‘Godzilla’ Star Aaron Taylor-Johnson Opens Up; Admits Watching the 'Monster' Movie Brings Him to Tears
By Alyssa Ashley Lucas | May 16, 2014 5:50 PM EST
Once in a while people hear news of actors and actresses crying over their own movies or getting embarrassed every time they see their faces on screen. Apparently the new recruit of the group is star Aaron Taylor-Johnson who happens to admit the same things as his new movie "Godzilla" hit theatres on May 15, 2014.
Aaron Taylor-Johnson, whose name recently graced the headlines after his wife Sam Taylor Wood confirmed that he is appearing in the upcoming Valentine's Day movie "Fifty Shades of Grey," is reported to have cried while watching the new "Godzilla" movie.
The List reported that the 23-year-old actor has opened up and admitted that seeing the performances of his co-actors Bryan Cranston, playing the role of Joe Brody, and Juliette Binoche, playing the role of Sandra Brody, has made him cry.
"The first 10-15 minutes, the performance from Bryan Cranston and Juliette Binoche, I was trying to suppress and hold back tears," Aaron Taylor Johnson admits in the report.
According to the Taylor-Johnson, he didn't know if crying was the right move as it appears "Godzilla" is a "monster" movie, but the actor has to cry since according to his explanation he has no way of stopping it.
But aside from crying, the new "Fifty Shades of Grey" actor also admitted that he gets "embarrassed" every time he watch himself act on screen that he preferred to watch "Godzilla" by himself.
Aaron Taylor-Johnson is playing the role of Lieutenant Ford Brody in the movie. A little digging around the Web shows that the new "Godzilla" movie is a reboot of the famous monster movie that was first introduced to the public in 1954. It appears that it is a science fiction that originated in Japan, which after its first release attracted several "Godzilla" movie remakes.
"This mythical monster has been kind of watered down all this time, and we've tried to bring it back to its roots and embrace that message of nature's beast responding to radioactive pollution," Gareth Edwards, director of the new "Godzilla" movie told Los Angeles Daily News.
The director also added that the idea of the movie is to treat the giant monster like a real animal.
In an interview with Collider.com, Aaron Taylor-Johnson revealed that he is proud of how the new "Godzilla" movie turns out.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Getting Serious With Jennifer Lawrence, Actress Joining Coldplay Tour [PHOTOS]
- 2014 US Open Update (Day 4 - Men's Singles): Murray, Djokovic, Raonic and Isner Advance to 3rd Round [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Jennifer Lawrence’s Nude Photos and Videos Leaked by 4Chan Hacker; Ariana Grande, Lea Michele, Mary Elizabeth Winstead, Kate Upton’s Also Included
- Celebrities’ Leaked Nude Photos: Master-List Printed, Selena Gomez, Kim Kardashian, Kate Upton, Jennifer Lawrence, Kaley Cuoco, Rihanna, More Names On It
- Nude Photos Leaked: Mary Elizabeth Winstead Says Nude Photos Hers, Faces Backlash, Takes Twitter Break
- ‘The Leftovers’: Episode 10 On Hold, Renewed For Season 2, Season 1 Finale Synopsis And Preview [VIDEO]
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Boards London Train in Casual Disguise, Royal Couple’s Incognito Plan A Huge Hit [PHOTOS]
- Apple iPhone 6 Actual Release Date after September 9 Confirmed 128GB Variant with New Resolution
- Pricey iPhone 6 on Release Date Likely but with 3X Retina Resolution & Mobile Payment Service – Reports
- Google Nexus 8 Confirmed as HTC T1 aka Volantis/Flounder with Freshly-Leaked Specs & Features – Reports
- Moto G2 Release Roundup: Specs, Pricing, and Release Date Details
- PlayStation 4 Killing Xbox One Costing Microsoft Millions But It's Fine
- Nexus 6 on Release Date Confirmed with Phablet-Size Display as FCC Filing Hints of 5.9-Inch Screen
- Europe, US Next on ISIS’ Hit List, Says Saudi King; Seized ISIS Laptop Reveals Terrifying Bio-Warfare Plans