Kate Middleton Offers Advice to Cressida Bonas After Split with Prince Harry
By Christine Jane Caparras | May 16, 2014 4:29 PM EST
The Duchess of Cambridge Kate Middleton offered post-break-up advice to Cresside Bonas after the latter reportedly split from Prince Harry in late April. Based on recent photos of the 25-year old blone, it seems that she is still mourning her relationship with Prince Harry.
Britain's Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge, arrives at a gala dinner in aid of Action on Addiction hosted by the 100 Women in Hedge Funds Philanthropic Initiatives in London
Bonas was spotted out and about in West London looking forlorn and far from happy as she walked the streets alone. She was all covered up in a long navy blue pinstriped coat, black tights and matching Dr Marterns boots.
The news of Cressida and Harry's split came as a shock for many after speculations arose that the two had been talking about marriage. The situation is similar to Kate Middleton's own relationship with Prince Williambefore they were married. She was once dubbed "Lady in Waiting" because everyone was assuming that she was waiting with bated breath for an engagement ring.
According to recent reports, the Duchess of Cambridge apparently told Cressida to "take some time out" in order to give their relationship a chance of working. Middleton and Prince William also went through a separation in 2007 where she was seen engaging in various outdoor activities and even joined a rowing team.
"Catherine gave her the lowdown on the pressures of being a princess and advised her to take time out, like she did with Wills in 2007," a source said.
"Kate feels for Cressie. There's an awful lot of pressure when the whole nation is asking if asking if you're about to get engaged. She told Cressie how she benefited from taking time out when she was on a break from William. Kate said it might be best for them too."
After news of the break-up emerged, it was reported that Cressida was uncomfortable with the attention that came from being involved with a member of the Royal Family.
Other accounts suggested that some of the pre-wedding celebrations which Harry planned to attend in the US - and to which girlfriends were not invited - had led to heated rows between the couple.
Meanwhile, Harry was surrounded by glamorous women but it was all in the name of duty on his first official engagement since the split.
After a weekend of partying at his friend Guy Pelly's wedding in Memphis, Harry came without a date to a glittering summer party at the Dorchester Hotel in London on May 8.
He and Prince Seeiso of Lesotho were the guests of honour at a party celebrating the 10th anniversary of their decision to set up the Sentebale charity to help Aids orphans and other vulnerable children in the southern African kingdom of Lesotho in memory of their late mothers.
While busy with parties and other engagements, it seems that Cressida was not far from the Prince's mind. He has reportedly been bombarding her with text messages in a bid to win her back since their split.
It is thought the pair are planning to meet for a heart-to-heart when Harry returns to Britain to see if they can patch up their differences and resume their romance.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder–Nina Dobrev Reunion Not Happening: 'The Vampire Diaries' (TVD) Star Is 'Falling In Love' With Nikki Reed—Report
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Evictee Jason Rose Opens Up About His Family’s Acceptance of His Sexuality, Cat and Lawson’s Illicit Love Affair [VIDEO]
- 'Arrow' Season 3, Episode 3 Spoilers: Merlyn vs Queen; Thea Reborn; Felicity Smoak Gets New Boss [Watch Arrow 3x03 Promo Video]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ Spoilers For Oct. 23: Find Out What Happens When Phyllis Meets Kelly
- Ian Somerhalder Girlfriend: 'Twilight' Actress Nikki Reed Heads Back To Los Angeles Solo, Spotted Partying With Michelle Rodriguez At A Fashion Event
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop