Samsung Galaxy S5: Zero Lemon Extended Battery Case Adds up Power and Protection to Android Smartphone
By Jenalyn Villamarin | May 19, 2014 1:51 PM EST
The Samsung Galaxy S5 owners can now add up power and protection to the Android smartphone with the Zero Lemon extended battery case. The new extended battery for the Samsung Galaxy S5, which offers 7500 mAh battery capacity, is currently available even though it is not the official extended battery for the latest Samsung smartphone.
According to the GSMArena blog, Zero Lemon released the new bulky case for the Samsung Galaxy S5 and the smartphone accessory is put up for sale on Amazon with $49.99 price. The offer also comes with a warranty of 180 days and a 30-day refund guaranteed.
The extended battery case with a large TPU plastic back covers the sides and the back of the Samsung Galaxy S5 that adds up power and shock absorbing protection at the corners. Click HERE to see images of the Zero Lemon extended battery case on the Samsung Galaxy S5.
The Gotta Be Mobile report noted that the new Zero Lemon battery case also includes indents where volume and power buttons can be pressed, openings for the headphones, IR and microphones as well as access to the camera opening area where owners can place a finger to utilize the heart rate reader integrated in the flash area.
The report further noted that the extended battery case still supports NFC connectivity allowing owners to make payments using S Beam or with Google Wallet. However, the smartphone accessory will not be able to seal to the back of the device making the Samsung Galaxy S5 no longer water-resistant.
For those who wish to maintain the Samsung Galaxy S5 design and its water-resistant feature, it is suggested that the users purchase a spare Samsung Galaxy S5 battery for $30 price at Amazon. The Samsung Galaxy S5 has a 5.1-inch Super AMOLED capacitive touch screen display with 1920 x 1080 pixel resolution, Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection, a 2.5 GHz quad-core Qualcomm MSM8974-AC Snapdragon 801 processor, 2 GB of RAM, Android 4.4.2 KitKat operating system with the latest TouchWiz UI and Adreno 330 GPU.
Additional features and specs include the internal storage capacities of 16 GB or 32 GB that can be expanded up to 128 GB through the available microSD card slot, a 16 MP primary camera, a 2 MP secondary camera capable of dual video call, Wi-Fi connectivity and hotspot, Bluetooth 4.0 with A2DP, NFC, Infrared port, microUSB v3.0, a 2800 mAh Li-Ion battery and the available colour options of the Samsung Galaxy S5 which are Charcoal Black, Copper Gold, Electric Blue and Shimmery White.
More Articles to Read:
Nokia Treasure Tag Mini WS-10: Slimmer Accessory for Nokia Lumia Smartphones to Go on Sale Soon - [READ]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Kendall Jenner Rocks Semi-Nude Balmain Lattice Dress At Paris Fashion Week [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- More ‘FIFA 15’ Issues Found in Companion App And Luis Suarez Ban; A PS4 Physical Disc Bundle Spotted
- Get Invite Codes to Ello the Social Networking Site That Is Viral On the Internet
- ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby And Alpha Sapphire’ Demo Distribution Method For Australia Revealed, More Info Coming
- ‘Assassin’s Creed Unity’ And ‘Rogue’: New Trailer Shows Off Customisation As Rogue PC Version Gets Spotted In UPlay
- 'Super Smash Bros' For Nintendo 3DS XL Can Hamper Gaming Experience Due To More Resistant Circle Pad
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- Galaxy Note 4 Pre Order Starts in the US, Get Samsung Note Ahead of October 14 Release
- $249.99 Motorola Moto 360 Smartwatch's First Promo Out; 'Stone Leather' Replaces 'Gray Leather' - Available In BestBuy [Watch Video]
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- iOS 8 And iOS 8.0.2 Security Flaw Revealed, Anyone Can Easily Bypass Touch ID And Passcode Security Features
- Australia Cracks Down On International Money Laundering Syndicate