Malaysian Airlines Flight 370: The Vanishing Act, the Movie About Missing Jet, Coming Soon
By Vittorio Hernandez | May 19, 2014 9:43 AM EST
The Vanishing Act, a movie by Kamasutra 3D director Rupesh Paul, is one film that relatives of the missing Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 would want to disappear from the face of the earth (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l4rKJaGQbcY).
A man travelling on a stolen passport on the missing Malaysian Airlines flight MH370 was a young Iranian who has no links to terrorists.
The movie, scheduled to premiere at the 2014 Cannes Film Festival in France, is definitely painful because it is about the missing jet that continue to baffle the global aviation industry more than two months since it disappeared with 239 people on board on March 8 and remains unknown until now.
Many people may perceive the movie as exploiting the misery of relatives of the passengers and crew since the poster even entices the viewer that it would tell "the untold story," but Sritama Dutta, the film's associate director, insisted the film is based only on the missing Boeing 777, but the rest is the product of creative minds.
"It has got no similarities," News.com.au quoted Dutta, who explained that because of the many developments surrounding the incident, it would be impractical to craft a story around real-life events.
"We cannot keep up with the true facts, it's changing every day," Dutta said.
Paul showed the movie's teaser trailer, which featured a Malaysian Airlines jet, on Saturday afternoon. Paul said the film is based on a Malaysian journalist's theory of what transpired in the early morning of March 8 after the plane left Kuala Lumpur bound for Beijing. It was short in Mumbai, India, for more than six days.
The movie, which has a budget of $3.5 million, has yet to be short. Filming is expected to be done in the US and India in 30 days with over 200 actors, while the worldwide release is scheduled in September where Paul's erotic movie is currently being screened outside the Cannes competition.
Some people who viewed the trailer reacted negatively to the film in the comments section of YouTube.
ToryadoBull wrote, "The plane has yet to be found and these people are already trying to make money out of it. Ruthless. I wouldn't pay a cent to watch it.
But Lovely Meloman replied that people don't make movies for the viewers to be happy, but to make money. He pointed out that catastrophe movies make a lot of money.
OgWire believes the movie will be made to divert the public's attention from what really happened, although more details have yet to be bared.
Weeks after the tragic air mishap, the producers of the Australian film Deep Water was shelved because of the similarity of its plot to MH370, about a jet that crashes into the ocean while en route to China.
Meanwhile, a book about the incident is also slated to be on bookstores beginning on Monday. Titled Flight MH#70: The Mystery, the book is authored by journalist Nigel Cawthorne. A second book is also on the way, being written by American aviation author Christine Negroni. It is titled Crashed and would be published by Penguin.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Malaysian Airlines Flight 17: Russia Floats Another Ridiculous Conspiracy Theory that MH 370 & 17 Is One Jet Which U.S. Military Arranged to Be Blown Up Over Ukraine
- MH17: Pro-Russian Rebel Confesses Firing on Plane by Mistake
- What May Have Happened to Malaysia Airlines MH17: 5 Strangest Conspiracy Theories; Crash Victim Had Frightening ‘Premonition’
- Refloated Italy Cruise Ship Costa Concordia Embarks Final Voyage, Bids Port of Giglio for the Very Last Time (PHOTOS)
- Malaysian Airlines Flight 17: Russians Feel Glut Over Steady Diet of Conspiracy Theories on Downed Jet
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales
- Sony Xperia M2 vs. Moto G – Specifications, Features and Price Showdown