'Kevin Durant Can't Watch' Memes Emerges as Latest Internet Craze
By Daniel Joseph Cruz | May 16, 2014 11:07 PM EST
The Oklahoma City Thunder pulled through Game 5 in the 2014 NBA playoffs Tuesday night against the L.A. Clippers. While Tuesday night's game was filled with excitement and controversy, the Internet's creative people made a funny meme of Kevin Durant.
May 6, 2014; Oklahoma City, OK, USA; Oklahoma City Thunder player Kevin Durant speaks after receiving the MVP trophy at Thunder Events Center. Reuters/Alonzo Adams-USA TODAY Sports
The official's call for a foul to Chris Paul that gave Russell Westbrook to score three easy free throws is still subject to debate among NBA experts, and fans. The official's take on the controversial matter ended as soon as Westbrook stepped on the free throw line, and made the three decisive free throws. OKC's latest win put them 3-2 in the heated series against the L.A. Clippers.
Given the 6.4 seconds remaining in the game when Westbrook was fouled, fans of both teams are gnashing their teeth in tension about what the outcome of the game would be. Same goes for Kevin Durant, who "seemed" unable to bear OKC's situation. Durant instead sat down away on the other end of the court, staring into the stands while Westbrook calmly (for him) sank in the three crucial free throws.
Photographer Ronald Martinez was able to capture the perfect scene of the game as well as KD's epic contemplative pose that caused another social media craze. Hardwood Paroxysm's Twitter account sparked the blaze for the good people of the Internet to make "huge" events behind KD. The public happily obliged to the cause and contributed numerous KD memes.
In the serious moments of game 5, the Clippers were taking the lead by 15 points early. They were able to minimize Durant's usual high-scoring streak with good defense. The Clippers were able to retaliate with OKC's comebacks keeping the game steady within Lob City's hands. However, the final minutes of game 5 gave the Clippers a painful upset to their efforts. Westbrook's 38 points, game winning free throws, and the rest of OKC's overall efforts won them a close game by one point 105 - 104.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Celebrities Who Got Pregnant Using IVF: Busting the Myths About IVF
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- Manchester United Transfer News: Arturo Vidal Leaving Juventus for the Red Devils Gaining Momentum
- Roger Federer Forced to Take Down Children's Play Area on his Property in Valbella
- Transfer News: FC Barcelona Striker Disappointed with Cesc Fabregas Sale to Chelsea
- 5 Sports Stars Who are Also Into Other Sports
- Roman Reigns Vs Randy Orton Match Unexciting, Reigns 'Awful Wrestler No Charisma'
- Freshly Leaked Apple iPad Air 2 Cases Confirm Touch ID Sensor; Release Date, Limited Specs and Price Listed
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Twin Malaysia Airlines MH370, MH17 Aviation Disasters Create Phobia Among Travellers
- OnePlus One vs. Moto X+1 – Early Specifications, Release Date and Price Faceoff
- 2014 Ebola Outbreak: ‘Out of control… and Can Get Worse'; Asky Airline Stops Flying to Liberia, Sierra Leone; Liberia Closes Schools