iPhone 6 vs. HTC One (M8): A Closer Look
By Naveena Joy | May 18, 2014 11:02 AM EST
Early rumors regarding the features of iPhone 6 are already available online, but Apple has yet to reveal the handset in August.
Apple has been very careful in its attempts to keep iPhone a secret. But like any other leak, Chinese case makers are moving ahead with a collection of new iPhone 6 designs that match up with these rumors.
Apple's new iPhone 5S is displayed at an Apple shop in Tokyo's Ginza shopping district in this September 20, 2013 file photo. As the smartphone action shifts to the mass market, leaders Samsung Electronics Co Ltd and Apple Inc are under pressure to make their high-end phones more affordable to revive sales. And that may spell trouble for already-softening margins. To match Analysis SAMSUNG-ELEC/SMARTPHONES REUTERS/Yuya Shino/Files
Rumors claimed iPhone 6 is bigger and much thinner than iPhone 5s. Apple delivers an iPhone with a larger display to compete against the Android smartphones which take a hold in the market share for the past two years.
With the growing demand of larger display, Apple decides on launching iPhone 6. It resembles Apple's fifth generation iPod touch. The latest pictures that were leaked by a French blogger, Nowhereelse.fr, revealed it has a 4.7-inch display, thin body style and curved edges that give a very similar look to that of the smartphone, HTC One (M8).
In one of the pictures, it was clearly seen an iPhone 6 with curved edges and thinner design, matching the rumor, volume button redesign and the back looks like it is made of three panels to allow radio communication.
But when compared with HTC One (M8) which features front-facing speakers, iPhone 6 seems shorter and thinner. When it comes to iPhone 5s, iPhone 6 is slightly taller and thinner. The HTC One (M8) measures 146.4 mm x 70.6 mm x 9.4 mm and has a 5-inch display, iPhone 5s measures 123.8 mm x 58.6 mm x7.6 mm and has a 4-inch screen, while iPhone 6 measures 138 mm x 67 mm x 7 mm with obviously a 4.7-inch display.
iPhone 6 as reported has a flat back compared to the HTC One (M8)'s curvy back with both devices having metal cases. There is no information on the waterproof quality, though users are waiting for the iPhone feature.
Inside reports indicated users will get sapphire display cover on the new iPhone that protects the display from scratches, an Apple A8 processor with 1 GB RAM and 8 MP camera that may include larger pixels and some form of image stabilization for better-looking photos. Also, Apple plans to include TouchID on the new phone.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Boards London Train in Casual Disguise, Royal Couple’s Incognito Plan A Huge Hit [PHOTOS]
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt’s Top Secret Wedding Tramps Jennifer Aniston’s ‘Friends’ Reunion & Pregnancy Talks [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Xbox’s September Games with Gold Features Halo Reach As Halo 5: Guardians And Master Chief Collection Get Details
- ‘Minecraft Xbox One Edition’ Updates From Devs Plus More On Minecraft On The Xbox Platform
- ‘Assassin’s Creed Unity’ Delayed To November As ‘Rogue’ Gets More Story Details
- ‘Destiny’ Updates: Devs Talk About Raids and ‘Destiny’ Preorder And Preloading
- ‘GTA 5’ Online Updates Radio For PS4, Xbox One As Rockstar Brings Allies For New Sale
- Pricey iPhone 6 on Release Date Likely but with 3X Retina Resolution & Mobile Payment Service – Reports
- Google Nexus 8 Confirmed as HTC T1 aka Volantis/Flounder with Freshly-Leaked Specs & Features – Reports
- Moto G2 Release Roundup: Specs, Pricing, and Release Date Details
- PlayStation 4 Killing Xbox One Costing Microsoft Millions But It's Fine
- Europe, US Next on ISIS’ Hit List, Says Saudi King; Seized ISIS Laptop Reveals Terrifying Bio-Warfare Plans
- iPhone 6 On Release Date To Feature Qualcomm MDM9625M LTE, 1GB RAM, Mobile Payment Deal With AMEX, 1334x750 Display
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 is iPhone Air on Sept 19 Release Date: 5 Things to Consider Before Buying