Jay Z and Solange Fight Update, Beyonce Defends Sister: ‘She Was Not Drunk'
By Maychelle Ornos | May 16, 2014 3:52 PM EST
After the video of Jay Z being attacked by Solange Knowles inside an elevator while Beyonce quietly stands in the sideline went viral, several speculations that the younger Knowles was drunk surfaced. The erratic behavior of the "Losing You" songstress that was thought to be attributed to being intoxicated with alcohol has been dismissed, according to the National Post.
Singer Solange Knowles arrives at the Metropolitan Museum of Art Costume Institute Gala Benefit celebrating the opening of \"Charles James: Beyond Fashion\" in Upper Manhattan, New York, May 5, 2014. REUTERS/Lucas Jackson
The Daily Mail reports that the assumptions of what might have happened that night still continue and an unnamed source said: "Clearly she was on something at the party, she was drunk and out of it."
However, Beyonce came to rescue and included in the released statement that her younger sister was not drunk. They have made a public statement through The Associated Press and it was their first take on the controversial elevator footage, according to the Huffington Post.
The statement says: "The reports of Solange being intoxicated or displaying erratic behavior throughout the evening are simply false." Beyonce and her younger sister are seen to have a close relationship, even though they were constantly being pitted against each other, according to Wikipedia.
When the scandalous video started to attract attention, Beyonce posted a cryptic message of entrusting her relationships to God which others have related it to the rift between the two sisters. Then again, it was all brushed off as the two sisters posted pictures of them together showing how strong their family ties were.
After leaving the elevator at the Standard Hotel following the MET Gala after party, Beyonce and Solange were even seen leaving the venue together while Jay Z rode on a separate car. This may seem like the sisters are truly getting along and may have already worked out their differences after the much publicized outbursts of the younger Knowles.
This family affair cracked open to the public seems to have only made the relationship of the parties involved much closer. Still the public is craving for more information as the statement released by the trio has not explained cause of the violent behavior of Solange to Jay Z. Others have even posted to Twitter various speculations with the hashtag #WhatJayZSaidToSolange.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 26 Spoilers: Victoria Finds Who The Father Of Her Child Is And Jack And Phyllis Rekindle Romance
- Kate Middleton Cries As She Listens To A Moving Tale Of A Mother Who Lost Her Infant Daughter
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season7, Episode 12 Spoilers: Thanksgiving Break, SAMCRO Returns In December [VIDEO]
- ‘Dancing With The Stars’ (DWTS) Season 19 (2014) Finale Recap: And The Winner Is…[Spoilers]
- Kris Jenner Shocks Boyfriend Corey Gamble In The Bedroom With Her Tricks And Fabulous Sex Life
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- '$2,000 For Sex'—Pleads Unlucky-in-Love Guy On OKCupid
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- Target Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Ad Released For Nov. 26, 2014 Includes Deals On Toys, HDTVs And Video Games Such As ‘FIFA 15’ And ‘NHL 15’ For Xbox 360 [WATCH VIDEO]
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- Lumia Update Will Come Soon Confirms Microsoft