‘Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire’ Details and Preorders; ‘Pokemon X and Y’ Online Competitions Revealed
By Gel Galang | May 19, 2014 1:35 PM EST
Nintendo's upcoming new Pokemon game, titled "Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire" has been teased twice already by the company, and it seems that the latest in terms of content would come in June via CoroCoro.
So for now, info hunting about "Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire" has only yielded one possible preorder for the two games, as spotted by Nintendo News. According to the repot, so far, Newegg is already rolling out preorders for the games.
The suggested retail price is put at $39.99, with free shipping, but it seems that no preorder bonuses have been listed as of yet.
"Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire" has so far been quite the buzz despite being a remake of a previous Pokemon game, Ruby and Sapphire. While it has already been confirmed by Nintendo that it will be more than just a remake--one that will make it enjoyable to both old and new fans--it has also been hinted to bring in new changes to the overall battle itself.
Nintendo-Insider reports that Shingeki Morimoto, battle director for the Pokemon games, said that it will bring in a huge change in terms of the way battle goes on for Pokemon.
"I think these games are going to cause another huge change in the world of battling. They will be released in November of this year, so until then you'll still be battling using Pokemon X and Y," said Morimoto as quoted by Nintendo-Insider.
No details about this new battle change have been given, but hopefully, a hint of this would be given in the next CoroCoro update.
"Pokemon X and Y" Gets New Online Competitions
Before getting into the new hype of the "Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire," fans can still play the most out of "Pokemon X and Y" as seven new online competitions have been introduced for the game.
Serebii, the trusted source for anything related to "Pokemon" reports that the 2014 International Challenge May has already begun, with battles and entrants spanning Europe, North American and Australasia. Participants will receive an Enigma Berry this time.
The rules still follow what is dictated by the standard VGC rules. This means that only a Double Battle competition will be accepted, where participants can only make use of Pokemon from the Kalos Pokedex and those caught or hatched from the Kalos region. Mewtwo, Xerneas, Ylveltal and Zygarde are not allowed to be used.
As far as the online competitions are concerned, these have also been announced to run in the west, though the source claims that it has not yet been confirmed if these will run simultaneously or independently with its Japanese counterpart.
The remaining battles that you can take part in include are listed as follows:
June 6-8: Think Fast Competition: Single Battle.
Late June: 2014 International Challenge June.
July: Eevee Friendly Match [Name TBD].
July: All Star Battle [Name TBD].
August: Think Fast Competition: Double Battle.
Fall: Fairy-type Cup [Name TBD].
Fall: Halloween Party [Name TBD].
Read more related news here:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge and Note 4 Designer Secrets: Behind The Materials, Edge Screen And S Pen
- 'The Sims 4' Mac Version: Bugs, Missing Elements Players Must Be Prepared Of
- 'Destiny' vs. 'Titanfall': New Legendary Gears Spotted And Update 8 Features Detailed
- How To Play 4K Graphics Quality On 1080p Games With Any Monitor Using NVIDIA Graphics Cards
- PS4 v. Xbox One: More Details For Firmware 2.0 Update, Xbox Screenshot Feature And Paid Xbox Music Emerge
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Shifts Blame On US For Ukraine Crisis, Putin Accuses West of 'Remaking World'
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine