NBA Potential Trade: Kevin Love to Golden State Warriors
By James Patrick Quizon | May 19, 2014 5:07 AM EST
Recent reports are stating that Kevin Love has demanded a trade from the Minnesota Timberwolves or at least, is non-committal to his future with the team. The development has been anticipated for years and the end game is here. Should Minnesota risk it all and hope the Love stays with the Timberwolves? Or should they start exploring possible deals now that they can get maximum value off their superstar?
The worst-case scenario is obviously letting him walk for nothing; for the Flip Saunders and the rest of the Minnesota management, trading him now could be the best solution. Here’s one trade proposal they should entertain moving forward.
Golden State Warriors-Minnesota Timberwolves Trade:
David Lee ($13.9M) + Harrison Barnes ($2.92M) + Steve Blake ($4M) for Kevin Love ($14.69M) + Kevin Martin ($6.5M)
The deal makes sense for both teams on a lot of levels. For Minnesota, they’ll stay in the hunt for a playoff spot in the Western Conference in getting two legit stars in exchange for their superstar. For Golden State, they will lose some depth but will add a big name player along with their franchise player in Stephen Curry.
The Timberwolves get Lee and Barnes—two starters to join Ricky Rubio and Nikola Pekovic in the starting line-up, which will be as explosive as before. The Warriors will put Love alongside Andrew Bogut in the frontcourt and they still have Andre Iguodala and Klay Thompson to complete the wing with Curry for a potent starting five.
The Warriors, being a consistent contender the past seasons will also be attractive to Love, who have demanded to be traded to a championship caliber squad. The Warriors are one after his addition and will be noisemakers in the postseason once again.
The Timberwolves reloads and get value off a Love deal. Simply, a win-win situation for both squads.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Fernando Alonso Leaves Ferrari 'For Two Reasons'
- Roger Federer Says He Has Never Seen Rafael Nadal Play So Bad, Wishes That The Spaniard Recuperate Well From Appendicitis
- Manny Pacquiao Has Got Chris Algieri Fight All Figured Out
- Female Boxer Dies In South Africa Following Knockout Blow
- Nick Kyrgios Holds Twitter Q&A, Says Roger Federer Is The Greatest Of All Time And His Favourite Superhero
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Entry Of Peshmerga Fighters From Iraq Boosts The Kobani Battle Against ISIS: Turkey Provides Transit
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Woman Hanged In Iran Talks Abuse In Prison, Left Chilling Message To Family
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight