Xbox One Teases ‘Halo 5: Guardians’ and More to Come for E3 2014
By Gel Galang | May 19, 2014 1:27 PM EST
After so many teasers and speculations, Microsoft has finally announced the upcoming Halo game expected for the Xbox One.
Titled "Halo 5: Guardians," this game marks not only the much awaited game that fans have been clamoring for, but also the movement of the franchise onto next-gen territory.
"'Halo 5: Guardians' is a bigger effort than 'Halo 4.' That applies to the content and scope of the game, as well as the technology inw hat's now a brand new and more powerful engine," said Bonnie Ross, general manager over at 343 Industries, to Xbox Wire.
"Certainly there are some core elements carried over from prior games, but we've invested a huge effort in retooling our tech to take full advantage of the Xbox One's hardware and ecosystem to create worlds and experiences worthy of next-gen."
What's more, the developers have touted it to be a very massive and exciting project, as the franchise also extends to other media, including the "Halo" TV series from Steven Spielberg and the digital feature being helmed by Ridley Scott.
Sadly, "Halo 5: Guardians" will not see a debut by 2014, but it is something to look forward to in fall 2015. This doesn't mean that 2014 will miss out on any more news for "Halo 5: Guardians," as the E3 2014 will hold much more information and announcements for Halo fans. Better watch out for the Xbox E3 2014 Media Briefing on June 9 for more.
E3 2014: Even More Than What's Already Known
If the news on "Halo 5: Guardians" is not yet enough, Xbox boss Phil Spencer is ready to dole out more before the E3 2014 comes.
"There are a few things coming prior to E3. Show is getting set so easier to see what we want to talk about prior," said Spencer in a tweet as quoted by DualShockers.
One of these prior announcements most probably include the "Halo 5: Guardians," but there are certainly a lot more in store. One of these includes new partners coming on stage for the Xbox One, some new ideas from Rare for a next game, a new Harmonix game that may still involve the Kinect platform (despite the new unbundling), a teaser for Ubisoft, and more announcements for the "Halo Wars" on Games with Gold.
Read more related news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Getting Serious With Jennifer Lawrence, Actress Joining Coldplay Tour [PHOTOS]
- 2014 US Open Update (Day 4 - Men's Singles): Murray, Djokovic, Raonic and Isner Advance to 3rd Round [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Xbox’s September Games with Gold Features Halo Reach As Halo 5: Guardians And Master Chief Collection Get Details
- ‘Minecraft Xbox One Edition’ Updates From Devs Plus More On Minecraft On The Xbox Platform
- ‘Assassin’s Creed Unity’ Delayed To November As ‘Rogue’ Gets More Story Details
- ‘GTA 5’ Online Updates Radio For PS4, Xbox One As Rockstar Brings Allies For New Sale
- Sony Xperia Z3 Five Things Unveiled: 2 Metres Water-Resistance, Sprint US, Specifications, LTE Certification, Sports Sensor
- Apple iPhone 6 Actual Release Date after September 9 Confirmed 128GB Variant with New Resolution
- Pricey iPhone 6 on Release Date Likely but with 3X Retina Resolution & Mobile Payment Service – Reports
- Moto G2 Release Roundup: Specs, Pricing, and Release Date Details
- PlayStation 4 Killing Xbox One Costing Microsoft Millions But It's Fine
- Google Nexus 8 Confirmed as HTC T1 aka Volantis/Flounder with Freshly-Leaked Specs & Features – Reports
- Nexus 6 on Release Date Confirmed with Phablet-Size Display as FCC Filing Hints of 5.9-Inch Screen