NBA Potential Trade: Kevin Love to Chicago Bulls
By James Patrick Quizon | May 19, 2014 4:48 AM EST
Now that Kevin Love has (sort of) demanded a trade from the Minnesota Timberwolves, it’s time to start exploring Love-centric trades that can happen in the very near future. If the Minnesota management led by Flip Saunders knows better they will trade K-Love now that his value is still very high—as he reaches the potential expiring deal, the team will lose leverage. Why not now when teams will look to buy high? Why not get value now and start rebuilding on a life without Love?
The bad news is that only teams with have a bright future will attract Love and agree to a future commitment with that team. The good news is that we’re here to throw suggestions for Saunders for possible trade deals in the near future.
Chicago Bulls-Minnesota Timberwolves Trade:
Carlos Boozer ($15.3M) + Jimmy Butler ($1.1M) + 2014 First Round Pick (From Charlotte) +
2014 First Round Pick (Own) + 2015 First Round Pick (from Sacramento) for Kevin Love ($14.7M) + Corey Brewer ($5M)
At first glance this appears one-sided for Chicago. And obviously there could be other better offers in the market. Then again, this offer by the Bulls is the ultimate “reload” option— three first round picks in the next two drafts could just be the restart the franchise needs. Carlos Boozers is an expiring contract like Love and they clear space there while Jimmy Butler can be a future 2-3 wingman alongside Ricky Rubio. Not much for Timberwolves, but again a nice start after the Love era.
If Minnesota's not sold the Bulls can add the friendly contracts of Kirk Hinrich and/or Mike Dunleavy for the longer deals of Chase Budinger and/or Kevin Martin.
For the Bulls, they lose Butler but will gain Brewer who can be molded into a good defensive player under coach Tom Thibodeau. Getting Love is the main course obviously and pairing him with defensive players like Joakim Noah and Taj Gibson will make their frontcourt very versatile and explosive. Add the return of Derrick Rose and this is an East contender that will battle the Miami Heat and Indiana Pacers for years to come.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal On Roger Federer: ‘He’s A Good Person, A Fantastic Player And A Great Man On Court’
- Jeremy Lin’s Big Break: Steve Nash Out For The Season For The Los Angeles Lakers
- NBA News: Teammate Stresses Jeremy Lin's Importance To The Lakers
- Manny Pacquiao Is Better Than Floyd Mayweather Jr. In Basketball Claims Freddie Roach
- Chelsea FC: Mourinho Hints Cesc Fabregas Could Succeed John Terry As Club Captain
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS