Ariana Grande Accused of 'Plagiarism' by Fans for Recently Released Song, 'Boyfriend Material' [SEE VIDEOS]
By nidhi tewari | May 16, 2014 4:45 PM EST
Ariana Grande has thanked her fans for loving her song "Problem" in a grand way. She has released a new song on Twitter for her fans and it is called "Boyfriend Material." It is not exactly a new song as Ariana wrote it when she was just 17-years-old and started working on "Yours Truly."
Singer Ariana Grande accepts the Kohl's new artist of the year award
"A little surprise for my loves as a thank you for all of your constant love, support and dedication. I know how much y'all love this song and how disappointed you were when it didn't make it on to my first album so I knew I had to get it to you somehow someday," Ariana wrote on her Twitter account as she posted a YouTube link to "Boyfriend Material."
"This song means a lot to me and holds such a special place in my heart as it was one of the first songs I did when I started working on 'Yours Truly' when I was like 17. Don't worry... you'll get more of these oldies too as time goes on! I'm working on it for you. Love you all so much. You are everything. Love you," the "Tattooed Heart" singer revealed.
However, many of Ariana's fans have accused the singe of plagiarism when they heard the song first claiming that it belongs to a Korean girl band called F(X).
"Ariana plagiarism or buy this song? the original audio belongs to a group of South Korean girls called F(X) The song of these girls is called'' No more'' and the album Pink Tape. Someone please explain to me. I can be misunderstanding and assuming that this was a robbery. Ariana buy this or theft?," Paula Mendoza wrote on YouTube channel where Ariana released this song.
"You are not original this song is from F(x) no more and this is ILEGAL . Pleeeeeeaseeee Ariana be original. Thank u :*," writes another "Arianator" Angel Hernandez.
However, the mystery to the song has been sold by one of the fans of Ariana on YouTube.
"Boyfriend Material was a song performed by Ariana Grande, leaked on her live chat. The song was intended for her album Yours Truly, but ended up not making it to the album due to an uproar with her management/company over selling the song," writes f Ariana on YouTube.
"The song was infact purchased by S.M. Entertainment, a South Korean company who then reworked the song for their girl group, f(x)," it added.
Meanwhile check out both Ariana's vocals on "Boyfriend Material" and F(X)'s version below, which is called "No More."
Source: youtube.com/f ariana
Source: youtube.com/Moved to Kimoi212000~ Request CLOSED~
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince Charles’ Wife Camilla Parker-Bowles In Drug Scandal - Reports
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
- St. Louis Rams 28, Seattle Seahawks 26 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 2 Major Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Strangers’
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Grand Final Sing-Off: Marlisa Punzalan, Dean Ray and Brothers 3 [VIDEOS]
- ‘The Bachelor Australia’: Blake And Louise Tell The True Story
- ‘Days Of Our Lives’ (DOOL) Oct. 20-24 Spoilers: An ‘Unexpected Visitor’ Changes Everything For Sami Plus Updates On Salemites
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers From Oct. 20-24, 2014, Plus Additional Spoilers For Oct. 27, 2014: Nina Makes Public Rosalie’s Secret
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- iPhone 6 vs Nexus 6 vs Galaxy Note 4: Performance and User Interface Comparison
- Fappening: Message Board Posters Belittle Nude Photo Leakers As D-Listers Seeking Publicity