Kate Middleton Offers Advice to Cressida Bonas After Split with Prince Harry
By Christine Jane Caparras | May 16, 2014 4:29 PM EST
The Duchess of Cambridge Kate Middleton offered post-break-up advice to Cresside Bonas after the latter reportedly split from Prince Harry in late April. Based on recent photos of the 25-year old blone, it seems that she is still mourning her relationship with Prince Harry.
Britain's Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge, arrives at a gala dinner in aid of Action on Addiction hosted by the 100 Women in Hedge Funds Philanthropic Initiatives in London
Bonas was spotted out and about in West London looking forlorn and far from happy as she walked the streets alone. She was all covered up in a long navy blue pinstriped coat, black tights and matching Dr Marterns boots.
The news of Cressida and Harry's split came as a shock for many after speculations arose that the two had been talking about marriage. The situation is similar to Kate Middleton's own relationship with Prince Williambefore they were married. She was once dubbed "Lady in Waiting" because everyone was assuming that she was waiting with bated breath for an engagement ring.
According to recent reports, the Duchess of Cambridge apparently told Cressida to "take some time out" in order to give their relationship a chance of working. Middleton and Prince William also went through a separation in 2007 where she was seen engaging in various outdoor activities and even joined a rowing team.
"Catherine gave her the lowdown on the pressures of being a princess and advised her to take time out, like she did with Wills in 2007," a source said.
"Kate feels for Cressie. There's an awful lot of pressure when the whole nation is asking if asking if you're about to get engaged. She told Cressie how she benefited from taking time out when she was on a break from William. Kate said it might be best for them too."
After news of the break-up emerged, it was reported that Cressida was uncomfortable with the attention that came from being involved with a member of the Royal Family.
Other accounts suggested that some of the pre-wedding celebrations which Harry planned to attend in the US - and to which girlfriends were not invited - had led to heated rows between the couple.
Meanwhile, Harry was surrounded by glamorous women but it was all in the name of duty on his first official engagement since the split.
After a weekend of partying at his friend Guy Pelly's wedding in Memphis, Harry came without a date to a glittering summer party at the Dorchester Hotel in London on May 8.
He and Prince Seeiso of Lesotho were the guests of honour at a party celebrating the 10th anniversary of their decision to set up the Sentebale charity to help Aids orphans and other vulnerable children in the southern African kingdom of Lesotho in memory of their late mothers.
While busy with parties and other engagements, it seems that Cressida was not far from the Prince's mind. He has reportedly been bombarding her with text messages in a bid to win her back since their split.
It is thought the pair are planning to meet for a heart-to-heart when Harry returns to Britain to see if they can patch up their differences and resume their romance.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kristen Stewart Moving On With Nicholas Hoult, Jennifer Lawrence Dating Chris Martin – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Everything To Know [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'Avengers: Age Of Ultron' Will Feature Nude Scene Confirmed—Report
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 1: ‘The Biggest Action Sequence That We Have Ever Attempted’ [VIDEO]
- 'Terminator' 5 And 'Jurassic World' Trailers To Be Released Soon
- ‘Star Wars’ 7 Plot Leak – New Villain And Stormtroopers New Look [Spoilers]
- 'Doctor Who' Casting News: 'GOT' Actress Rose Leslie Favoured To Play As 'Clara Oswald'
- Robin Williams Goodbye Video Hoax: Facebook Users Warned of Celebrity Suicide Exploitation
- 4 Killer Android Features Apple Fans Would Love to Get Come the iPhone 6 Release Date
- ISIS Posts Graphic Beheading Video of US Journalist James Foley
- Nexus 6 Release Date Dilemma with Motorola Shamu Details Pointing to Better Smartphone and Killer Features
- After James Foley, ISIL Threatens to Behead Another American Journalist Steven Sotloff
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: AT&T/Sprint Release and When to Hit Your Region
- Motorola Moto X+1 On Release Date To Come With Snapdragon 800 Processor, 2 GB RAM, 4K Recording And 5.2-Inch Display