‘Star Wars’ 7 Star Carrie Fisher Had to Lose 18 Kgs for the Film
By Sachin Trivedi | May 19, 2014 2:34 PM EST
Carrie Fisher will be playing the role of Leia Solo in the upcoming movie "Star Wars" 7. She reportedly had to lose over 18 kgs to play the role. She will be paired along with Harrison Ford, who will play the role of her husband Han Solo.
Writer/Director/Producer J.J. Abrams (top center in glasses) conducts a cast reading for "Star Wars: Episode VII" at Pinewood Studios in Buckinghamshire in this publicity photo taken and released to Reuters April 29, 2014. Clockwise from Abrams are Harrison Ford, Daisy Ridley, Carrie Fisher, Peter Mayhew, Producer Bryan Burk, Lucasfilm President and Producer Kathleen Kennedy, Domhnall Gleeson, Anthony Daniels, Mark Hamill, Andy Serkis, Oscar Isaac, John Boyega, Adam Driver and writer Lawrence Kasdan. REUTERS/David James/Copyright (c) Lucasfilm Ltd. & TM. All Rights Reserved/The Walt Disney Company/Handout
According to a report by Extra TV, Carrie Fisher's mom Debbie Reynolds said that her daughter is very excited about her role in the upcoming movie and has been on a diet ever since she got that role. She has reportedly lost over 18 kgs for the movie.
She last played the role of Leia Solo in "Star Wars" Return of the Jedi, released in 1983. The character in the movie is the twin sister of Luke Skywalker and will now appear as the wife of Han Solo, a smuggler who later joined The Rebellion against The Empire.
Speculation is rife among the "Star Wars" fans about the plot of the movie. The original series saw the end of perhaps the last Sith Lord, thus bringing "balance to The Force." Many are now wondering how evil will make a comeback in the new movie.
It is being speculated that Han and Leia's son may be the new face of evil. The plot of the movie is expected to revolve around him being seduced by The Dark side of the Force and the rest of the movie is expected to focus on attempts by Han and Leia to rescue their son.
The cast of "Star Wars" 7 includes Mark Hamill as Luke Skywalker, Harrison Ford as Han Solo, Carrie Fisher as Leia Solo, Domhnall Gleeson, Andy Serkis, Adam Driver, Oscar Isaac, Daisy Ridley, John Boyega, Max Von Sydow, Peter Mayhew as Chewbacca, Kenny Baker as R2-D2, Anthony Daniels as C-3PO.
Perhaps the only two characters that have appeared in all of the "Star Wars" movies so far are the droids R2-D2 and C-3PO. The droids are mostly used as comic relief but R2-D2 plays an important supporting role the protagonist in the movie and provides valuable help at critical junctures in the movie.
"Star Wars" 7 will be released on 18 December 2015 in Australia, Canada, France, UK, Japan, Netherlands, New Zealand, Sweden, Turkey and in the U.S. Release date information in other countries is still awaited.
'Godzilla' 2014 Movie review: The Return of 'The King of the Monsters' [Read]
'Hunger Games' Mockingjay Photos Revealed: Liam Hemsworth and Jennifer Lawrence Seen in Hoods [Read]
'Game of Thrones' Season 4 Spoilers Episode 7 Preview [Watch Video] [Read]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis Meets Sudanese Woman Who Was Spared Death for Apostasy (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Matmo Leaves 32k Customers w/o Electricity in Taiwan, Weakens After Landing in China
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton Will Name Second Child Diana, Camilla Parker-Bowles Not Invited to Prince George’s Birthday - Reports
- Kanye West Abandons Kim Kardashian after 58 Days of Marriage – Reports
- Ian Somerhalder and Nina Dobrev Drama: Heartbroken The Vampire Diaries Actress Reacts to Nikki Reed Dating News—Report
- The Bachelorette Season 10 (2014) Finale, ATFR Spoilers: Things to Know About ‘Surprising, Explosive Ending’ of Andi Dorfman’s Season
- Selena Gomez's Mystery Man Identified as Businessman Tommy Chiabra, Singer Flirts and Shares Same Towel with Him -- Reports
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- HTC Google Nexus 8 Release Date Imminent with New Nexus 7 Deals, Two New Tablets Soon
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- HTC One E8 (Plastic Variant of HTC One M8) with 5-Inch Display, Dual-SIM, 801 Processor and 2 GB RAM to Hit New Markets Soon
- iPhone 6 Release Date in September 26 with Price Details and More Killer Features
- Apple iPad Mini Air: Three Fresh Features on the Smart Tablet to Wait for
- 4.7-Inch iPhone 6 Release Date is Sept 26 after iOS 8 GM Public Debut on Sept 17 – Reports