NBA Potential Trade: Kevin Love to Chicago Bulls
By James Patrick Quizon | May 19, 2014 4:48 AM EST
Now that Kevin Love has (sort of) demanded a trade from the Minnesota Timberwolves, it’s time to start exploring Love-centric trades that can happen in the very near future. If the Minnesota management led by Flip Saunders knows better they will trade K-Love now that his value is still very high—as he reaches the potential expiring deal, the team will lose leverage. Why not now when teams will look to buy high? Why not get value now and start rebuilding on a life without Love?
The bad news is that only teams with have a bright future will attract Love and agree to a future commitment with that team. The good news is that we’re here to throw suggestions for Saunders for possible trade deals in the near future.
Chicago Bulls-Minnesota Timberwolves Trade:
Carlos Boozer ($15.3M) + Jimmy Butler ($1.1M) + 2014 First Round Pick (From Charlotte) +
2014 First Round Pick (Own) + 2015 First Round Pick (from Sacramento) for Kevin Love ($14.7M) + Corey Brewer ($5M)
At first glance this appears one-sided for Chicago. And obviously there could be other better offers in the market. Then again, this offer by the Bulls is the ultimate “reload” option— three first round picks in the next two drafts could just be the restart the franchise needs. Carlos Boozers is an expiring contract like Love and they clear space there while Jimmy Butler can be a future 2-3 wingman alongside Ricky Rubio. Not much for Timberwolves, but again a nice start after the Love era.
If Minnesota's not sold the Bulls can add the friendly contracts of Kirk Hinrich and/or Mike Dunleavy for the longer deals of Chase Budinger and/or Kevin Martin.
For the Bulls, they lose Butler but will gain Brewer who can be molded into a good defensive player under coach Tom Thibodeau. Getting Love is the main course obviously and pairing him with defensive players like Joakim Noah and Taj Gibson will make their frontcourt very versatile and explosive. Add the return of Derrick Rose and this is an East contender that will battle the Miami Heat and Indiana Pacers for years to come.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Melanoma Could Be Caused By Ageing Genes; Best Diet For Anti-Ageing; Celebrities Who Have Aged Gracefully
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal Back In Action To Target Novak Djokovic At China Open
- Bruce Jenner Says Lamar Odom Should Follow His Heart If He Wants To Get Back Together With Khloe Kardashian
- Floyd Mayweather Jr. Will Probably Pick Between Amir Khan Or Manny Pacquiao For Next Fight According to Uncle Jeff
- Maria Sharapova On Relationship With Grigor Dimitrov: ‘Everything Is Great’; Dimitrov Was Present At Sharapova’s First Round Match In China
- Green Bay Packers Vs. Chicago Bears Live Streaming Info And Preview
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- Galaxy Note 4 Pre Order Starts in the US, Get Samsung Note Ahead of October 14 Release
- $249.99 Motorola Moto 360 Smartwatch's First Promo Out; 'Stone Leather' Replaces 'Gray Leather' - Available In BestBuy [Watch Video]
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- iOS 8 And iOS 8.0.2 Security Flaw Revealed, Anyone Can Easily Bypass Touch ID And Passcode Security Features
- Australia Cracks Down On International Money Laundering Syndicate