‘Minecraft PS4 and Xbox One’ Worlds and ‘Halo Mash-up Pack’ Teased
By Gel Galang | May 19, 2014 12:48 PM EST
After some quiet time on their awaited project, the "Minecraft PS4 and Xbox One," developer 4J Studios has teased a string of new screen shots for the two titles.
"Lots of people asking for PS4/Xbox One screenshots--will post some showing the view distance increase we're currently working on," said 4J Studios in response to fan query on their official Twitter account.
Hit the link to see the screenshots, and check out that very noticeable difference, with both screenshots for the "Minecraft PS4 and Xbox One" showcasing more landscapes and foliage in the distance on the map.
As far as numbers go with regard to the increase in world size, 4J Studios said, "We're currently trying out a world size increase of 36 times the area of the Xbox 360/PS4 world."
To see the comparison even better, Eurogamer has created quite a nice GIF of the "Minecraft PS4 and Xbox One" where ou could easily spot the difference and the addition in the two views.
This is in line with what 4J Studios has announced about the next-gen version of "Minecraft," where, even though the worlds are not infinite in size, it has a great degree of addition compared to the previous generation of consoles, possibly in order to take full advantage of the hardware that the PS4 and Xbox One have to offer.
So far, quite a number of things have been teased by 4J Studios on the upcoming "Minecraft" project, including the most recent teaser for the PS Vita version of the game.
"Halo" Mash-up Pack Also Coming
4J Studios has also teased more details and screenshots for the promised "Halo Mash-up Pack" for "Minecraft."
First teased as early as May 7, the "Halo Mash-up Pack" has since then been watched out for by fans of both the "Minecraft" and "Halo" franchise.
"Who's excited for the 'Minecraft Halo Mash-up Pack?' What Halo character do you want to see the most? We might post a picture," teased Halo Waypoint.
That makes two teasers already, with the first one being Master Chief shown wielding a Needler. In any case, the release date for the "Minecraft Halo Mash-up Pack" is yet to be revealed.
The mash-up pack has already been confirmed not just by 4J Studios (by way of their informal teasing, as per usual) but also the Mojang team, developers of Minecraft.
Read more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Everything To Know [PHOTOS]
- British Style Icon Kate Middleton Fashion Talk With Camilla Parker-Bowles Daughter-In-Law [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Android L Rollout Prediction: Nexus 4, Moto X, HTC One, Galaxy Note 3, Galaxy S4, LG G2
- 'Assassin's Creed' Update: 'Unity' And 'Rogue' Not A Multiplayer Player Game, Ubisoft Confirms
- HTC One Mini 2 vs. Nexus 5 Specs And Price Comparison In Australia
- ‘GTA 5 Online’ Weekend Event For San Andreas Flight School Update And A Deals With Gold Offer
- Samsung Galaxy S4 vs. HTC One M8 Specs And Price Comparison In Australia
- James Foley Beheading Video Has Play-Acting Portions – Video Experts Say
- 4.7-Inch, 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 Models Confirmed with Similar Build, Cam Features & 300+ Screen Pixels on Release Date
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date, iPhone 6C or 6L Anticipation: Three Things Should Matter To New Phone Shoppers
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs iPhone 6: Why Forecasts Favor Mi4 as The Next Best Phone Against iPhone 6
- James Foley: More Chilling Information Revealed By Escaped Journalists
- Companies Push Back IPO Plans Due to Mega Alibaba Share Launch
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Release Date Update: 4 Feature Upgrades That Really Matter