NBA Potential Trade: Kevin Love to Golden State Warriors
By James Patrick Quizon | May 19, 2014 5:07 AM EST
Recent reports are stating that Kevin Love has demanded a trade from the Minnesota Timberwolves or at least, is non-committal to his future with the team. The development has been anticipated for years and the end game is here. Should Minnesota risk it all and hope the Love stays with the Timberwolves? Or should they start exploring possible deals now that they can get maximum value off their superstar?
The worst-case scenario is obviously letting him walk for nothing; for the Flip Saunders and the rest of the Minnesota management, trading him now could be the best solution. Here’s one trade proposal they should entertain moving forward.
Golden State Warriors-Minnesota Timberwolves Trade:
David Lee ($13.9M) + Harrison Barnes ($2.92M) + Steve Blake ($4M) for Kevin Love ($14.69M) + Kevin Martin ($6.5M)
The deal makes sense for both teams on a lot of levels. For Minnesota, they’ll stay in the hunt for a playoff spot in the Western Conference in getting two legit stars in exchange for their superstar. For Golden State, they will lose some depth but will add a big name player along with their franchise player in Stephen Curry.
The Timberwolves get Lee and Barnes—two starters to join Ricky Rubio and Nikola Pekovic in the starting line-up, which will be as explosive as before. The Warriors will put Love alongside Andrew Bogut in the frontcourt and they still have Andre Iguodala and Klay Thompson to complete the wing with Curry for a potent starting five.
The Warriors, being a consistent contender the past seasons will also be attractive to Love, who have demanded to be traded to a championship caliber squad. The Warriors are one after his addition and will be noisemakers in the postseason once again.
The Timberwolves reloads and get value off a Love deal. Simply, a win-win situation for both squads.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- In Photos, Typhoon Rammasun Blasts the Philippines
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Jeremy Lin Demands More Playing Time From Lakers Next Season
- $300 Million at Stake for Floyd Mayweather vs. Manny Pacquiao Showdown
- Roger Federer is ‘The Greatest of All Time' - Novak Djokovic’s Coach Boris Becker
- Roger Federer Tops Forbes’ List of Most Financially Valuable Athlete; Maria Sharapova and Li Na Also Make the Cut
- Rafael Nadal’s Retirement Plan Includes Becoming Pro Poker Player; Spaniard To Unveil New Serve at US Open
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Soon Along with 2 More HTC Android Tablets – Reports
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- Sony PlayStation 4 Outsells a Resurgent Xbox One in June
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $369 Likely to Come With 5.0-Inch Display, Snapdragon 801 Processor, 3GB RAM and More