Finally Love-less in Minnesota? Timberwolves to Explore Kevin Love Trades with Celtics, Lakers, Suns and Warriors
By James Patrick Quizon | May 18, 2014 11:26 PM EST
The Minnesota Timberwolves have finally admitted the unquestionable truth: Kevin Love could leave them in free agency and the franchise have started exploring trades involving the star forward.
The report comes from reliable Yahoo Sports writer Adrian Wojnarowski, who has also stated that Minnesota is looking to tap veteran mentor Sam Mitchell as head coach for the team in the upcoming 2014-2015 NBA season.
“For the first time, Saunders sounds like looking at deals for Love is an option," according to the writer’s source. Wojnarowski mentioned a rival executive as the source of the potential move to put Love in the trading block.
Love has a “player’s option” in his contract to end his stay in Minnesota by 2015 and that option has apparently forced the hand of the Timberwolves think-tank. Year-by-year as Minnesota has failed to make the postseason, the rumours of Love leaving has gone stronger.
With 2014-2015 as the potential final season for Love in Minnesota, the rumour mill on Love leaving could hog the headline the entire season.
According to the same source, the likes of the Boston Celtics, Golden State Warriors, Los Angeles Lakers and Phoenix Suns could be potential trading partners.
Boston and Los Angeles have little to offer player-wise but could have high lottery picks in the upcoming 2014 NBA Draft. Golden State has young guys to offer and Phoenix have picks and capspace.
Meanwhile, Mitchell appears to have the inside track with the Minnesota head coaching gig. Other names rumoured to be in the Timberwolves’ radar are Billy Donovan (Florida), Tom Izzo (Michigan State) and Fred Hoiberg (Iowa State).
Will the hiring of Mitchell, if he is signed by the team, help convince Love to with the Timberwolves? Or will it be Love-less in Minnesota by 2015?
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- $300 Million at Stake for Floyd Mayweather vs. Manny Pacquiao Showdown
- Roger Federer is ‘The Greatest of All Time' - Novak Djokovic’s Coach Boris Becker
- Roger Federer Tops Forbes’ List of Most Financially Valuable Athlete; Maria Sharapova and Li Na Also Make the Cut
- Eugenie Bouchard Fires Warning To Serena Williams; She Wants No.1 Ranking
- Transfer News: Real Madrid Unveil Galactico James Rodriguez [PHOTOS]
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Soon Along with 2 More HTC Android Tablets – Reports
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales