‘Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire’ Details and Preorders; ‘Pokemon X and Y’ Online Competitions Revealed
By Gel Galang | May 19, 2014 1:35 PM EST
Nintendo's upcoming new Pokemon game, titled "Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire" has been teased twice already by the company, and it seems that the latest in terms of content would come in June via CoroCoro.
So for now, info hunting about "Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire" has only yielded one possible preorder for the two games, as spotted by Nintendo News. According to the repot, so far, Newegg is already rolling out preorders for the games.
The suggested retail price is put at $39.99, with free shipping, but it seems that no preorder bonuses have been listed as of yet.
"Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire" has so far been quite the buzz despite being a remake of a previous Pokemon game, Ruby and Sapphire. While it has already been confirmed by Nintendo that it will be more than just a remake--one that will make it enjoyable to both old and new fans--it has also been hinted to bring in new changes to the overall battle itself.
Nintendo-Insider reports that Shingeki Morimoto, battle director for the Pokemon games, said that it will bring in a huge change in terms of the way battle goes on for Pokemon.
"I think these games are going to cause another huge change in the world of battling. They will be released in November of this year, so until then you'll still be battling using Pokemon X and Y," said Morimoto as quoted by Nintendo-Insider.
No details about this new battle change have been given, but hopefully, a hint of this would be given in the next CoroCoro update.
"Pokemon X and Y" Gets New Online Competitions
Before getting into the new hype of the "Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire," fans can still play the most out of "Pokemon X and Y" as seven new online competitions have been introduced for the game.
Serebii, the trusted source for anything related to "Pokemon" reports that the 2014 International Challenge May has already begun, with battles and entrants spanning Europe, North American and Australasia. Participants will receive an Enigma Berry this time.
The rules still follow what is dictated by the standard VGC rules. This means that only a Double Battle competition will be accepted, where participants can only make use of Pokemon from the Kalos Pokedex and those caught or hatched from the Kalos region. Mewtwo, Xerneas, Ylveltal and Zygarde are not allowed to be used.
As far as the online competitions are concerned, these have also been announced to run in the west, though the source claims that it has not yet been confirmed if these will run simultaneously or independently with its Japanese counterpart.
The remaining battles that you can take part in include are listed as follows:
June 6-8: Think Fast Competition: Single Battle.
Late June: 2014 International Challenge June.
July: Eevee Friendly Match [Name TBD].
July: All Star Battle [Name TBD].
August: Think Fast Competition: Double Battle.
Fall: Fairy-type Cup [Name TBD].
Fall: Halloween Party [Name TBD].
Read more related news here:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- Top 5 Richest Tennis Athletes
Join the Conversation
- 'No Man's Sky' For PlayStation 4: The Sun Will Burn Out But The Game Will Go On (Watch Trailer)
- ‘Minecraft Xbox One Edition’ Updates And A ‘Doctor Who’ DLC Coming
- ‘GTA 5 Online’ 1.17 Update May Feature Hydra and Army DLC As New Verified Jobs Emerge
- Android 5.0 L Update Forecast For Sony Xperia Z Series, Mid-Range and Low-Cost Devices
- 'Dragon Age Inquisition' Dragon Age Keep Save Import and Multiplayer Mode Explained
- Sept 19 iPhone 6 Release Date Firms Up as iWatch Rollout Delayed to Jan 2015 – Reports
- Apple iWatch is iPhone 6 Accessory on Sept 19 Release Date: 6 Confirmed Specs & Features
- Canada Vs Russia War Erupts Via Twitter on Russia-Not Russia Maps
- James Foley Torture Involves CIA Waterboarding Technique
- Malaysia Airlines to Axe 4,000 Employees, Including CEO; Suspends Trading of Shares
- West Looks Divided in Tackling Russian Invasion In Ukraine
- North Korea Banker Who Manages Money of Kim Jong-un Defects to Russia With $5 Million