Ariana Grande Accused of 'Plagiarism' by Fans for Recently Released Song, 'Boyfriend Material' [SEE VIDEOS]
By nidhi tewari | May 16, 2014 4:45 PM EST
Ariana Grande has thanked her fans for loving her song "Problem" in a grand way. She has released a new song on Twitter for her fans and it is called "Boyfriend Material." It is not exactly a new song as Ariana wrote it when she was just 17-years-old and started working on "Yours Truly."
Singer Ariana Grande accepts the Kohl's new artist of the year award
"A little surprise for my loves as a thank you for all of your constant love, support and dedication. I know how much y'all love this song and how disappointed you were when it didn't make it on to my first album so I knew I had to get it to you somehow someday," Ariana wrote on her Twitter account as she posted a YouTube link to "Boyfriend Material."
"This song means a lot to me and holds such a special place in my heart as it was one of the first songs I did when I started working on 'Yours Truly' when I was like 17. Don't worry... you'll get more of these oldies too as time goes on! I'm working on it for you. Love you all so much. You are everything. Love you," the "Tattooed Heart" singer revealed.
However, many of Ariana's fans have accused the singe of plagiarism when they heard the song first claiming that it belongs to a Korean girl band called F(X).
"Ariana plagiarism or buy this song? the original audio belongs to a group of South Korean girls called F(X) The song of these girls is called'' No more'' and the album Pink Tape. Someone please explain to me. I can be misunderstanding and assuming that this was a robbery. Ariana buy this or theft?," Paula Mendoza wrote on YouTube channel where Ariana released this song.
"You are not original this song is from F(x) no more and this is ILEGAL . Pleeeeeeaseeee Ariana be original. Thank u :*," writes another "Arianator" Angel Hernandez.
However, the mystery to the song has been sold by one of the fans of Ariana on YouTube.
"Boyfriend Material was a song performed by Ariana Grande, leaked on her live chat. The song was intended for her album Yours Truly, but ended up not making it to the album due to an uproar with her management/company over selling the song," writes f Ariana on YouTube.
"The song was infact purchased by S.M. Entertainment, a South Korean company who then reworked the song for their girl group, f(x)," it added.
Meanwhile check out both Ariana's vocals on "Boyfriend Material" and F(X)'s version below, which is called "No More."
Source: youtube.com/f ariana
Source: youtube.com/Moved to Kimoi212000~ Request CLOSED~
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- 'Fast & Furious 7': New Brian O' Connor And Dominic Toretto Scene Surfaces
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 8 Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Set To Burn The Place Down in ‘Coda’
- Mariah Carey-Nick Cannon Divorce: Mariah Claims Infidelity, Nick's Affair With Amber Rose To Blame -- Report
- Taylor Swift And Harry Styles Spotted Together Enjoying A Concert; Songstress ‘Still Not Over’ 1D Singer—Reports
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 21 Spoilers: Nick Shocks His Family And Summer’s Past Gets Revealed
- Walmart Early Price Matching Special Event On Nov. 21, 2014 Matches Its Competitors' Black Friday 2014 Prices And Includes Exclusive Deals For Samsung LED HDTVs And iPad Air 2 [WATCH VIDEO]
- US Plane Flying Over Russian Skies Spotted; Vladimir Putin Ready For 'Practical Cooperation' With US
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top Deals On Game Consoles Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Wii U And More
- Walmart Pre-Black Friday 2014 Sale On Nov. 21, 2014 Includes Discounts On The 'NBA 2K15' For PS4 And The 'Skylanders Trap Team’ Starter Kit [WATCH VIDEO]
- Alleged 'Microsoft Lumia 1030' Front Panel Leaked With Capacitive Buttons; 'Xbox One' Owners To Get Free Goodies On Anniversary
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- Cold War 2: Russia, China And North Korea’s Blacklisted Company Fortify Alliance -- Reports