Samsung Galaxy S5: Zero Lemon Extended Battery Case Adds up Power and Protection to Android Smartphone
By Jenalyn Villamarin | May 19, 2014 1:51 PM EST
The Samsung Galaxy S5 owners can now add up power and protection to the Android smartphone with the Zero Lemon extended battery case. The new extended battery for the Samsung Galaxy S5, which offers 7500 mAh battery capacity, is currently available even though it is not the official extended battery for the latest Samsung smartphone.
According to the GSMArena blog, Zero Lemon released the new bulky case for the Samsung Galaxy S5 and the smartphone accessory is put up for sale on Amazon with $49.99 price. The offer also comes with a warranty of 180 days and a 30-day refund guaranteed.
The extended battery case with a large TPU plastic back covers the sides and the back of the Samsung Galaxy S5 that adds up power and shock absorbing protection at the corners. Click HERE to see images of the Zero Lemon extended battery case on the Samsung Galaxy S5.
The Gotta Be Mobile report noted that the new Zero Lemon battery case also includes indents where volume and power buttons can be pressed, openings for the headphones, IR and microphones as well as access to the camera opening area where owners can place a finger to utilize the heart rate reader integrated in the flash area.
The report further noted that the extended battery case still supports NFC connectivity allowing owners to make payments using S Beam or with Google Wallet. However, the smartphone accessory will not be able to seal to the back of the device making the Samsung Galaxy S5 no longer water-resistant.
For those who wish to maintain the Samsung Galaxy S5 design and its water-resistant feature, it is suggested that the users purchase a spare Samsung Galaxy S5 battery for $30 price at Amazon. The Samsung Galaxy S5 has a 5.1-inch Super AMOLED capacitive touch screen display with 1920 x 1080 pixel resolution, Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection, a 2.5 GHz quad-core Qualcomm MSM8974-AC Snapdragon 801 processor, 2 GB of RAM, Android 4.4.2 KitKat operating system with the latest TouchWiz UI and Adreno 330 GPU.
Additional features and specs include the internal storage capacities of 16 GB or 32 GB that can be expanded up to 128 GB through the available microSD card slot, a 16 MP primary camera, a 2 MP secondary camera capable of dual video call, Wi-Fi connectivity and hotspot, Bluetooth 4.0 with A2DP, NFC, Infrared port, microUSB v3.0, a 2800 mAh Li-Ion battery and the available colour options of the Samsung Galaxy S5 which are Charcoal Black, Copper Gold, Electric Blue and Shimmery White.
More Articles to Read:
Nokia Treasure Tag Mini WS-10: Slimmer Accessory for Nokia Lumia Smartphones to Go on Sale Soon - [READ]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Manny Pacquiao Vs. Chris Algieri World Tour Kick Off Press Conference In Macau [PHOTOS]
- 2014 US Open Update (Day 4 - Men's Singles): Murray, Djokovic, Raonic and Isner Advance to 3rd Round [PHOTOS]
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
Join the Conversation
- Windows Phone 8.1, Nokia Lumia Cyan Update: All Supported Devices In Various Regions As Of August
- Sony Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide For Xperia Z Devices As Of August 2014
- Sony Xperia M2 Aqua Buyer's Guide: Reasons Why Upgrade From Xperia V Or Xperia ZR
- Nokia Lumia 530: Windows Phone Handset Now On Sale In The UK With £87 Price
- Xbox One VS. PS4 At PAX Prime 2014:18 Games On Sale And A Lineup Of Xbox Games Revealed
- Sept 19 iPhone 6 Release Date Confirmed as Apple Sets Sept 9 iWatch, 2 iPhones Intro - Report
- Hundreds of Men Rape Teen for Three Years
- iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 4.7-Inch Model Scores 65.8% In Screen-To-Size Ratio; A Surprise Entry Scales Top Spot [List Attached]
- Product Recall Alert: Hewlett-Packard Pulls Out 6M Power Cords from US, Canada Over Fire Hazard Concerns, Australia Also Affected
- ISIS Wants $6.6M and Release of Aafia Siddiqui in Exchange of Head of Female US Humanitarian Aid Worker, 1st American Fighting for Jihadis Dead
- Ukraine Ceasefire Looks Remote As Putin Talks Tough At Meeting With Poroshenko
- Google Nexus 6 Release May Be the New Google Nexus X Smartphone as New Details Emerge