NBA Potential Trade: Kevin Love to Golden State Warriors
By James Patrick Quizon | May 19, 2014 5:07 AM EST
Recent reports are stating that Kevin Love has demanded a trade from the Minnesota Timberwolves or at least, is non-committal to his future with the team. The development has been anticipated for years and the end game is here. Should Minnesota risk it all and hope the Love stays with the Timberwolves? Or should they start exploring possible deals now that they can get maximum value off their superstar?
The worst-case scenario is obviously letting him walk for nothing; for the Flip Saunders and the rest of the Minnesota management, trading him now could be the best solution. Here’s one trade proposal they should entertain moving forward.
Golden State Warriors-Minnesota Timberwolves Trade:
David Lee ($13.9M) + Harrison Barnes ($2.92M) + Steve Blake ($4M) for Kevin Love ($14.69M) + Kevin Martin ($6.5M)
The deal makes sense for both teams on a lot of levels. For Minnesota, they’ll stay in the hunt for a playoff spot in the Western Conference in getting two legit stars in exchange for their superstar. For Golden State, they will lose some depth but will add a big name player along with their franchise player in Stephen Curry.
The Timberwolves get Lee and Barnes—two starters to join Ricky Rubio and Nikola Pekovic in the starting line-up, which will be as explosive as before. The Warriors will put Love alongside Andrew Bogut in the frontcourt and they still have Andre Iguodala and Klay Thompson to complete the wing with Curry for a potent starting five.
The Warriors, being a consistent contender the past seasons will also be attractive to Love, who have demanded to be traded to a championship caliber squad. The Warriors are one after his addition and will be noisemakers in the postseason once again.
The Timberwolves reloads and get value off a Love deal. Simply, a win-win situation for both squads.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao vs. Chris Algieri Betting Odds: American Knockout Of Filipino Pays $10,000 From A $100 Bet
- 2014 Davis Cup Final: Switzerland Vs. France - Roger Federer Vs. Gael Monfils Live Streaming Info and Preview
- Brooklyn Nets Agree to Grant Andrei Kirilenko Indefinite Leave of Absence
- Freddie Roach Asks Manny Pacquiao Not To Beat Up Algieri Too Badly So Mayweather Will Not Be Scared And Agree To Super Fight
- Chelsea FC Injury Update: Diego Costa Fully Fit Ahead Of West Brom Clash, Says Mourinho
- Walmart Pre-Black Friday 2014 Sale On Nov. 21, 2014 Includes Discounts On The 'NBA 2K15' For PS4 And The 'Skylanders Trap Team’ Starter Kit [WATCH VIDEO]
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- US To Supply Defensive Lethal Weapons To Kiev – A Vey Alarming Signal, Says Russia
- Amazon Black Friday 2014 Deals Start On Nov. 21, 2014 Including Limited-Time Lightning Deals And Deals Of The Day On Clothes, Toys, Jewelry, Watches, Bags, Accessories And Electronics
- Travel Alert: New Delta Air Lines Airbuses Could Be Seen In Australia Soon
- Walmart Canada Feeling The Heat As Grocery War Intensifies
- Travel Alert: Frequent Flyer Tie-Up Between Virgin Australia, South African Airways Enhanced