iPhone 6 vs. HTC One (M8): A Closer Look
By Naveena Joy | May 18, 2014 11:02 AM EST
Early rumors regarding the features of iPhone 6 are already available online, but Apple has yet to reveal the handset in August.
Apple has been very careful in its attempts to keep iPhone a secret. But like any other leak, Chinese case makers are moving ahead with a collection of new iPhone 6 designs that match up with these rumors.
Apple's new iPhone 5S is displayed at an Apple shop in Tokyo's Ginza shopping district in this September 20, 2013 file photo. As the smartphone action shifts to the mass market, leaders Samsung Electronics Co Ltd and Apple Inc are under pressure to make their high-end phones more affordable to revive sales. And that may spell trouble for already-softening margins. To match Analysis SAMSUNG-ELEC/SMARTPHONES REUTERS/Yuya Shino/Files
Rumors claimed iPhone 6 is bigger and much thinner than iPhone 5s. Apple delivers an iPhone with a larger display to compete against the Android smartphones which take a hold in the market share for the past two years.
With the growing demand of larger display, Apple decides on launching iPhone 6. It resembles Apple's fifth generation iPod touch. The latest pictures that were leaked by a French blogger, Nowhereelse.fr, revealed it has a 4.7-inch display, thin body style and curved edges that give a very similar look to that of the smartphone, HTC One (M8).
In one of the pictures, it was clearly seen an iPhone 6 with curved edges and thinner design, matching the rumor, volume button redesign and the back looks like it is made of three panels to allow radio communication.
But when compared with HTC One (M8) which features front-facing speakers, iPhone 6 seems shorter and thinner. When it comes to iPhone 5s, iPhone 6 is slightly taller and thinner. The HTC One (M8) measures 146.4 mm x 70.6 mm x 9.4 mm and has a 5-inch display, iPhone 5s measures 123.8 mm x 58.6 mm x7.6 mm and has a 4-inch screen, while iPhone 6 measures 138 mm x 67 mm x 7 mm with obviously a 4.7-inch display.
iPhone 6 as reported has a flat back compared to the HTC One (M8)'s curvy back with both devices having metal cases. There is no information on the waterproof quality, though users are waiting for the iPhone feature.
Inside reports indicated users will get sapphire display cover on the new iPhone that protects the display from scratches, an Apple A8 processor with 1 GB RAM and 8 MP camera that may include larger pixels and some form of image stabilization for better-looking photos. Also, Apple plans to include TouchID on the new phone.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'Destiny' Third Subclass Weapon Upgrades: Super And Grenade Modifications Leaked [Video]
- 'The Sims 4' Official Mac Release: More Features Aside From Pools Expected To Be Included
- Motorola Nexus 6 vs. Sony Xperia Z3: Features On New Nexus To Match Latest Sony Phone
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 64-Bit Octa-Core CPU Expected On Samsung Galaxy S6 And Sony Xperia Z4
- Motorola Nexus 6 v HTC One M8, One M7: Reasons How New Nexus Can Match HTC Flagship Phones
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report