Finally Love-less in Minnesota? Timberwolves to Explore Kevin Love Trades with Celtics, Lakers, Suns and Warriors
By James Patrick Quizon | May 18, 2014 11:26 PM EST
The Minnesota Timberwolves have finally admitted the unquestionable truth: Kevin Love could leave them in free agency and the franchise have started exploring trades involving the star forward.
The report comes from reliable Yahoo Sports writer Adrian Wojnarowski, who has also stated that Minnesota is looking to tap veteran mentor Sam Mitchell as head coach for the team in the upcoming 2014-2015 NBA season.
“For the first time, Saunders sounds like looking at deals for Love is an option," according to the writer’s source. Wojnarowski mentioned a rival executive as the source of the potential move to put Love in the trading block.
Love has a “player’s option” in his contract to end his stay in Minnesota by 2015 and that option has apparently forced the hand of the Timberwolves think-tank. Year-by-year as Minnesota has failed to make the postseason, the rumours of Love leaving has gone stronger.
With 2014-2015 as the potential final season for Love in Minnesota, the rumour mill on Love leaving could hog the headline the entire season.
According to the same source, the likes of the Boston Celtics, Golden State Warriors, Los Angeles Lakers and Phoenix Suns could be potential trading partners.
Boston and Los Angeles have little to offer player-wise but could have high lottery picks in the upcoming 2014 NBA Draft. Golden State has young guys to offer and Phoenix have picks and capspace.
Meanwhile, Mitchell appears to have the inside track with the Minnesota head coaching gig. Other names rumoured to be in the Timberwolves’ radar are Billy Donovan (Florida), Tom Izzo (Michigan State) and Fred Hoiberg (Iowa State).
Will the hiring of Mitchell, if he is signed by the team, help convince Love to with the Timberwolves? Or will it be Love-less in Minnesota by 2015?
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Dionesian ‘Hex’: Pacquiao’s Secret Weapon Behind His 8 Titles
- Chris Algieri Exposed, Criticised For Lack Of Desire To Win Against Manny Pacquiao
- Arum Says Pacquiao's Victory vs Algieri May Cause Mayweather To Say ‘No’ To Dream Match
- Boxing News: Manny Pacquiao 'Ready' To Fight Floyd Mayweather In 2015 Following Algieri Win
- Brooklyn Nets Agree to Grant Andrei Kirilenko Indefinite Leave of Absence
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Walmart Offers the Best 2014 Black Friday Deals on iPhone 6, iPad Ai2 & Other Gadgets – Reports
- Update Samsung Galaxy S5 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat, Sprint Release and Installation
- More Nexus 6 Problems Arise with Android 5.0 Lollipop, Poor Benchmark Results and Other Issues
- HTC One M8 Android 5.0 Lollipop Release Delayed: Other Schedule and Installation Guide
- Highest Paid NBA Players 2014: NBA Stars Who Earn More Than LeBron James