Microsoft Points Out on Releasing Surface Pro 3
By Naveena Joy | May 16, 2014 4:44 PM EST
Various reports stated that Microsoft is ready to announce a set of new tablets at this event. The main attraction of this event is the launching of its 8-inch sized Surface Mini. Microsoft is excited about this launch as there is profitability in the 8-inch market.
Microsoft willingly or unwillingly also announced of its launch of another tablet - Intel-powered Surface tablet, the possible name could be the "Surface Pro 3."
"There's definitely a new Intel-based Surface," a chip industry source told Cnet, who added that the media attending the event may "go back" with the Intel-based product. "From what I can assess so far I think it's going to [have] a new power-optimized Haswell variant," the source said, not an Atom processor like Intel's Bay Trail.
The Surface Mini is rumoured to be running on Windows RT on a Qualcomm Cpu and the new Surface Pro 3 is expected to run Windows 8.1. The existing models have a 10.6 inch screen and show off a Core i5 CPU.
Microsoft is positioning its Surface Pro tablets at very high end replacing desktops and laptops that is why they are using a CPU which is used only in laptops and desktops.
In addition, Microsoft wants to win over Apple tablets, by releasing its desktop replacement tablets earlier. Both iPad Air 2 and ipad Mini 3 is reported to launch later this year, probably in October and they will flaunt a TouchID fingerprint sensor, A8 processor, iOS 8 and waterproof feature.
Interestingly, over the past few years, Microsoft is incurring disappointing sales by releasing the Surface models last year but there are consumers who are interested to buy these products.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'Dragon Age Keep' Guide: How To Use And Set Up Background Story For 'Dragon Age Inquisition'
- Google Nexus 6 Sold-Out Inventory: Android 5.0, Motorola-Nexus Branding, Network Carriers, Competitive Price
- ‘Destiny': Apocalypse-Themed Sparrows, Pumpkin Head Weapons As Contents For Halloween
- The Xperia Z3: A Review On Sony’s New Flagship
- Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Developer Edition Now Available At $699.99, Without Instalment Plan Options
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles