The original series saw the end of perhaps the last Sith Lord, thus bringing "balance to The Force." Many are now wondering how evil will make a comeback in the new movie.
It is being speculated that Han and Leia's son may be the new face of evil. The plot of the movie is expected to revolve around him being seduced by The Dark side of the Force and the rest of the movie is expected to focus on attempts by Han and Leia to rescue their son.
The cast of "Star Wars" 7 includes Mark Hamill as Luke Skywalker, Harrison Ford as Han Solo, Carrie Fisher as Leia Solo, Domhnall Gleeson, Andy Serkis, Adam Driver, Oscar Isaac, Daisy Ridley, John Boyega, Max Von Sydow, Peter Mayhew as Chewbacca, Kenny Baker as R2-D2, Anthony Daniels as C-3PO.
Perhaps the only two characters that have appeared in all of the "Star Wars" movies so far are the droids R2-D2 and C-3PO. The droids are mostly used as comic relief but R2-D2 plays an important supporting role the protagonist in the movie and provides valuable help at critical junctures in the movie.
"Star Wars" 7 will be released on 18 December 2015 in Australia, Canada, France, UK, Japan, Netherlands, New Zealand, Sweden, Turkey and in the U.S. Release date information in other countries is still awaited.
'Godzilla' 2014 Movie review: The Return of 'The King of the Monsters' [Read]
'Hunger Games' Mockingjay Photos Revealed: Liam Hemsworth and Jennifer Lawrence Seen in Hoods [Read]
'Game of Thrones' Season 4 Spoilers Episode 7 Preview [Watch Video] [Read]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
Join the Conversation
- "Game of Thrones" Season 5 Spoilers -- Arya Stark’s New Costume, Mace Tyrell And Tycho Spotted On The Sets
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Sept. 19, 2014: Hope Needs To Decide If She Will Stay With Wyatt Or Go With Liam [WATCH VIDEO]
- The Pirate Bay Founder Peter Sunde’s Freedom: Hollywood People Oppose TPB Founder’s Imprisonment
- 'Dancing With The Stars' (DWTS) Season 19 (2014) Week 2 Spoilers: Things To Expect; Find Out Which Choreographer Is Quitting
- 'Downton Abbey' Spoilers: 'Surprising New Stories' In Season 5, George Clooney's Cameo Appearance
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design
- Google Release Roundup: New Nexus 6, Nexus 8, Android 5.0 L Launch and Killer Features
- Unofficial ‘Samsung Galaxy Alpha’ Can Now Be Purchased For $700 In The US
- Xperia Z, Xperia ZL, Xperia ZR Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Update: Pangu Devs Will Outrace Evad3rs in Rollout of iPhone 6, iPad Unlocker
- Canada Consumer Alert: Costco No Longer Accepting American Express Cards Starting Jan 1
- Sony Xperia E3 vs. Moto G (2014) – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown