Microsoft Points Out on Releasing Surface Pro 3
By Naveena Joy | May 16, 2014 4:44 PM EST
Various reports stated that Microsoft is ready to announce a set of new tablets at this event. The main attraction of this event is the launching of its 8-inch sized Surface Mini. Microsoft is excited about this launch as there is profitability in the 8-inch market.
Microsoft willingly or unwillingly also announced of its launch of another tablet - Intel-powered Surface tablet, the possible name could be the "Surface Pro 3."
"There's definitely a new Intel-based Surface," a chip industry source told Cnet, who added that the media attending the event may "go back" with the Intel-based product. "From what I can assess so far I think it's going to [have] a new power-optimized Haswell variant," the source said, not an Atom processor like Intel's Bay Trail.
The Surface Mini is rumoured to be running on Windows RT on a Qualcomm Cpu and the new Surface Pro 3 is expected to run Windows 8.1. The existing models have a 10.6 inch screen and show off a Core i5 CPU.
Microsoft is positioning its Surface Pro tablets at very high end replacing desktops and laptops that is why they are using a CPU which is used only in laptops and desktops.
In addition, Microsoft wants to win over Apple tablets, by releasing its desktop replacement tablets earlier. Both iPad Air 2 and ipad Mini 3 is reported to launch later this year, probably in October and they will flaunt a TouchID fingerprint sensor, A8 processor, iOS 8 and waterproof feature.
Interestingly, over the past few years, Microsoft is incurring disappointing sales by releasing the Surface models last year but there are consumers who are interested to buy these products.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- In Photos, Typhoon Rammasun Blasts the Philippines
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update for Moto X Reported With Poor Battery Life; Six Ways to Resolve the Issue
- Destiny Beta Now into Maintenance; Xbox One Version Prepped for 1080p in Final Run
- PS4 News: Developments for Uncharted 4, The Last of Us Remastered and a Possible New PS4/PS Vita Game
- Android 4.4.2 KitKat for Samsung Galaxy S3: How to Resolve Battery Drain, Random Reboot, Wake Lag and Slow Performance
- Sony Xperia Z Android 4.4.2 KitKat Problems and Solutions: Battery Drain, Slow Performance, Overheating, Sound Bug and SD Card
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Soon Along with 2 More HTC Android Tablets – Reports
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Sony PlayStation 4 Outsells a Resurgent Xbox One in June
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $369 Likely to Come With 5.0-Inch Display, Snapdragon 801 Processor, 3GB RAM and More
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- NVIDIA Shield Gaming Tablet with Tegra K1 SoC Reported to be Released on July 29