'Vampire Diaries' Season 5, Episode 22 'Home' Recap/Spoilers: Bringing Back the Dead, One Salvatore Brother Did Not Make It from the Other Side
By Jenalyn Villamarin | May 19, 2014 10:24 AM EST
The Other Side is collapsing and the gang of Mystic Falls must quickly find a way to bring everyone back before it disappears in the finale episode of "The Vampire Diaries" Season 5. Each character did their part to save the day but unfortunately, two did not make it and one of them is a Salvatore brother.
Actor Ian Somerhalder arrives at the 2014 People's Choice Awards in Los Angeles, California January 8, 2014.
'Man of Steel 2' News: Actor Jesse Eisenberg to Have Unique Performance for Villain Character Lex Luthor in Batman vs. Superman Film
Spoiler Alert: This feature contains major spoilers on "The Vampire Diaries" Season 5, Episode 22 "Home." Damon (Ian Somerhalder) and Elena (Nina Dobrev) saw Caroline (Candice Accola) crying over Stefan's (Paul Wesley) dead body and Damon swears they will find a way to bring his brother back.
On the Other Side, Stefan was almost sucked into oblivion but a familiar face saved him. It is none other than his old vampire pal Lexi (Arielle Kebbel).
Damon pressures Bonnie (Kat Graham) to find a way that can bring back those who are on the Other Side. Enzo (Michael Malarkey) showed up to say that he found a Traveller who knows the spell but they need a witch to perform it and Bonnie had Liv (Penelope Mitchell) in mind.
Elena and Caroline stopped Liv and Luke's (Chris Brochu) escape trip to ask for help in performing the spell in order to bring Stefan back. When Liv refused to help and stated that they cannot risk it, Caroline snapped Luke's neck and asked Liv if she can still risk it now that her "Wonder Twin" is officially on the Other Side.
Markos (Raffi Barsoumian) had Sheriff Forbes (Marguerite MacIntyre) evacuate the humans in order for the Travellers to take over Mystic Falls. The Travellers' leader showed the sheriff what will happen through Tyler (Michael Trevino) or also known as Julian when he enters the boundary of where the spell that strips magic begins.
Luke passed through Bonnie and then Tyler appeared next. Enzo expressed frustration because the list of people to be brought back from the Other Side is getting long.
Damon discusses his "Project Kaboom" where Jeremy (Steven R McQueen) and Matt (Zach Roerig) will disconnect the gas line and burn up a lot of Travellers gathered in one spot. Enzo finally introduces the Traveller who knows the spell to Bonnie and it is none other than Silas (Paul Wesley) while Lexi and Stefan are on a mission to find Alaric (Matt Davis).
Damon revealed to Elena that he will be the one to trigger the explosion in order for their plan to suceed. Liv prepares to perform the spell but the Other Side continues to collapse and took Silas away when Bonnie chose to save Enzo.
Grams (Jasmine Guy) appeared before Bonnie to warn her that she will not survive from the number of people passing through her and eventually said her goodbye because she found peace. Damon is about to trigger the explosion but Elena jumped in his car to join him in the suicide mission.
Damon drove the car into Mystic Falls causing the explosion that killed the Travellers gathered there including Markos. On the Other Side, Damon reunited with his old pal Alaric and everyone there must move fast to pass through Bonnie in order to come back.
Luke, Enzo and Tyler returned from the dead. Bonnie told Stefan and Lexi that there is not enough time and then Elena showed up informing them that she could not find Damon. When Elena refused to come back without Damon, Bonnie grabbed her.
Stefan and Lexi were waiting for Alaric and Damon before they go back to life but Bonnie started to cough, spit out blood and stumble making Stefan help her. With that, Stefan is back from the dead but he does not sound happy because his brother is not yet there.
As for Lexi, she decided not to come back after fighting off and getting rid of Markos. Damon and Alaric arrived and Bonnie was ready to bring them back. Bonnie grabbed Alaric first but before Damon could get through, Luke stopped Liv from performing the spell in fear that it could kill his sister.
"Well, would you look at that," Damon stated when nothing happened after Bonnie grabbed him. Elena was devastated when she found out that Damon did not make it from the Other Side. "Come back to me," Elena pleaded.
Caroline sat behind Stefan who was feeling awful after losing two people important to him, Lexi and Damon. As for Bonnie, she finally said her goodbye to Jeremy before heading to the Other Side to go down with it because there is no way for her now to come back after she died before graduation.
Bonnie and Damon held hands as the Other Side started to implode. "Think it will hurt?" Bonnie asked and Damon responded "I don't know" before everything turned into a bright white light.
More Articles to Read:
'Vampire Diaries' Season 6 Spoilers: Executive Producer Caroline Dries Teases New Season Brings People Back from Different Places - [READ]
'Vampire Diaries' Season 5 Spoilers: Damon Reacts to Stefan's Death, Threatens Bonnie to Bring His Brother Back in Episode 22 Titled 'Home' [WATCH VIDEO] - [READ]
'Vampire Diaries' Season 5 Spoilers: Enzo and Caroline to Have a Cute Little Moment, What about Stefan? - [READ]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Avengers 2: Capt.America Dances With Peggy Carter, First Love Returns
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Break-Up Furor Ceased: West Gets Turned on by Kim, Puts Rest to Marriage Trouble Reports
- Selena Gomez's Mystery Man Identified as Businessman Tommy Chiabra, Singer Flirts and Shares Same Towel with Him -- Reports
- NCIS Season 12 Spoilers: Fans Fear Cote de Pablo Not Coming Back, Tony DiNozzo Moving On from Ziva David
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Report: Duchess Expecting a Baby Girl, Prince William Wants 3 Kids [PHOTOS]
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales
- Sony Xperia M2 vs. Moto G – Specifications, Features and Price Showdown