‘The Giver’ Big Reveals: Producer Nikki Silver Explains Taylor Swift’s Role as Rosemary, and More
By Alyssa Ashley Lucas | May 19, 2014 1:05 PM EST
Right after the trailer of "The Giver" has been released, which shows a glimpse of a brunette Taylor Swift for a second or so, the hype that the media has created for the young artist and the new dystopian movie has been big that producer Nikki Silver reportedly finally takes it to herself to give a statement to the public and make things clear.
Singer Taylor Swift arrives at the Metropolitan Museum of Art Costume Institute Gala Benefit celebrating the opening of "Charles James: Beyond Fashion" in Upper Manhattan, New York May 5, 2014.
This is not to burst anyone's bubble or ruin anyone's excitement, but the same with Swift's exposure in the first trailer released for the movie, it appears that the country singer turned pop superstar's exposure in the new dystopian movie is going to be "very small," according to a Washington Post report.
"It always makes us laugh when people announce 'Jeff Bridges, Meryl Streep - and Taylor Swift,'" producer Nikki Silver joked while at the stage with author Lois Lowry at the Library of Congress on Monday, May 12.
The event was to promote the movie adaptation of the best-selling young adult novel "The Giver," which readers of the novel may know is set in a black and white world where everything appears to be perfect and where a boy named Jonas, played by Brenton Thwaites, is chosen to learn real pain and suffering.
Fans rave about Taylor Swift going from blonde to brunette (click here to see the photo from E! Online) for her role as Rosemary in the movie, but what heightens the excitement is the release of the first photo of Swift on set that can be viewed in an MTV report.
Apparently, the photo of Swift sitting at a piano with Jeff Bridges has the connection on how the songstress has gotten her role in "The Giver." Producer Nikki Silver revealed at the Library of Congress that after seeing Swift play at a concert, there appears to be no doubt that she will be playing the role of Rosemary, written as someone who really plays the piano.
The production team of the upcoming movie has reportedly auditioned actresses to play the part, but it was Taylor Swift that caught the producer's attention and so the songstress was billed for the role.
Various reports conclude that Taylor Swift is now considered to be the most talked about star in the star-studded cast of the new dystopian movie, starring Brenton Thwaites that features stars like Academy Award winners Meryl Streep and Jeff Bridges, Alexander Skarsgard, Katie Holmes, Odeya Rush and more.
"The Giver" hits theatres on Aug 15, 2014.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Winner is Marlisa Punzalan; Dean Ray Finishes as Runner-Up [VIDEOS]
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Housemate Lawson Chooses Cat Over GF, Kisses Cat in Bed [VIDEO]
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7, Episode 7 Spoilers: Gemma’s World Starts To Crumble in ‘Greensleeves’ [VIDEO]
- 'American Horror Story' : Renewed For Season 5, Ryan Murphy Says 'We're Not Doing Space'
- Kristen Stewart ‘Not In Love’ With ‘Equals’ Co-star Nicholas Hoult -- Reports
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage