Xbox One Teases ‘Halo 5: Guardians’ and More to Come for E3 2014
By Gel Galang | May 19, 2014 1:27 PM EST
After so many teasers and speculations, Microsoft has finally announced the upcoming Halo game expected for the Xbox One.
Titled "Halo 5: Guardians," this game marks not only the much awaited game that fans have been clamoring for, but also the movement of the franchise onto next-gen territory.
"'Halo 5: Guardians' is a bigger effort than 'Halo 4.' That applies to the content and scope of the game, as well as the technology inw hat's now a brand new and more powerful engine," said Bonnie Ross, general manager over at 343 Industries, to Xbox Wire.
"Certainly there are some core elements carried over from prior games, but we've invested a huge effort in retooling our tech to take full advantage of the Xbox One's hardware and ecosystem to create worlds and experiences worthy of next-gen."
What's more, the developers have touted it to be a very massive and exciting project, as the franchise also extends to other media, including the "Halo" TV series from Steven Spielberg and the digital feature being helmed by Ridley Scott.
Sadly, "Halo 5: Guardians" will not see a debut by 2014, but it is something to look forward to in fall 2015. This doesn't mean that 2014 will miss out on any more news for "Halo 5: Guardians," as the E3 2014 will hold much more information and announcements for Halo fans. Better watch out for the Xbox E3 2014 Media Briefing on June 9 for more.
E3 2014: Even More Than What's Already Known
If the news on "Halo 5: Guardians" is not yet enough, Xbox boss Phil Spencer is ready to dole out more before the E3 2014 comes.
"There are a few things coming prior to E3. Show is getting set so easier to see what we want to talk about prior," said Spencer in a tweet as quoted by DualShockers.
One of these prior announcements most probably include the "Halo 5: Guardians," but there are certainly a lot more in store. One of these includes new partners coming on stage for the Xbox One, some new ideas from Rare for a next game, a new Harmonix game that may still involve the Kinect platform (despite the new unbundling), a teaser for Ubisoft, and more announcements for the "Halo Wars" on Games with Gold.
Read more related news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Sony Xperia Z3, Z1, Z1 Compact And Z Ultra Latest Firmware 23.0.A.2.108 And 14.4.A.0.155 Certified
- Android 5.0 Lollipop For Sony Xperia Z Devices Arriving By 2015; Z Ultra GPE Update Confirmed In 2014
- 'World Of Warcraft' ‘The Iron Tide' 6.0.2 Patch Hotfixes Update Including New Resolved Issues Regarding Scenarios, Raids, Classes, Battlegrounds And Arenas
- Sony Xperia Z3 Launched In Japan Has 32 GB Storage Compared To 16 GB International Model
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge and Note 4 Designer Secrets: Behind The Materials, Edge Screen And S Pen
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Android Lollipop 5.0 Confirmed for Nov 3 Rollout as Nexus 6 Global Release Date is Delayed – Reports