'The Good Wife' Season 5, Episode 22: Finale Spoilers, 'Power' for Alicia Florrick, 'Weird Year' Ends [Watch Promo Video]
By Arlene Paredes | May 19, 2014 6:07 AM EST
"The Good Wife" Season 5, Episode 22, titled "A Weird Year," airs on CBS on May 18. Toward the end of this Season 5 finale, Alicia Florrick (Julianna Margulies) will be in a "different place," ready for power in Season 6.
Actress Julianna Margulies poses as she arrives at the 69th annual Golden Globe Awards in Beverly Hills, California January 15, 2012. REUTERS/Mario Anzuoni
Spoiler alert: This feature contains spoilers on The Good Wife Season 5. Episode 22, the fifth season finale, is expected to carry some surprises, if not cliffhangers.
Will Gardner (Josh Charles) is gone, Finn Polmar (Matthew Goode) is in. Gov. Peter Florrick (Chris Noth) may or may not have a new competition. Toward the end of The Good Wife Season 5, Episode 21, Peter seems to be entertaining another bad idea. The finale is expected to show what happens next to Peter and Alicia.
"Eli [Alan Cumming] poses a very interesting question and it gives us a great springboard for [The Good Wife Season 6] that will bring politics back in the foreground," Julianna Margulies told E! Online, teasing the story in this week's finale episode.
Gold's significant question in The Good Wife Season 5 finale is likely to be politics-related. This "puts Alicia in a very different place and I think now she's looking for power," said Margulies. The idea that Alicia herself will consider a public office seat opens a lot of new doors for the character.
"I walk out of the firm and meet Kalinda on the street," Christine Baranski told E! Online. Her finale teaser is related to something "shocking" for Baranski's Diane Lockhart. "It's not as shocking in the way it was shocking to walk in the emergency room and see Will's body," Baranski explained, hinting there is a "new Diane" in the horizon.
"I wouldn't call it a cliffhanger in a true sense," The Good Wife co-creator Robert King told Los Angeles Times. "This is more like suggesting a new chapter," King added. This should be enough to convince fans The Good Wife Season 6 will see characters in their respective next-stage.
"[The Good Wife] Season 5 ends with Alicia and Cary [Agos] learning about a threat to the firm when an open feed from a camera is left on following a teleconferenced deposition with Lockhart/Gardner. Meanwhile, Louis Canning vies for a larger role at LG; and Alicia entrusts plans for Zach's high-school graduation party to Jackie and Veronica," TV.com reported.
WATCH: The Good Wife Season 5, Episode 22 ('A Weird Year') | CBS on YouTube
Aside from Alicia, Peter, Eli and Diane, Kalinda (Archie Panjabi), Cary (Matt Czuchry), Louis Canning (Michael J. Fox), Jackie (Mary Beth Peil), and Veronica (Stockard Channing) are all expected to make The Good Wife Season 5, Episode 22 a memorable one.
More TV Guide and Spoiler Features
'The Good Wife' Season 5, Episode 17, 'Material World' Spoilers: Josh Charles Reveals Reasons for [SPOILERS]; Firms Merging into Season 6? [Watch Promo Video]
'Game of Thrones' Season 4 Spoilers: Tyrion, Arya, Daenerys, Daario, Sansa, Littlefinger, and Jon Snow in 'Mockingbird' [Watch Promo Video]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- This Is Why Japanese Princess Masako Attended First Palace Banquet After 11 Years
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 30, 2014: Eric Names Rick The New CEO Of Forrester Creations After Finding Out About Ridge And Caroline [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Nov. 3-7, 2014: Hunter Tylo Comes Back To 'B&B' As Dr. Taylor Hamilton Hayes While Changes Are Being Made At Forrester Creations
- 'The Originals' Season 2: Joseph Morgan Talks About Nina Dobrev's Crossover, Julie Plec Reveals Which TVD Character She Wants In Spinoff Series
- Tom Cruise and Lindsay Lohan Not Likely Dating, Despite Reports
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery