Lana Del Rey Announces Details of New Album ‘Ultraviolence;’ Release Date, Track List and More
By Alyssa Ashley Lucas | May 16, 2014 6:49 PM EST
The long wait is over for all the fans of Lana Del Rey as she announces on her social media accounts that her new album titled "Ultraviolence" is set to hit record stores on June 16, 2014.
Singer Lana Del Rey reacts as she is presented with the International Female Artist award at the BRIT Awards, celebrating British pop music, at the O2 Arena in London February 20, 2013
Lana Del Rey is known for her unique style when it comes to singing. Fans have come to love her due to her ability to set her self apart from all the singers and songwriters out there. But what appears to have made fans of the singer and songwriter love her more is the announcement on her Twitter account that her highly anticipated album is soon to be up for grabs.
The teaser for the album has already made its debut in April when Del Rey sang her new single "West Coast," which is included in the "Ultraviolence" album, at the Coachella event. The new single is now available on iTunes.
"'West Coast' is an absolute rush from the very first verse with typically wry and desperate lyrics hovering over breezy guitars and lush strings (at least live)," idolator remarks concerning Del Rey's performance at Coachella.
However, despite what appears to be a negative remark from the Web site regarding the new single, fans are still excited to get a copy of the new album. The positive response that the 27-year-old singer and songwriter is getting on social media appears to be an indication that the highly anticipated album is yet to make a grand debut.
The 27-year-old American singer and songwriter's new album cover is a black and white photo featuring Del Rey herself stepping out of the driver's seat of a car in a white T-shirt.
According to a post shared by Lana Del Rey on Facebook, aside from "West Coast," the track list includes "Cruel World," "Ultraviolence," "Shades of Cool," "Brooklyn Baby," "Sad Girl," "Pretty When You Cry," "Money Power Glory," "F**ked My Way Up to the Top," "Old Money" and "The Other Woman."
On bonus tracks are "Black Beauty," "Guns and Roses" and "Florida Kilos."
The album will be available on digital download on June 16, 2014, and according to Universal Music, Lana Del Rey's album will contain a CD, vinyl and art prints available for all the singer's fans.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder–Nina Dobrev Reunion Not Happening: 'The Vampire Diaries' (TVD) Star Is 'Falling In Love' With Nikki Reed—Report
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Lawson’s Girlfriend Reportedly Entering the House Plus Sandra Gets Evicted [VIDEO]
- 'Arrow' Season 3, Episode 3 Spoilers: Merlyn vs Queen; Thea Reborn; Felicity Smoak Gets New Boss [Watch Arrow 3x03 Promo Video]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ Spoilers For Oct. 23: Find Out What Happens When Phyllis Meets Kelly
- 'NCIS' Season 12, Episode 5 Spoilers: Gibbs' Gut OKs FBI Agent Leia Pendergast; A Favorite Guest Star Returns [Watch NCIS 12x5 Promo Video]
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’
- Canada Raises National Terror Alert Level after Suspected Jihadist Runs Over Soldier
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories