‘Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare’ News and GOTY for ‘COD: Modern Warfare Spotted’ for Xbox One, PS4
By Gel Galang | May 19, 2014 11:59 AM EST
E3 2014 has already been decided as a gamers' event, with games on the Xbox One and PS4 taking the spotlight.
Sledgehammer Games, the developer of the "Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare," can't even wait to announce the game at the E3 2014.
"The anticipation of showing off the most ambitious project we've ever worked on is a truly humbling feeling, and we could not be more proud of the amazing work being crafted by the team at Sledgehammer Games," said the developer over the Sledgehammer community forum.
After all, the game has been in development for three years with the studio, with the developers ensuring fans that they have been keeping tabs on the comments and activity of the community to shape the game.
In addition to this Gameranx has gotten a few new details about what they have been working on, and how it's already shaping up as a "Call of Duty" franchise.
According to Activision's Eric Hirshberg, Sledgehammer Games was already in the drawing board with another third-person shooter, but decided to switch over to "Call go Duty: Advanced Warfare" instead. But this move was apparently for the best, with the aim of turning the newest "Call of Duty" game into a top game for the PS4 and Xbox One.
"Call of Duty: Modern Warfare" to Debut on the PS4 and Xbox One?
If reports coming in hold some weight to them, then two more games will be added to the list before the year 2014 even comes to an end.
If new reports are coming in, the "Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare" isn't the only COD game that you can expect this year.
It seems that the "Call of Duty: Modern Warfare" Collection may see a debut on the PS4 and the Xbox One. According to Spawnfirst, this will include the entire "Modern Warfare" trilogy all of which have been remastered. The image from the link above comes from Reddit, so it's safe to say that Activision has not yet announced anything official about the matter.
However, an interesting point here is that the "Call of Duty: Modern Warfare" collection will supposedly run on 1080p and 60FPS for both the Xbox One and PS4. In addition, the poster also states that there will be exclusive content for the "Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare" multiplayer. The latter is the game that Sledgehammer Games is currently working on for the Xbox One and PS4.
This is what was written on the poster from Reddit as spotted by Spawnfirst:
"Remastered campaigns from the Modern Warfare trilogy
New high-definition textures and lighting effects
Revamped sound system and amplified weapon ballistics
Built for the next-generation of consoles.
Rendered in full 1080p at a constant 60 frames per second
Exclusive content for Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare multiplayer"
In addition to this, there was also a date given for the worldwide release on the Xbox One and the PS4, marked on November 25, 2014.
Read more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
Join the Conversation
- Xbox’s September Games with Gold Features Halo Reach As Halo 5: Guardians And Master Chief Collection Get Details
- ‘Minecraft Xbox One Edition’ Updates From Devs Plus More On Minecraft On The Xbox Platform
- ‘Assassin’s Creed Unity’ Delayed To November As ‘Rogue’ Gets More Story Details
- 'World Of Warcraft’ Brings Back The ‘Gaze Of The Black Prince’ Buff From Sept. 2-16, 2014 After ‘Warlords Of Draenor' Patch 6.0.1 Beta Notes Update [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'Dragon Age: Inquisition': Romancing Solas, Morrigan's Human Side And Dragon Age Keep User Interface
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 is iPhone Air on Sept 19 Release Date: 5 Things to Consider Before Buying
- Nexus 6 Release Date Update: Moto X+1 Look Leaked, Nexus X or Shamu Moved to Demo Phase
- HTC One M8 for Windows Vs. Nokia Lumia Icon, The Battle Of Windows Phones