NBA Potential Trade: Kevin Love to Golden State Warriors
By James Patrick Quizon | May 19, 2014 5:07 AM EST
Recent reports are stating that Kevin Love has demanded a trade from the Minnesota Timberwolves or at least, is non-committal to his future with the team. The development has been anticipated for years and the end game is here. Should Minnesota risk it all and hope the Love stays with the Timberwolves? Or should they start exploring possible deals now that they can get maximum value off their superstar?
The worst-case scenario is obviously letting him walk for nothing; for the Flip Saunders and the rest of the Minnesota management, trading him now could be the best solution. Here’s one trade proposal they should entertain moving forward.
Golden State Warriors-Minnesota Timberwolves Trade:
David Lee ($13.9M) + Harrison Barnes ($2.92M) + Steve Blake ($4M) for Kevin Love ($14.69M) + Kevin Martin ($6.5M)
The deal makes sense for both teams on a lot of levels. For Minnesota, they’ll stay in the hunt for a playoff spot in the Western Conference in getting two legit stars in exchange for their superstar. For Golden State, they will lose some depth but will add a big name player along with their franchise player in Stephen Curry.
The Timberwolves get Lee and Barnes—two starters to join Ricky Rubio and Nikola Pekovic in the starting line-up, which will be as explosive as before. The Warriors will put Love alongside Andrew Bogut in the frontcourt and they still have Andre Iguodala and Klay Thompson to complete the wing with Curry for a potent starting five.
The Warriors, being a consistent contender the past seasons will also be attractive to Love, who have demanded to be traded to a championship caliber squad. The Warriors are one after his addition and will be noisemakers in the postseason once again.
The Timberwolves reloads and get value off a Love deal. Simply, a win-win situation for both squads.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- The Pirate Bay Founder Gottfrid Svartholm Clears That Fredrik Neij And Peter Sunde Are Not TPB Founders
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Out There To Save His Two Favourite Ladies In Mid-season Finale
- [In Pictures] Police Fire As Protest Turns Into ‘Riot’ After Grand Jury Decision on Ferguson Shooting
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 8 Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Set To Burn The Place Down in ‘Coda’
Join the Conversation
- Mayweather vs. Pacquiao Purse Split: $100M For American, $60M For Filipino— Report
- ESPN Anchor Skip Bayless Says Floyd Mayweather Jr Will Not Fight Manny Pacquiao Because Undefeated Fighter Is ‘Afraid To Lose’
- Amir Khan Addresses Roach’s Comments That Pacquiao Used To Knock Out The Bolton-Born Boxer During Sparring Sessions
- Chelsea FC: Jose Mourinho Hits Back At Sergio Ramos For Questioning Costa And Fabregas Absence From NT, Says 'He is Not A Doctor'
- Meet Paige VanZant, The Next UFC Sensation In The Women's Division
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Home Depot Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Up To Nov. 29, 2014 Includes Special Buys On Appliances Such As Samsung Refrigerators, Whirlpool Electric Ranges And Hoover Vacuum Cleaners
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- Black Friday Sale 2014 Deals From Amazon On Smartphones, TVs, Headsets And More
- Andrew Robb Asks Obama Not to ‘Lecture’ Australia on Climate Change