Canadian Sisters Separated 47 Years Back Reunited Through Facebook
By Sounak Mukhopadhyay | May 19, 2014 11:50 AM EST
Two Canadian sisters who had been separated nearly half a century back got reunited.
Sandra Barron and Eva Rushton met with each other 47 years after they had been places in separate foster homes in Nova Scotia. Rushton was just two when she saw her sister last time in a court house. Her sister, Barron, was only five that time. It was not possible for little Rushton to understand where her sister had gone until she grew up. Child Services informed her about her sister whose whereabouts were not known at that time.
According to CTV News, Rushton tried looking for her sister for the first time when she became an adult. While she could not find her sister that time, she started looking for Barron again when she was 26. However, she could not have enough information about her long-lost sister as disclosing information was against provincial policies. "I never quite fit into foster care. I always felt alone," Rushton said.
Barron, on the other hand, relocated to Ontario when she was a teenager as she had hoped for reuniting with her biological mother. "Time goes by and before you know it, you're older. A lot of years have gone by," Barron said. Her sister Rushton, meanwhile, resorted to Facebook in search of her sister. She created a Facebook page called "Missing Sister Rushton" in February 2014 and received 13,000 shares in no time. Barron was one of the people whom the page made curious about.
Barron got in touch with Rushton through Facebook and kept contact with her through message or phone-calls. They have also been in touch through the social networking Web site. It was only on Saturday, May 16, when Barron went to Nova Scotia and met her sister whom she had seen years ago. The sisters are apparently looking forward to getting to know each other. "It's like a puzzle and the missing piece is there, and I've got all I need now," Barron said. "It's nice to say you know your family."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Ebola Fears Cause Hysteria In United States And Around The World
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Update: Duchess All Smiles In First Public Appearance, Sickness Seems Over
- Kate Middleton To Give Birth To A 'Cheerful' Baby, Duchess Not Carrying Twins---Report
- Baby Corpses Found in Storage Locker in Canada
- Woman Stuck In Chimney: Genoveva Nunez-Figueroa Arrested For Attempted Break-In After Rescue Team Pulls Stuck Woman Out Of Chimney
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- Meizu MX4 Pro To Arrive In November In Black And White Colours, Features Higher Than QHD Display, Exynos 5430 SoC And 3 GB RAM
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report