Xbox One Teases ‘Halo 5: Guardians’ and More to Come for E3 2014
By Gel Galang | May 19, 2014 1:27 PM EST
After so many teasers and speculations, Microsoft has finally announced the upcoming Halo game expected for the Xbox One.
Titled "Halo 5: Guardians," this game marks not only the much awaited game that fans have been clamoring for, but also the movement of the franchise onto next-gen territory.
"'Halo 5: Guardians' is a bigger effort than 'Halo 4.' That applies to the content and scope of the game, as well as the technology inw hat's now a brand new and more powerful engine," said Bonnie Ross, general manager over at 343 Industries, to Xbox Wire.
"Certainly there are some core elements carried over from prior games, but we've invested a huge effort in retooling our tech to take full advantage of the Xbox One's hardware and ecosystem to create worlds and experiences worthy of next-gen."
What's more, the developers have touted it to be a very massive and exciting project, as the franchise also extends to other media, including the "Halo" TV series from Steven Spielberg and the digital feature being helmed by Ridley Scott.
Sadly, "Halo 5: Guardians" will not see a debut by 2014, but it is something to look forward to in fall 2015. This doesn't mean that 2014 will miss out on any more news for "Halo 5: Guardians," as the E3 2014 will hold much more information and announcements for Halo fans. Better watch out for the Xbox E3 2014 Media Briefing on June 9 for more.
E3 2014: Even More Than What's Already Known
If the news on "Halo 5: Guardians" is not yet enough, Xbox boss Phil Spencer is ready to dole out more before the E3 2014 comes.
"There are a few things coming prior to E3. Show is getting set so easier to see what we want to talk about prior," said Spencer in a tweet as quoted by DualShockers.
One of these prior announcements most probably include the "Halo 5: Guardians," but there are certainly a lot more in store. One of these includes new partners coming on stage for the Xbox One, some new ideas from Rare for a next game, a new Harmonix game that may still involve the Kinect platform (despite the new unbundling), a teaser for Ubisoft, and more announcements for the "Halo Wars" on Games with Gold.
Read more related news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Full List Of Winners, Miley Cyrus ‘Wrecking Ball’ Bags Video Of The Year [PHOTOS]
- Top 5 Richest Tennis Athletes
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- Kate Middleton First Official Solo Trip: Details For Malta Tour Revealed [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘Dark Souls 2 Crown Of The Old Iron King’ DLC For PlayStation 3, XBox 360 And PC Released On Aug. 26, 2014 [WATCH VIDEO]
- Windows Phone 8.1, Nokia Lumia Cyan Update: All Supported Devices In Various Regions As Of August
- Robin Williams to Be Honoured As A Character In 'World Of Warcraft: Warlords Of Draenor'
- Hypersonic Travel: Can Space Tourism be a Possibility
- Nokia Lumia 530: Windows Phone Handset Now On Sale In The UK With £87 Price
- Why Moto X is Not the Best Smartphone to Purchase Now?
- Nexus 6 Release Date Will Intro Android 5.0 aka Lemon Meringue Pie with Killer Specs & Features
- Hundreds of Men Rape Teen for Three Years
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date Two Weeks to Go Starting at $800 with New Phosphorus HealthKit Chip
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini vs. LG G3 S (aka LG G3 Beat, LG G3 Mini) – Specs, Features And Price Showdown
- iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 4.7-Inch Model Scores 65.8% In Screen-To-Size Ratio; A Surprise Entry Scales Top Spot [List Attached]
- Bill Shorten Calls Tony Abbott 'Ineligible' To Lead Australia; Government Party-Room Leaks On Abbott'sTravel Entitlements