‘Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire’ Details and Preorders; ‘Pokemon X and Y’ Online Competitions Revealed
By Gel Galang | May 19, 2014 1:35 PM EST
Nintendo's upcoming new Pokemon game, titled "Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire" has been teased twice already by the company, and it seems that the latest in terms of content would come in June via CoroCoro.
So for now, info hunting about "Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire" has only yielded one possible preorder for the two games, as spotted by Nintendo News. According to the repot, so far, Newegg is already rolling out preorders for the games.
The suggested retail price is put at $39.99, with free shipping, but it seems that no preorder bonuses have been listed as of yet.
"Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire" has so far been quite the buzz despite being a remake of a previous Pokemon game, Ruby and Sapphire. While it has already been confirmed by Nintendo that it will be more than just a remake--one that will make it enjoyable to both old and new fans--it has also been hinted to bring in new changes to the overall battle itself.
Nintendo-Insider reports that Shingeki Morimoto, battle director for the Pokemon games, said that it will bring in a huge change in terms of the way battle goes on for Pokemon.
"I think these games are going to cause another huge change in the world of battling. They will be released in November of this year, so until then you'll still be battling using Pokemon X and Y," said Morimoto as quoted by Nintendo-Insider.
No details about this new battle change have been given, but hopefully, a hint of this would be given in the next CoroCoro update.
"Pokemon X and Y" Gets New Online Competitions
Before getting into the new hype of the "Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire," fans can still play the most out of "Pokemon X and Y" as seven new online competitions have been introduced for the game.
Serebii, the trusted source for anything related to "Pokemon" reports that the 2014 International Challenge May has already begun, with battles and entrants spanning Europe, North American and Australasia. Participants will receive an Enigma Berry this time.
The rules still follow what is dictated by the standard VGC rules. This means that only a Double Battle competition will be accepted, where participants can only make use of Pokemon from the Kalos Pokedex and those caught or hatched from the Kalos region. Mewtwo, Xerneas, Ylveltal and Zygarde are not allowed to be used.
As far as the online competitions are concerned, these have also been announced to run in the west, though the source claims that it has not yet been confirmed if these will run simultaneously or independently with its Japanese counterpart.
The remaining battles that you can take part in include are listed as follows:
June 6-8: Think Fast Competition: Single Battle.
Late June: 2014 International Challenge June.
July: Eevee Friendly Match [Name TBD].
July: All Star Battle [Name TBD].
August: Think Fast Competition: Double Battle.
Fall: Fairy-type Cup [Name TBD].
Fall: Halloween Party [Name TBD].
Read more related news here:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Pope Francis Meets Sudanese Woman Who Was Spared Death for Apostasy (PHOTOS)
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17: King Williem-Alexander, Queen Maxima Hold Solemn Reception Ceremony for Victims
- Jennifer Lawrence & Nicholas Hoult Allegedly Split: Mad Max Actor Cheats with Kristen Stewart & Riley Keough - Reports
- Transfer News: FC Barcelona Shockingly Sign Valencia Defender [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Samsung Galaxy Note 3 N9005 Official Android 4.4.2 KitKat XXUFNF4 Firmware Manual Installation
- PS4 vs. Xbox One Games: The Last of Us Remastered Photo Mode Leaked Shots; Halo: Master Chief Collection Detailed
- The SIMS 4 Official System Requirements Reveal Low Spec Demands; Release Date on September 2
- Dragon Age 3 Inquisition Romance: Cassandra Pentaghast, Dorian, Cullen, Sera, Iron Bull and Josephine Montilyet
- Minecraft 1.8 Snapshot 14w30c Released; Partnership with Lego to Reveal Toys This Fall
- Apple iPhone 6 on Two Confirmed Release Dates, New Parts Leaked Suggesting Bigger iPhone to Come
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs OnePlusOne vs Nexus 5: Mi4 is the ‘Perfect’ Phone
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- Israeli Women Stripping Naked for IDF Soldiers
- HTC One M8 Android 4.4.3 KitKat Update Roll Out, Introducing the HTC One Remix
- Shocking Video of Pedigree Dog Culling in Bali Emerges [Video]
- Sony Xperia Z3 Specs Leaked with More Killer Features Ahead of Samsung Galaxy Note 4, iPhone 6