Xbox One Teases ‘Halo 5: Guardians’ and More to Come for E3 2014
By Gel Galang | May 19, 2014 1:27 PM EST
After so many teasers and speculations, Microsoft has finally announced the upcoming Halo game expected for the Xbox One.
Titled "Halo 5: Guardians," this game marks not only the much awaited game that fans have been clamoring for, but also the movement of the franchise onto next-gen territory.
"'Halo 5: Guardians' is a bigger effort than 'Halo 4.' That applies to the content and scope of the game, as well as the technology inw hat's now a brand new and more powerful engine," said Bonnie Ross, general manager over at 343 Industries, to Xbox Wire.
"Certainly there are some core elements carried over from prior games, but we've invested a huge effort in retooling our tech to take full advantage of the Xbox One's hardware and ecosystem to create worlds and experiences worthy of next-gen."
What's more, the developers have touted it to be a very massive and exciting project, as the franchise also extends to other media, including the "Halo" TV series from Steven Spielberg and the digital feature being helmed by Ridley Scott.
Sadly, "Halo 5: Guardians" will not see a debut by 2014, but it is something to look forward to in fall 2015. This doesn't mean that 2014 will miss out on any more news for "Halo 5: Guardians," as the E3 2014 will hold much more information and announcements for Halo fans. Better watch out for the Xbox E3 2014 Media Briefing on June 9 for more.
E3 2014: Even More Than What's Already Known
If the news on "Halo 5: Guardians" is not yet enough, Xbox boss Phil Spencer is ready to dole out more before the E3 2014 comes.
"There are a few things coming prior to E3. Show is getting set so easier to see what we want to talk about prior," said Spencer in a tweet as quoted by DualShockers.
One of these prior announcements most probably include the "Halo 5: Guardians," but there are certainly a lot more in store. One of these includes new partners coming on stage for the Xbox One, some new ideas from Rare for a next game, a new Harmonix game that may still involve the Kinect platform (despite the new unbundling), a teaser for Ubisoft, and more announcements for the "Halo Wars" on Games with Gold.
Read more related news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Sims 4' Official Mac Release: More Features Aside From Pools Expected To Be Included
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 64-Bit Octa-Core CPU Expected On Samsung Galaxy S6 And Sony Xperia Z4
- Motorola Nexus 6 v HTC One M8, One M7: Reasons How New Nexus Can Match HTC Flagship Phones
- Nexus 9 NVIDIA Tegra K1 Beats Nexus 6 Adreno 420, Galaxy Note 4 Mali T-760 In GPU Tests
- Android 5.0 Lollipop SDK Makes Rooting More Difficult And Overriding Impose Serious Risk To Attacks
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop