'Game of Zones' - NBA's Game of Thrones Spoof a Hit [VIDEO]
By James Patrick Quizon | May 17, 2014 5:20 PM EST
Bleacher Report's Game of Thrones spoof with animated NBA players became a hit in just a few hours after its initial posting on Friday evening.
Great timing for the day/time of release as well as no NBA game is schedule as the 2014 NBA Playoffs have a long two-day break before the postseason resumes action for the Conference Finals, Miami Heat vs. Indiana Pacers in the East and the San Antonio Spurs vs. Oklahoma City Thunder in the West.
Take a look at the funny, creative video (credit to Bleacher Report You Tube)
The cast of NBA characters and their Game of Thrones persona in the spoof:
Pat Riley as Tywin Lannister
LeBron James as Jamie Lannister
Chris Bosh as a Dragon
Derrick Rose as Bran (Ha!)
Carlos Boozer as Hodor
Mitch Kupchak as Lord Walder Frey
Lakers Scrubs as Lord Walder Frey's Daughters
Kevin Durant as Jon Snow
Russell Westbrook as Sam
Tony Parker, Tim Duncan and Greg Popovich as White Walkers!
Perfect "casting" all around and great job by BR connecting the NBA players (history and all) to GOT storylines.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao vs. Chris Algieri Betting Odds: American Knockout Of Filipino Pays $10,000 From A $100 Bet
- Dionesian ‘Hex’: Pacquiao’s Secret Weapon Behind His 8 Titles
- Brooklyn Nets Agree to Grant Andrei Kirilenko Indefinite Leave of Absence
- Freddie Roach Asks Manny Pacquiao Not To Beat Up Algieri Too Badly So Mayweather Will Not Be Scared And Agree To Super Fight
- Arum Says Pacquiao's Victory vs Algieri May Cause Mayweather To Say ‘No’ To Dream Match