NBA Potential Trade: Kevin Love to Golden State Warriors
By James Patrick Quizon | May 19, 2014 5:07 AM EST
Recent reports are stating that Kevin Love has demanded a trade from the Minnesota Timberwolves or at least, is non-committal to his future with the team. The development has been anticipated for years and the end game is here. Should Minnesota risk it all and hope the Love stays with the Timberwolves? Or should they start exploring possible deals now that they can get maximum value off their superstar?
The worst-case scenario is obviously letting him walk for nothing; for the Flip Saunders and the rest of the Minnesota management, trading him now could be the best solution. Here’s one trade proposal they should entertain moving forward.
Golden State Warriors-Minnesota Timberwolves Trade:
David Lee ($13.9M) + Harrison Barnes ($2.92M) + Steve Blake ($4M) for Kevin Love ($14.69M) + Kevin Martin ($6.5M)
The deal makes sense for both teams on a lot of levels. For Minnesota, they’ll stay in the hunt for a playoff spot in the Western Conference in getting two legit stars in exchange for their superstar. For Golden State, they will lose some depth but will add a big name player along with their franchise player in Stephen Curry.
The Timberwolves get Lee and Barnes—two starters to join Ricky Rubio and Nikola Pekovic in the starting line-up, which will be as explosive as before. The Warriors will put Love alongside Andrew Bogut in the frontcourt and they still have Andre Iguodala and Klay Thompson to complete the wing with Curry for a potent starting five.
The Warriors, being a consistent contender the past seasons will also be attractive to Love, who have demanded to be traded to a championship caliber squad. The Warriors are one after his addition and will be noisemakers in the postseason once again.
The Timberwolves reloads and get value off a Love deal. Simply, a win-win situation for both squads.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao Begins Training Sans Freddie Roach
- Boxing News 2014: Showtime VP Favours Pacquiao As Mayweather’s Next Ring Opponent; Money May Insists Fight Should Be Over Showtime PPV Only
- Three Reasons Why Brock Lesnar Must Fight The Undertaker At Night Of Champions And Not John Cena [VIDEO]
- Michael Schumacher Rehabilitation Update: F1 Champion In-Home Health Care And Services Consist Of 15 Medical Staff
- Miami Heat Prepare For Life Without LeBron James, To Feature More Of Wade And Bosh In New System
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- iPhone 6 Plus vs Xiaomi Mi4 – The iPhone Killer Certainly Can Battle Well With The New Apple Phablet
- Ukraine Crisis: Poland Denies Supplying Weapons To Kiev
- Why Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Not The Best Smartphone To Purchase Now? If You Still Want To, Wait For A Month To Get It Cheap
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Countdown Begins Oct 8: 8 Killer Specs and Features to Expect
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MF 370: Indonesian Police Chief Claims He Knows What Happened To Missing Jet