Jay Z and Solange Fight Update, Beyonce Defends Sister: ‘She Was Not Drunk'
By Maychelle Ornos | May 16, 2014 3:52 PM EST
After the video of Jay Z being attacked by Solange Knowles inside an elevator while Beyonce quietly stands in the sideline went viral, several speculations that the younger Knowles was drunk surfaced. The erratic behavior of the "Losing You" songstress that was thought to be attributed to being intoxicated with alcohol has been dismissed, according to the National Post.
Singer Solange Knowles arrives at the Metropolitan Museum of Art Costume Institute Gala Benefit celebrating the opening of \"Charles James: Beyond Fashion\" in Upper Manhattan, New York, May 5, 2014. REUTERS/Lucas Jackson
The Daily Mail reports that the assumptions of what might have happened that night still continue and an unnamed source said: "Clearly she was on something at the party, she was drunk and out of it."
However, Beyonce came to rescue and included in the released statement that her younger sister was not drunk. They have made a public statement through The Associated Press and it was their first take on the controversial elevator footage, according to the Huffington Post.
The statement says: "The reports of Solange being intoxicated or displaying erratic behavior throughout the evening are simply false." Beyonce and her younger sister are seen to have a close relationship, even though they were constantly being pitted against each other, according to Wikipedia.
When the scandalous video started to attract attention, Beyonce posted a cryptic message of entrusting her relationships to God which others have related it to the rift between the two sisters. Then again, it was all brushed off as the two sisters posted pictures of them together showing how strong their family ties were.
After leaving the elevator at the Standard Hotel following the MET Gala after party, Beyonce and Solange were even seen leaving the venue together while Jay Z rode on a separate car. This may seem like the sisters are truly getting along and may have already worked out their differences after the much publicized outbursts of the younger Knowles.
This family affair cracked open to the public seems to have only made the relationship of the parties involved much closer. Still the public is craving for more information as the statement released by the trio has not explained cause of the violent behavior of Solange to Jay Z. Others have even posted to Twitter various speculations with the hashtag #WhatJayZSaidToSolange.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Jennifer Lawrence’s Nude Photos and Videos Leaked by 4Chan Hacker; Ariana Grande, Lea Michele, Mary Elizabeth Winstead, Kate Upton’s Also Included
- Celebrities’ Leaked Nude Photos: Master-List Printed, Selena Gomez, Kim Kardashian, Kate Upton, Jennifer Lawrence, Kaley Cuoco, Rihanna, More Names On It
- Nude Photos Leaked: Mary Elizabeth Winstead Says Nude Photos Hers, Faces Backlash, Takes Twitter Break
- ‘Bachelor In Paradise’ Spoilers: Find Out Whether AshLee Frazier And Graham Bunn Last Till The End; Meet The New Arrivals Of Episode 6
- ‘The Leftovers’: Episode 10 On Hold, Renewed For Season 2, Season 1 Finale Synopsis And Preview [VIDEO]
- Apple iPhone 6 Actual Release Date after September 9 Confirmed 128GB Variant with New Resolution
- Moto G2 Release Roundup: Specs, Pricing, and Release Date Details
- PlayStation 4 Killing Xbox One Costing Microsoft Millions But It's Fine
- Nexus 6 on Release Date Confirmed with Phablet-Size Display as FCC Filing Hints of 5.9-Inch Screen