NBA Potential Trade: Kevin Love to Chicago Bulls
By James Patrick Quizon | May 19, 2014 4:48 AM EST
Now that Kevin Love has (sort of) demanded a trade from the Minnesota Timberwolves, it’s time to start exploring Love-centric trades that can happen in the very near future. If the Minnesota management led by Flip Saunders knows better they will trade K-Love now that his value is still very high—as he reaches the potential expiring deal, the team will lose leverage. Why not now when teams will look to buy high? Why not get value now and start rebuilding on a life without Love?
The bad news is that only teams with have a bright future will attract Love and agree to a future commitment with that team. The good news is that we’re here to throw suggestions for Saunders for possible trade deals in the near future.
Chicago Bulls-Minnesota Timberwolves Trade:
Carlos Boozer ($15.3M) + Jimmy Butler ($1.1M) + 2014 First Round Pick (From Charlotte) +
2014 First Round Pick (Own) + 2015 First Round Pick (from Sacramento) for Kevin Love ($14.7M) + Corey Brewer ($5M)
At first glance this appears one-sided for Chicago. And obviously there could be other better offers in the market. Then again, this offer by the Bulls is the ultimate “reload” option— three first round picks in the next two drafts could just be the restart the franchise needs. Carlos Boozers is an expiring contract like Love and they clear space there while Jimmy Butler can be a future 2-3 wingman alongside Ricky Rubio. Not much for Timberwolves, but again a nice start after the Love era.
If Minnesota's not sold the Bulls can add the friendly contracts of Kirk Hinrich and/or Mike Dunleavy for the longer deals of Chase Budinger and/or Kevin Martin.
For the Bulls, they lose Butler but will gain Brewer who can be molded into a good defensive player under coach Tom Thibodeau. Getting Love is the main course obviously and pairing him with defensive players like Joakim Noah and Taj Gibson will make their frontcourt very versatile and explosive. Add the return of Derrick Rose and this is an East contender that will battle the Miami Heat and Indiana Pacers for years to come.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- Roger Federer Not That Good If Different Surfaces Were To Exist – Giles Simon
- Jeremy Lin Should Be Ready to Start for Los Angeles Lakers as Steve Nash Confirms Retirement
- Manchester United Transfer News: Arturo Vidal Leaving Juventus for the Red Devils Gaining Momentum
- Dan Bilzerian Opens Up to Howard Stern, Poker Pro Admits He Once Had Sex with 16 Women in 12 Days
- Ana Ivanovic Posts a Hot Selfie on Instagram after her San Francisco Photo-Shoot
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Alpha Leaks Online: Release Date, Five Features to Wait for New Smart Phone
- Photos of Motorola Moto X+1 Prototype and Specs Leak Online, Release Date, Four Fresh Features Revealed
- Sony Xperia Z3: Release Date, Five Features to Expect from New Android Smart Phone
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date
- Freshly Leaked Apple iPad Air 2 Cases Confirm Touch ID Sensor; Release Date, Limited Specs and Price Listed
- 5 Food Scandals That Shocked The World