Microsoft Points Out on Releasing Surface Pro 3
By Naveena Joy | May 16, 2014 4:44 PM EST
Various reports stated that Microsoft is ready to announce a set of new tablets at this event. The main attraction of this event is the launching of its 8-inch sized Surface Mini. Microsoft is excited about this launch as there is profitability in the 8-inch market.
Microsoft willingly or unwillingly also announced of its launch of another tablet - Intel-powered Surface tablet, the possible name could be the "Surface Pro 3."
"There's definitely a new Intel-based Surface," a chip industry source told Cnet, who added that the media attending the event may "go back" with the Intel-based product. "From what I can assess so far I think it's going to [have] a new power-optimized Haswell variant," the source said, not an Atom processor like Intel's Bay Trail.
The Surface Mini is rumoured to be running on Windows RT on a Qualcomm Cpu and the new Surface Pro 3 is expected to run Windows 8.1. The existing models have a 10.6 inch screen and show off a Core i5 CPU.
Microsoft is positioning its Surface Pro tablets at very high end replacing desktops and laptops that is why they are using a CPU which is used only in laptops and desktops.
In addition, Microsoft wants to win over Apple tablets, by releasing its desktop replacement tablets earlier. Both iPad Air 2 and ipad Mini 3 is reported to launch later this year, probably in October and they will flaunt a TouchID fingerprint sensor, A8 processor, iOS 8 and waterproof feature.
Interestingly, over the past few years, Microsoft is incurring disappointing sales by releasing the Surface models last year but there are consumers who are interested to buy these products.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
Join the Conversation
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge: Top Reasons To Upgrade From Galaxy Note 3 Or Galaxy Note 2
- Android 5.0 L November And December Rollout: Android One, Nexus, Google Play, Galaxy S5, Galaxy Note 4
- iOS 8 Bugs: Minor, Moderate And Serious Issues Why Users Should Not Upgrade Immediately
- ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire’ Updates: Meet The Leaders of Team Magma and Aqua, Trainer and His Mega Gallade
- 'The Sims 4' Mods: Gay And Lesbian Pregnancy Now Available As Alternative To Adoption
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design
- Google Release Roundup: New Nexus 6, Nexus 8, Android 5.0 L Launch and Killer Features
- Unofficial ‘Samsung Galaxy Alpha’ Can Now Be Purchased For $700 In The US
- Xperia Z, Xperia ZL, Xperia ZR Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide
- Canada Consumer Alert: Costco No Longer Accepting American Express Cards Starting Jan 1
- Amazon Announces Kindle Fire HD 6, Kindle Fire HD 7 Tablets; Official Release Date Is Oct 2
- Scotland Voted Against Independence, Early Results Indicate