iPhone 6 vs. HTC One (M8): A Closer Look
By Naveena Joy | May 18, 2014 11:02 AM EST
Early rumors regarding the features of iPhone 6 are already available online, but Apple has yet to reveal the handset in August.
Apple has been very careful in its attempts to keep iPhone a secret. But like any other leak, Chinese case makers are moving ahead with a collection of new iPhone 6 designs that match up with these rumors.
Apple's new iPhone 5S is displayed at an Apple shop in Tokyo's Ginza shopping district in this September 20, 2013 file photo. As the smartphone action shifts to the mass market, leaders Samsung Electronics Co Ltd and Apple Inc are under pressure to make their high-end phones more affordable to revive sales. And that may spell trouble for already-softening margins. To match Analysis SAMSUNG-ELEC/SMARTPHONES REUTERS/Yuya Shino/Files
Rumors claimed iPhone 6 is bigger and much thinner than iPhone 5s. Apple delivers an iPhone with a larger display to compete against the Android smartphones which take a hold in the market share for the past two years.
With the growing demand of larger display, Apple decides on launching iPhone 6. It resembles Apple's fifth generation iPod touch. The latest pictures that were leaked by a French blogger, Nowhereelse.fr, revealed it has a 4.7-inch display, thin body style and curved edges that give a very similar look to that of the smartphone, HTC One (M8).
In one of the pictures, it was clearly seen an iPhone 6 with curved edges and thinner design, matching the rumor, volume button redesign and the back looks like it is made of three panels to allow radio communication.
But when compared with HTC One (M8) which features front-facing speakers, iPhone 6 seems shorter and thinner. When it comes to iPhone 5s, iPhone 6 is slightly taller and thinner. The HTC One (M8) measures 146.4 mm x 70.6 mm x 9.4 mm and has a 5-inch display, iPhone 5s measures 123.8 mm x 58.6 mm x7.6 mm and has a 4-inch screen, while iPhone 6 measures 138 mm x 67 mm x 7 mm with obviously a 4.7-inch display.
iPhone 6 as reported has a flat back compared to the HTC One (M8)'s curvy back with both devices having metal cases. There is no information on the waterproof quality, though users are waiting for the iPhone feature.
Inside reports indicated users will get sapphire display cover on the new iPhone that protects the display from scratches, an Apple A8 processor with 1 GB RAM and 8 MP camera that may include larger pixels and some form of image stabilization for better-looking photos. Also, Apple plans to include TouchID on the new phone.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘Halo: The Master Chief Collection' Xbox One Fixes And Free Gifts, Bonnie Ross Apologises For Issues
- PS4 vs. Xbox One Black Friday Sale 2014, Cyber Monday Deals: Walmart’s PS4 Bundles And Discounted Games With Gold
- ‘GTA V:' 1.19 Patch, Heists DLC Release With ‘Next Major Update’ Possible—Report
- Nokia Lumia 635: Microsoft Drops AT&T Smartphone's Price For 2014 Black Friday Sale
- Google’s Mobile Search To Lessen Stress Of Black Friday Shopping
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- '$2,000 For Sex'—Pleads Unlucky-in-Love Guy On OKCupid
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments