Microsoft Points Out on Releasing Surface Pro 3
By Naveena Joy | May 16, 2014 4:44 PM EST
Various reports stated that Microsoft is ready to announce a set of new tablets at this event. The main attraction of this event is the launching of its 8-inch sized Surface Mini. Microsoft is excited about this launch as there is profitability in the 8-inch market.
Microsoft willingly or unwillingly also announced of its launch of another tablet - Intel-powered Surface tablet, the possible name could be the "Surface Pro 3."
"There's definitely a new Intel-based Surface," a chip industry source told Cnet, who added that the media attending the event may "go back" with the Intel-based product. "From what I can assess so far I think it's going to [have] a new power-optimized Haswell variant," the source said, not an Atom processor like Intel's Bay Trail.
The Surface Mini is rumoured to be running on Windows RT on a Qualcomm Cpu and the new Surface Pro 3 is expected to run Windows 8.1. The existing models have a 10.6 inch screen and show off a Core i5 CPU.
Microsoft is positioning its Surface Pro tablets at very high end replacing desktops and laptops that is why they are using a CPU which is used only in laptops and desktops.
In addition, Microsoft wants to win over Apple tablets, by releasing its desktop replacement tablets earlier. Both iPad Air 2 and ipad Mini 3 is reported to launch later this year, probably in October and they will flaunt a TouchID fingerprint sensor, A8 processor, iOS 8 and waterproof feature.
Interestingly, over the past few years, Microsoft is incurring disappointing sales by releasing the Surface models last year but there are consumers who are interested to buy these products.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'The Sims 4' First Expansion Pack To Roll Out Tomorrow With Halloween Theme Via Teaser Images
- The Pirate Bay Contains Malicious Advertisements: Using TPB Can Infect Your Computer With Malware
- Windows Insider Program: How to Get Windows 10 the Next Generation Operating System
- ‘Destiny’ New DLC For PlayStation And Xbox: Future Missions, Strikes And Raids Revealed
- Xbox One News: Windows 10 Hinted For Xbox One; Deals With Gold And Xbox One Counterfeits Detailed
- Apple iPhone 6 vs. OnePlus One: With Invitation-Only Model Rested, OnePlus One Can Be A Real Threat To iPhone 6
- 3 Signs Nexus 6, 8 Release Date Nears: Leaked Pics, KitKat Factory Image & Android L Details Emerge
- ISIS Supporters are Walking Among the Many in the United States – Report
- New Windows OS Is Not Windows 9, Microsoft To Launch Windows 10 As New OS Build
- Samsung Aware Of Gap Issue On Galaxy Note 4, Mentions It As Important Manufacturing Feature In Note 4 User Manual
- ISIS Receives Food, Ammunition Due To Mistake Of Iraqi Pilots