Microsoft Points Out on Releasing Surface Pro 3
By Naveena Joy | May 16, 2014 4:44 PM EST
Various reports stated that Microsoft is ready to announce a set of new tablets at this event. The main attraction of this event is the launching of its 8-inch sized Surface Mini. Microsoft is excited about this launch as there is profitability in the 8-inch market.
Microsoft willingly or unwillingly also announced of its launch of another tablet - Intel-powered Surface tablet, the possible name could be the "Surface Pro 3."
"There's definitely a new Intel-based Surface," a chip industry source told Cnet, who added that the media attending the event may "go back" with the Intel-based product. "From what I can assess so far I think it's going to [have] a new power-optimized Haswell variant," the source said, not an Atom processor like Intel's Bay Trail.
The Surface Mini is rumoured to be running on Windows RT on a Qualcomm Cpu and the new Surface Pro 3 is expected to run Windows 8.1. The existing models have a 10.6 inch screen and show off a Core i5 CPU.
Microsoft is positioning its Surface Pro tablets at very high end replacing desktops and laptops that is why they are using a CPU which is used only in laptops and desktops.
In addition, Microsoft wants to win over Apple tablets, by releasing its desktop replacement tablets earlier. Both iPad Air 2 and ipad Mini 3 is reported to launch later this year, probably in October and they will flaunt a TouchID fingerprint sensor, A8 processor, iOS 8 and waterproof feature.
Interestingly, over the past few years, Microsoft is incurring disappointing sales by releasing the Surface models last year but there are consumers who are interested to buy these products.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire’ Hits Battle Frontier Plus New Discoveries
- Android 5.0 Lollipop Essential Tips For Nexus 6: Camera And Entertainment, Notifications And Privacy, Battery
- 'Dragon Age Inquisition' Starter Tips And Tricks: Character Creation, Combat Modes, Party, Looting, War Table
- Vodafone Australia Software Update Weekly Wrap For Nov. 20: Blackberry, HTC, Huawei, Samsung And Sony
- HTC One M9: Speculations on Release Date, Specs And Features
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top Deals On Game Consoles Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Wii U And More
- Walmart Pre-Black Friday 2014 Sale On Nov. 21, 2014 Includes Discounts On The 'NBA 2K15' For PS4 And The 'Skylanders Trap Team’ Starter Kit [WATCH VIDEO]
- Alleged 'Microsoft Lumia 1030' Front Panel Leaked With Capacitive Buttons; 'Xbox One' Owners To Get Free Goodies On Anniversary
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top 9 TV Deals Starting From $99 To $899
- BlackBerry Classic (aka Q20) Keyboard Shortcuts Explained In A Quick Video
- Julie Bishop Condemns Barack Obama For Overlooking Australia’s Commitment in Protecting Great Barrier Reef