Pamela Anderson Gang-Raped at School, Baywatch Star Reveals at Cannes
By Sounak Mukhopadhyay | May 19, 2014 11:54 AM EST
Pamela Anderson revealed that she had been gang-raped in her teens. The revelation came at the Cannes Film Festival where she talked about not having "an easy childhood."
Anderson spoke about her childhood and said that she had been molested in her childhood. According to her, she was raped when she was only 12. After a few years, she was gang-raped, she said. Anderson was at the Cannes on Friday, May 16, to launch The Pamela Anderson Foundation. The Baywatch actress spoke in front of about 200 guests.
Anderson said that she did not have "an easy childhood." It was her female babysitter who molested her when she was only six. The 46-year-old said that the incident had taken place in spite of the fact that she had "loving parents." Her first "heterosexual experience" was when the older brother of her friend raped her. "He was 25 years old and I was 12," she said, "I went to a friend's boyfriend's house and his older brother decided to teach me backgammon which led into a back massage, which led into rape. My first heterosexual experience." Anderson also said that her first boyfriend in grade 9 thought it would be funny to gang-rape her. He "decided it would be funny to gang-rape me with six friends. I wanted off this earth."
Anderson posted the transcript of her speech on her blog. Her female babysitter sexually molested her during her childhood. The babysitter started molesting her when she was just 6 and went on with the activities until she became 10. Anderson said that she "had a hard time trusting humans." She did not thing the world was a safe place even though her parents tried keeping her safe. Her father was an alcoholic and her mother was a waitress who had two jobs to work for. "Sometimes when you smile, it's not because you're happy. It's because you're strong," she said.
According to Daily Mail, the guests found Anderson to be extremely brave to reveal such things.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers From Nov. 24-28, 2014 Plus Additional Spoilers For Dec. 1, 2014: Thanksgiving In Port Charles
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 24 – 28 Plus Thanksgiving Special Spoilers: Someone Returns, Kelly Finds Out About Engagement And More [Videos]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Spoilers: Rick Grimes’ Group To Capture Cops In Episode 7 – ‘Crossed’
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Crossed’
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Major Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Thoughtful in ‘Crossed’
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- More Nexus 6 Problems Arise with Android 5.0 Lollipop, Poor Benchmark Results and Other Issues
- HTC One M8 Android 5.0 Lollipop Release Delayed: Other Schedule and Installation Guide