Coldplay Announce One Day Gig in Australia, Promote Latest Album 'Ghost Stories:' Critics Call it 'Divorce Album' of Chris Martin
By nidhi tewari | May 16, 2014 7:46 PM EST
All the Aussie fans of British band Coldplay should just take an off from work on June 19 and book the tickets for the one-off show of the band at Sydney's Enmore theatre. The band will visit Australia to promote their latest album "Ghost Stories," which is called as Chris Martin's "breakup album." The tickets for the exclusive concert are expected to be a sellout.
Chris Martin from Coldplay performs during the Under 1 Roof charity show at the O2 arena in Greenwich, London on December 10, 2011.
To prevent any misuse and blackmailing of the tickets, Coldplay's management has decided to make the purchase of tickets limited to just two per person; the guardian.com announced adding that the "highly personalised tickets" will not be handed out/emailed to the fans until the day of the show.
Coldplay's show is for all age groups and they enjoy massive popularity in Australia. Fans will be disappointed to know that Sydney's Enmore Theatre has a capacity of just 1600. Going by their popularity, Coldplay played to over 200,000 people on its 2012 Australian tour!
The group has yet to announce a full-fledged Australian tour yet. Their latest album "Ghost Stories" has been released in Australia today. The album has been described as lead singer Chris Martin's "divorce album," the Web site reported. The British crooner has recently split with his wife Gwyneth Paltrow and called it "conscious uncoupling."
The album can also be classified as Chris Martin's breakup album.
"For those whose hearts have swelled from Martin's lovelorn proclamations, there are loads of saccharine tidbits of heartbreak and vulnerability throughout Ghost Stories. After all, much has already been made of his and Paltrow's split," writes music critics on vanyaland.com.
"With this information on many minds, there's a slight urge to delve into the lyrics to scrape together personal details of the separation. But while these lyrics are personal and tear-jerking, they're vague enough to avoid tabloid scrutiny," the Web site added.
Music critic Bernard Zuel from smh.com.au has called "Ghost Stories" as Chris Martin's "heartbreak."
"You would not have to wait long to recognise "Ghost Stories" as almost the quintessential breakup album. Not some bitter slag off of the ex, Gwyneth Paltrow, in the style of Phil Collins or Marvin Gaye but an album of sadness and yearning and real emptiness at the core of this bloke's life; which is in keeping with Chris Martin's more evolved traits," Zuel added.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton Will Name Second Child Diana, Camilla Parker-Bowles Not Invited to Prince George’s Birthday - Reports
- Avengers 2: Capt.America Dances With Peggy Carter, First Love Returns
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Break-Up Furor Ceased: West Gets Turned on by Kim, Puts Rest to Marriage Trouble Reports
- Ian Somerhalder and Nina Dobrev Drama: Heartbroken The Vampire Diaries Actress Reacts to Nikki Reed Dating News—Report
- Kanye West Abandons Kim Kardashian after 58 Days of Marriage – Reports
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- HTC Google Nexus 8 Release Date Imminent with New Nexus 7 Deals, Two New Tablets Soon
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales