NBA Potential Trade: Kevin Love to Chicago Bulls
By James Patrick Quizon | May 19, 2014 4:48 AM EST
Now that Kevin Love has (sort of) demanded a trade from the Minnesota Timberwolves, it’s time to start exploring Love-centric trades that can happen in the very near future. If the Minnesota management led by Flip Saunders knows better they will trade K-Love now that his value is still very high—as he reaches the potential expiring deal, the team will lose leverage. Why not now when teams will look to buy high? Why not get value now and start rebuilding on a life without Love?
The bad news is that only teams with have a bright future will attract Love and agree to a future commitment with that team. The good news is that we’re here to throw suggestions for Saunders for possible trade deals in the near future.
Chicago Bulls-Minnesota Timberwolves Trade:
Carlos Boozer ($15.3M) + Jimmy Butler ($1.1M) + 2014 First Round Pick (From Charlotte) +
2014 First Round Pick (Own) + 2015 First Round Pick (from Sacramento) for Kevin Love ($14.7M) + Corey Brewer ($5M)
At first glance this appears one-sided for Chicago. And obviously there could be other better offers in the market. Then again, this offer by the Bulls is the ultimate “reload” option— three first round picks in the next two drafts could just be the restart the franchise needs. Carlos Boozers is an expiring contract like Love and they clear space there while Jimmy Butler can be a future 2-3 wingman alongside Ricky Rubio. Not much for Timberwolves, but again a nice start after the Love era.
If Minnesota's not sold the Bulls can add the friendly contracts of Kirk Hinrich and/or Mike Dunleavy for the longer deals of Chase Budinger and/or Kevin Martin.
For the Bulls, they lose Butler but will gain Brewer who can be molded into a good defensive player under coach Tom Thibodeau. Getting Love is the main course obviously and pairing him with defensive players like Joakim Noah and Taj Gibson will make their frontcourt very versatile and explosive. Add the return of Derrick Rose and this is an East contender that will battle the Miami Heat and Indiana Pacers for years to come.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao Begins Training Sans Freddie Roach
- Boxing News 2014: Showtime VP Favours Pacquiao As Mayweather’s Next Ring Opponent; Money May Insists Fight Should Be Over Showtime PPV Only
- Three Reasons Why Brock Lesnar Must Fight The Undertaker At Night Of Champions And Not John Cena [VIDEO]
- Michael Schumacher Rehabilitation Update: F1 Champion In-Home Health Care And Services Consist Of 15 Medical Staff
- Miami Heat Prepare For Life Without LeBron James, To Feature More Of Wade And Bosh In New System
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- iPhone 6 Plus vs Xiaomi Mi4 – The iPhone Killer Certainly Can Battle Well With The New Apple Phablet
- Ukraine Crisis: Poland Denies Supplying Weapons To Kiev
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Countdown Begins Oct 8: 8 Killer Specs and Features to Expect
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MF 370: Indonesian Police Chief Claims He Knows What Happened To Missing Jet
- HTC Desire 820 (Octa-Core) vs. Sony Xperia Z3 Compact – Specifications, Features, Release Date And Price Showdown