10-Year-Old Girl ‘Raped’ by 8-Year-Old Boy at Elementary School
By Sounak Mukhopadhyay | May 19, 2014 11:56 AM EST
A 10-year-old girl claimed that she was sexually assaulted by two elementary school students.
The incident took place at Edgemere Elementary where the girl complained to her mother that she was "touched" inappropriately by those students. According to the mother of the girl, she was waiting in the pickup line to get her child after school. However, she found her daughter shaking and crying. KFOR reported that the mother was "mortified" to know what happened to her child. "She came out with her knees and hands shaking and crying. I jumped out of the car and asked her what was wrong," the mother said. The child told her mother that the students "touched" her "down there."
The young girl said that it was a young boy and his sister who attacked her when she went to the restroom. According to the mother, the boy "pulled his pants down, pulled her pants down." The daughter said that the sister held her down and the 8-year-old boy "raped" her. The girl was threatened that she would be beaten up if screamed.
Police were called immediately and the family was taken to the hospital to conduct a rape exam. According to the results of the medical tests conducted on the young girl, her injuries were consistent with sexual assault.
The mother, on the other hand, refused to blame it on the children who did it. She blamed the teachers who were supposed to protect the children at school. The Oklahoma City School District said that the Police Department was immediately notified after it came to know about the alleged sexual assault.
In Oklahoma, having sex with a minor - even a consensual one - is considered to be rape. A person is charged with second degree rape when the sexual act involves someone younger than 14 and the defendant who is younger than 18. Consensual sex between people who are 14 or 15 is also considered to be second degree rape. The punishment can be imprisonment up to 15 years.
The other crime is called "lewd or indecent acts" when it involves a child younger than 16. The crime includes sexual touching without penetration between a minor who is younger than 16 and a defendant who is at least three years older than the victim. The punishment for this offense may be imprisonment for several years.
What kind of legal action is taken against children as young as 8 will be interesting to see.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
- 2014 US Open: Hottest Male Tennis Players To Watch [PHOTOS]
- What Happens When You Give Up Sex For 12 Months? – Dialogue With Peter Lynagh – Exclusive
- 2014 US Open: Hottest Female Tennis Athletes [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Jennifer Lawrence Nude Photos and Fellatio Video Hacker Could Face 10 Years In Prison
- Scam: Jennifer Lawrence’s Nude Photos Solidarity Campaign Deceives Women Into Snapping Naked Selfies
- Islamic State: Mother of 2nd Beheading Victim Steven Sotloff Appealed To IS Last Week, Jihadist John Is Still The Knife Wielder
- Actor Ryan Corr's Hollywood Career At Risk After He Was Caught With Heroin
- Peru's Biggest Haul Yields 8.5 Tonnes Of Cocaine
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 is iPhone Air on Sept 19 Release Date: 5 Things to Consider Before Buying
- Nexus 6 Release Date Update: Moto X+1 Look Leaked, Nexus X or Shamu Moved to Demo Phase
- HTC One M8 for Windows Vs. Nokia Lumia Icon, The Battle Of Windows Phones
- Leaker of Actresses Nude Photos Accepting PayPal Donations in Exchange For Posting Alleged Sex Video of Jennifer Lawrence, Has Naked Pictures of 100 Hollywood A-Listers
- ISIS Will Target the U.S. Power Grid, Former CIA Says; Could Tap Other Fellow Extremist Groups to Do the Job
- Jennifer Lawrence's Nude Photos Leaked on Find My iPhone, Apple 'Outraged' But Says Systems 'Not Breached'
- Russia Massacres Ukrainian Volunteer Battalions—Surviving Members Alleged