Gina Carano Praises Gal Gadot for Clinching the Role of Wonder Woman
By Rachelle Corpuz | May 16, 2014 6:21 PM EST
Gina Carano was once rumoured to play the role of iconic superhero character Wonder Woman when she was seen with Henry Cavill at an auto show, who plays the role of Superman in Man of Steel. However, Carano's Fast and the Furious co-star Gal Gadot snagged the coveted role.
Carano wasn't at all feeling bitter that Gadot was cast as Wonder Woman. In fact, she has some nice words to say about Gadot.
In an interview with Toronto Sun as reported by Kpopstarz.com, Carano addressed the rumour of her playing the role of Wonder Woman. She revealed that she didn't have the slightest idea that she was being considered for the role. Carano said that nobody really approached her. "I don't know if I was considered," said Carano.
Carano even praised the former beauty titlist for getting the role. She has nothing but praises for Gadot. "She's such a great person with such solidness in her character."
"I'm very excited for her to do that."
Carano even defended Gadot's critics who had been saying that Gadot was "too skinny" for the role. "I think people have their own idea what they consider Wonder Woman." Carano said she knows that Gadot has been training and working so hard. "There's so much more than goes into being a strong female character."
Meanwhile, the production of the Man of Steel 2 isn't underway yet but the confirmed cast have already been revealed with Cavill playing Superman, Ben Affleck as Batman, Jessie Eseinberg as Lex Luthor and Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman. Gadot posted an obscure teaser on her Facebook page when she wrote "Busy, busy week, let's have a WONDERful week everyone, xoxo."
Carano's latest movie In the Blood was initially released on April 4, 2014. The movie also starred Cam Gigandet, Danny Trejo and Luis Guzman.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- In Photos, Typhoon Rammasun Blasts the Philippines
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Jeremy Lin Demands More Playing Time From Lakers Next Season
- $300 Million at Stake for Floyd Mayweather vs. Manny Pacquiao Showdown
- Roger Federer is ‘The Greatest of All Time' - Novak Djokovic’s Coach Boris Becker
- Roger Federer Tops Forbes’ List of Most Financially Valuable Athlete; Maria Sharapova and Li Na Also Make the Cut
- Rafael Nadal’s Retirement Plan Includes Becoming Pro Poker Player; Spaniard To Unveil New Serve at US Open
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Soon Along with 2 More HTC Android Tablets – Reports
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- Sony PlayStation 4 Outsells a Resurgent Xbox One in June
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $369 Likely to Come With 5.0-Inch Display, Snapdragon 801 Processor, 3GB RAM and More