‘The Giver’ Big Reveals: Producer Nikki Silver Explains Taylor Swift’s Role as Rosemary, and More
By Alyssa Ashley Lucas | May 19, 2014 1:05 PM EST
Right after the trailer of "The Giver" has been released, which shows a glimpse of a brunette Taylor Swift for a second or so, the hype that the media has created for the young artist and the new dystopian movie has been big that producer Nikki Silver reportedly finally takes it to herself to give a statement to the public and make things clear.
Singer Taylor Swift arrives at the Metropolitan Museum of Art Costume Institute Gala Benefit celebrating the opening of "Charles James: Beyond Fashion" in Upper Manhattan, New York May 5, 2014.
This is not to burst anyone's bubble or ruin anyone's excitement, but the same with Swift's exposure in the first trailer released for the movie, it appears that the country singer turned pop superstar's exposure in the new dystopian movie is going to be "very small," according to a Washington Post report.
"It always makes us laugh when people announce 'Jeff Bridges, Meryl Streep - and Taylor Swift,'" producer Nikki Silver joked while at the stage with author Lois Lowry at the Library of Congress on Monday, May 12.
The event was to promote the movie adaptation of the best-selling young adult novel "The Giver," which readers of the novel may know is set in a black and white world where everything appears to be perfect and where a boy named Jonas, played by Brenton Thwaites, is chosen to learn real pain and suffering.
Fans rave about Taylor Swift going from blonde to brunette (click here to see the photo from E! Online) for her role as Rosemary in the movie, but what heightens the excitement is the release of the first photo of Swift on set that can be viewed in an MTV report.
Apparently, the photo of Swift sitting at a piano with Jeff Bridges has the connection on how the songstress has gotten her role in "The Giver." Producer Nikki Silver revealed at the Library of Congress that after seeing Swift play at a concert, there appears to be no doubt that she will be playing the role of Rosemary, written as someone who really plays the piano.
The production team of the upcoming movie has reportedly auditioned actresses to play the part, but it was Taylor Swift that caught the producer's attention and so the songstress was billed for the role.
Various reports conclude that Taylor Swift is now considered to be the most talked about star in the star-studded cast of the new dystopian movie, starring Brenton Thwaites that features stars like Academy Award winners Meryl Streep and Jeff Bridges, Alexander Skarsgard, Katie Holmes, Odeya Rush and more.
"The Giver" hits theatres on Aug 15, 2014.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt Photographed Fighting Before ‘Unbroken’ Sydney Premiere – Report [VIDEO]
- 'NCIS Los Angeles' Season 6 Recap: Episode 9 'Traitor' Aired On Nov. 24, 2014, The Hunt For The ‘NCIS LA’ Mole Is Over [WATCH VIDEOS]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 26 Spoilers: Victoria Finds Who The Father Of Her Child Is And Jack And Phyllis Rekindle Romance
- Kate Middleton Cries As She Listens To A Moving Tale Of A Mother Who Lost Her Infant Daughter
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season7, Episode 12 Spoilers: Thanksgiving Break, SAMCRO Returns In December [VIDEO]
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- '$2,000 For Sex'—Pleads Unlucky-in-Love Guy On OKCupid
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- Target Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Ad Released For Nov. 26, 2014 Includes Deals On Toys, HDTVs And Video Games Such As ‘FIFA 15’ And ‘NHL 15’ For Xbox 360 [WATCH VIDEO]
- Lumia Update Will Come Soon Confirms Microsoft