'Kevin Durant Can't Watch' Memes Emerges as Latest Internet Craze
By Daniel Joseph Cruz | May 16, 2014 11:07 PM EST
The Oklahoma City Thunder pulled through Game 5 in the 2014 NBA playoffs Tuesday night against the L.A. Clippers. While Tuesday night's game was filled with excitement and controversy, the Internet's creative people made a funny meme of Kevin Durant.
May 6, 2014; Oklahoma City, OK, USA; Oklahoma City Thunder player Kevin Durant speaks after receiving the MVP trophy at Thunder Events Center. Reuters/Alonzo Adams-USA TODAY Sports
The official's call for a foul to Chris Paul that gave Russell Westbrook to score three easy free throws is still subject to debate among NBA experts, and fans. The official's take on the controversial matter ended as soon as Westbrook stepped on the free throw line, and made the three decisive free throws. OKC's latest win put them 3-2 in the heated series against the L.A. Clippers.
Given the 6.4 seconds remaining in the game when Westbrook was fouled, fans of both teams are gnashing their teeth in tension about what the outcome of the game would be. Same goes for Kevin Durant, who "seemed" unable to bear OKC's situation. Durant instead sat down away on the other end of the court, staring into the stands while Westbrook calmly (for him) sank in the three crucial free throws.
Photographer Ronald Martinez was able to capture the perfect scene of the game as well as KD's epic contemplative pose that caused another social media craze. Hardwood Paroxysm's Twitter account sparked the blaze for the good people of the Internet to make "huge" events behind KD. The public happily obliged to the cause and contributed numerous KD memes.
In the serious moments of game 5, the Clippers were taking the lead by 15 points early. They were able to minimize Durant's usual high-scoring streak with good defense. The Clippers were able to retaliate with OKC's comebacks keeping the game steady within Lob City's hands. However, the final minutes of game 5 gave the Clippers a painful upset to their efforts. Westbrook's 38 points, game winning free throws, and the rest of OKC's overall efforts won them a close game by one point 105 - 104.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
- Kate Middleton's Pregnancy Hearsays: Possible Evidence Revealed [PHOTOS]
- Selena Gomez Turns 22 Today, Celebrates Early without Justin Bieber: Top 12 Interesting Facts About the Singer [SEE PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- No Kevin Love to Cleveland, Andrew Wiggins to Stay with Cavaliers
- Jeremy Lin Only an ‘Expiring Contract’ in Los Angeles; Lakers Want Eric Bledsoe
- Jeremy Lin Demands More Playing Time From Lakers Next Season
- $300 Million at Stake for Floyd Mayweather vs. Manny Pacquiao Showdown
- Roger Federer is ‘The Greatest of All Time' - Novak Djokovic’s Coach Boris Becker
- Fresh Leak Hints iPhone 6 Price and Release Date; 4.7-Inches iPhone 6 Sapphire Display Scratched in Test; New Spigen Cases Out
- iPhone 6 2014 Release Date Very Soon as Apple Orders 120M New iPhones from Foxconn – Report
- Google Nexus 6 on Release Date Will Sport 2K Display Panel & Lower Price Tag – Report
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- FCC Approves Sony Xperia Z3 for U.S. Market
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $369 Likely to Come With 5.0-Inch Display, Snapdragon 801 Processor, 3GB RAM and More
- Sony PlayStation 4 Outsells a Resurgent Xbox One in June