Finally Love-less in Minnesota? Timberwolves to Explore Kevin Love Trades with Celtics, Lakers, Suns and Warriors
By James Patrick Quizon | May 18, 2014 11:26 PM EST
The Minnesota Timberwolves have finally admitted the unquestionable truth: Kevin Love could leave them in free agency and the franchise have started exploring trades involving the star forward.
The report comes from reliable Yahoo Sports writer Adrian Wojnarowski, who has also stated that Minnesota is looking to tap veteran mentor Sam Mitchell as head coach for the team in the upcoming 2014-2015 NBA season.
“For the first time, Saunders sounds like looking at deals for Love is an option," according to the writer’s source. Wojnarowski mentioned a rival executive as the source of the potential move to put Love in the trading block.
Love has a “player’s option” in his contract to end his stay in Minnesota by 2015 and that option has apparently forced the hand of the Timberwolves think-tank. Year-by-year as Minnesota has failed to make the postseason, the rumours of Love leaving has gone stronger.
With 2014-2015 as the potential final season for Love in Minnesota, the rumour mill on Love leaving could hog the headline the entire season.
According to the same source, the likes of the Boston Celtics, Golden State Warriors, Los Angeles Lakers and Phoenix Suns could be potential trading partners.
Boston and Los Angeles have little to offer player-wise but could have high lottery picks in the upcoming 2014 NBA Draft. Golden State has young guys to offer and Phoenix have picks and capspace.
Meanwhile, Mitchell appears to have the inside track with the Minnesota head coaching gig. Other names rumoured to be in the Timberwolves’ radar are Billy Donovan (Florida), Tom Izzo (Michigan State) and Fred Hoiberg (Iowa State).
Will the hiring of Mitchell, if he is signed by the team, help convince Love to with the Timberwolves? Or will it be Love-less in Minnesota by 2015?
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Dota 2 Match Fixing Controversy: Arrow Gaming Disqualified From Summit 2 Tournament [VIDEO]
- Roger Federer Starts Practicing On Clay For The Davis Cup Final
- Manny Pacquiao Blasted For Arrogance, Playing Basketball Month Before Fight Against Chris Algieri
- Toni Nadal Says Roger Federer Is The Greatest Of All Time
- Ronda Rousey Rejects Idea of Fight Between A Man And A Woman In The UFC
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop