Finally Love-less in Minnesota? Timberwolves to Explore Kevin Love Trades with Celtics, Lakers, Suns and Warriors
By James Patrick Quizon | May 18, 2014 11:26 PM EST
The Minnesota Timberwolves have finally admitted the unquestionable truth: Kevin Love could leave them in free agency and the franchise have started exploring trades involving the star forward.
The report comes from reliable Yahoo Sports writer Adrian Wojnarowski, who has also stated that Minnesota is looking to tap veteran mentor Sam Mitchell as head coach for the team in the upcoming 2014-2015 NBA season.
“For the first time, Saunders sounds like looking at deals for Love is an option," according to the writer’s source. Wojnarowski mentioned a rival executive as the source of the potential move to put Love in the trading block.
Love has a “player’s option” in his contract to end his stay in Minnesota by 2015 and that option has apparently forced the hand of the Timberwolves think-tank. Year-by-year as Minnesota has failed to make the postseason, the rumours of Love leaving has gone stronger.
With 2014-2015 as the potential final season for Love in Minnesota, the rumour mill on Love leaving could hog the headline the entire season.
According to the same source, the likes of the Boston Celtics, Golden State Warriors, Los Angeles Lakers and Phoenix Suns could be potential trading partners.
Boston and Los Angeles have little to offer player-wise but could have high lottery picks in the upcoming 2014 NBA Draft. Golden State has young guys to offer and Phoenix have picks and capspace.
Meanwhile, Mitchell appears to have the inside track with the Minnesota head coaching gig. Other names rumoured to be in the Timberwolves’ radar are Billy Donovan (Florida), Tom Izzo (Michigan State) and Fred Hoiberg (Iowa State).
Will the hiring of Mitchell, if he is signed by the team, help convince Love to with the Timberwolves? Or will it be Love-less in Minnesota by 2015?
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal On Roger Federer: ‘He’s A Good Person, A Fantastic Player And A Great Man On Court’
- Jeremy Lin’s Big Break: Steve Nash Out For The Season For The Los Angeles Lakers
- Manny Pacquiao Is Better Than Floyd Mayweather Jr. In Basketball Claims Freddie Roach
- Chelsea FC: Mourinho Hints Cesc Fabregas Could Succeed John Terry As Club Captain
- Novak Djokovic Receives Peugeot 107 Pedal Car For His Newborn
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS