10-Year-Old Girl ‘Raped’ by 8-Year-Old Boy at Elementary School
By Sounak Mukhopadhyay | May 19, 2014 11:56 AM EST
A 10-year-old girl claimed that she was sexually assaulted by two elementary school students.
The incident took place at Edgemere Elementary where the girl complained to her mother that she was "touched" inappropriately by those students. According to the mother of the girl, she was waiting in the pickup line to get her child after school. However, she found her daughter shaking and crying. KFOR reported that the mother was "mortified" to know what happened to her child. "She came out with her knees and hands shaking and crying. I jumped out of the car and asked her what was wrong," the mother said. The child told her mother that the students "touched" her "down there."
The young girl said that it was a young boy and his sister who attacked her when she went to the restroom. According to the mother, the boy "pulled his pants down, pulled her pants down." The daughter said that the sister held her down and the 8-year-old boy "raped" her. The girl was threatened that she would be beaten up if screamed.
Police were called immediately and the family was taken to the hospital to conduct a rape exam. According to the results of the medical tests conducted on the young girl, her injuries were consistent with sexual assault.
The mother, on the other hand, refused to blame it on the children who did it. She blamed the teachers who were supposed to protect the children at school. The Oklahoma City School District said that the Police Department was immediately notified after it came to know about the alleged sexual assault.
In Oklahoma, having sex with a minor - even a consensual one - is considered to be rape. A person is charged with second degree rape when the sexual act involves someone younger than 14 and the defendant who is younger than 18. Consensual sex between people who are 14 or 15 is also considered to be second degree rape. The punishment can be imprisonment up to 15 years.
The other crime is called "lewd or indecent acts" when it involves a child younger than 16. The crime includes sexual touching without penetration between a minor who is younger than 16 and a defendant who is at least three years older than the victim. The punishment for this offense may be imprisonment for several years.
What kind of legal action is taken against children as young as 8 will be interesting to see.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Full List Of Winners, Miley Cyrus ‘Wrecking Ball’ Bags Video Of The Year [PHOTOS]
- Top 5 Richest Tennis Athletes
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- Kate Middleton First Official Solo Trip: Details For Malta Tour Revealed [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Egyptian Feminist Sends a Bold Message to ISIS as she Poses Nude & Bleeds On Islamic State Flag
- Canadian Serial Killer Suspect Confesses And Gives Murder Details
- No Charges Against 9-Year-Old Uzi Girl Who Accidentally Shoots to Death Arizona Gun Instructor (VIDEO)
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Judge Redfoo Hurt After Attacker Threw Glass At Him in Sydney Hotel
- Why Moto X is Not the Best Smartphone to Purchase Now?
- Nexus 6 Release Date Will Intro Android 5.0 aka Lemon Meringue Pie with Killer Specs & Features
- Hundreds of Men Rape Teen for Three Years
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date Two Weeks to Go Starting at $800 with New Phosphorus HealthKit Chip
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini vs. LG G3 S (aka LG G3 Beat, LG G3 Mini) – Specs, Features And Price Showdown
- iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 4.7-Inch Model Scores 65.8% In Screen-To-Size Ratio; A Surprise Entry Scales Top Spot [List Attached]
- Bill Shorten Calls Tony Abbott 'Ineligible' To Lead Australia; Government Party-Room Leaks On Abbott'sTravel Entitlements