2014 Billboard Awards: Red Carpet Arrivals; Best and Worst Dressed
By charmaine corne clutton | May 19, 2014 11:44 AM EST
The 2014 Billboard Music Awards is not only home to abounding talent but also to high fashion. Singers such as Miley Cyrus, Lorde, Carrie Underwood, Iggy Azalea and Miranda Lambert all made sure to arrive in style.
One thing interesting about the 2014 Billboard Music Awards is that "I'm Real" singer Jennifer Lopez will be the first woman to ever receive the Icon Award. JLo currently has 10 albums under her belt. Despite being at the age of 44, Jlo is still a woman who sure knows how to bust some moves in her music videos and performances-ultimately earning her the Icon Award.
Among those who wowed the crowd during their red carpet arrivals include "Timber" chanteuse Kesha. The troubled singer made sure to arrive with such pizzazz in her lacy black gown. Kesha further captivated the crowd with her pink pastel dyed hair --a far cry from her usually flamboyant and flashy ensemble.
"Pretty Little Liars" star Lucy Hale also looked bedazzling in her pink color block dress. The star finished off her look with beautiful ombre locks. "N-Sync" member Lance Bass also arrived with a bang in the 2014 Billboard Music Awards sporting a black suit with a plaid tie. Boy band member Bass also added a little playfulness to his ensemble by finishing off his look with a pair of sneakers.
Emerging teen sensation Austin Mahone did not fail to make teenage girls to swoon once more-the "Mhmm Yeah" singer donned a white suit which he paired with some denim pants for a more 'rugged' look. "Bachelorette" beauty Andi Dorfman also wowed the crowd with her intricately designed dress displaying her finely-toned pins.
"American Idol" winner Jordin Sparks, however, most probably take the cake for this year's 2014 Billboard Music Awards. The "One Step Up at a Time" songstress donned a body-hugging black dress which showcased Sparks' newly trimmed figure.
Vying for the top spot for this year's Billboard Music Awards include artists such as Miley Cyus, Imagine Dragons, Bruno Mars, Katy Perry and Justin Timberlake. Meanwhile, Miley Cyrus' "Wrecking Ball," Lorde's "Royals," Katy Perry's "Roar," and Robin Thicke's "Blurred Lines" are all vying to bring home Billboard's Top Hot 100 Song Award.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- "Game of Thrones" Season 5 Spoilers -- Arya Stark’s New Costume, Mace Tyrell And Tycho Spotted On The Sets
- ‘Mad Men’ Season 7 [Final Season] Update: Jon Hamm Talks About Surprises And Things Looking Up
- Nina Dobrev Moves On From Ian Somerhalder: ‘TVD’ Actress Trying To Reconcile With Ex, ‘DWTS’ Star Derek Hough—Report Suggests
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Sept. 19, 2014: Hope Needs To Decide If She Will Stay With Wyatt Or Go With Liam [WATCH VIDEO]
- ‘Game of Thrones’ Season 5 Casting: Brothel Guard, Military Officer And More
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs. BlackBerry Passport — Specifications, Features, Release Date And Price Showdown
- 3 Signs Apple iPhone 6 Could be in Short Supply Following its Sept 19 Release Date
- Australia Actively Rallying Support For International Coalition Against ISIS
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Update: Pangu Devs Will Outrace Evad3rs in Rollout of iPhone 6, iPad Unlocker
- Micromax Canvas A1 Vs Spice Dream Uno Vs Karbonn Sparkle V: A Choice On Which Android Is The Best