Gina Carano Praises Gal Gadot for Clinching the Role of Wonder Woman
By Rachelle Corpuz | May 16, 2014 6:21 PM EST
Gina Carano was once rumoured to play the role of iconic superhero character Wonder Woman when she was seen with Henry Cavill at an auto show, who plays the role of Superman in Man of Steel. However, Carano's Fast and the Furious co-star Gal Gadot snagged the coveted role.
Carano wasn't at all feeling bitter that Gadot was cast as Wonder Woman. In fact, she has some nice words to say about Gadot.
In an interview with Toronto Sun as reported by Kpopstarz.com, Carano addressed the rumour of her playing the role of Wonder Woman. She revealed that she didn't have the slightest idea that she was being considered for the role. Carano said that nobody really approached her. "I don't know if I was considered," said Carano.
Carano even praised the former beauty titlist for getting the role. She has nothing but praises for Gadot. "She's such a great person with such solidness in her character."
"I'm very excited for her to do that."
Carano even defended Gadot's critics who had been saying that Gadot was "too skinny" for the role. "I think people have their own idea what they consider Wonder Woman." Carano said she knows that Gadot has been training and working so hard. "There's so much more than goes into being a strong female character."
Meanwhile, the production of the Man of Steel 2 isn't underway yet but the confirmed cast have already been revealed with Cavill playing Superman, Ben Affleck as Batman, Jessie Eseinberg as Lex Luthor and Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman. Gadot posted an obscure teaser on her Facebook page when she wrote "Busy, busy week, let's have a WONDERful week everyone, xoxo."
Carano's latest movie In the Blood was initially released on April 4, 2014. The movie also starred Cam Gigandet, Danny Trejo and Luis Guzman.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal On Roger Federer: ‘He’s A Good Person, A Fantastic Player And A Great Man On Court’
- Jeremy Lin’s Big Break: Steve Nash Out For The Season For The Los Angeles Lakers
- NBA News: Teammate Stresses Jeremy Lin's Importance To The Lakers
- Manny Pacquiao Is Better Than Floyd Mayweather Jr. In Basketball Claims Freddie Roach
- Chelsea FC: Mourinho Hints Cesc Fabregas Could Succeed John Terry As Club Captain
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions