Jay Z and Solange Fight Update, Beyonce Defends Sister: ‘She Was Not Drunk'
By Maychelle Ornos | May 16, 2014 3:52 PM EST
After the video of Jay Z being attacked by Solange Knowles inside an elevator while Beyonce quietly stands in the sideline went viral, several speculations that the younger Knowles was drunk surfaced. The erratic behavior of the "Losing You" songstress that was thought to be attributed to being intoxicated with alcohol has been dismissed, according to the National Post.
Singer Solange Knowles arrives at the Metropolitan Museum of Art Costume Institute Gala Benefit celebrating the opening of \"Charles James: Beyond Fashion\" in Upper Manhattan, New York, May 5, 2014. REUTERS/Lucas Jackson
The Daily Mail reports that the assumptions of what might have happened that night still continue and an unnamed source said: "Clearly she was on something at the party, she was drunk and out of it."
However, Beyonce came to rescue and included in the released statement that her younger sister was not drunk. They have made a public statement through The Associated Press and it was their first take on the controversial elevator footage, according to the Huffington Post.
The statement says: "The reports of Solange being intoxicated or displaying erratic behavior throughout the evening are simply false." Beyonce and her younger sister are seen to have a close relationship, even though they were constantly being pitted against each other, according to Wikipedia.
When the scandalous video started to attract attention, Beyonce posted a cryptic message of entrusting her relationships to God which others have related it to the rift between the two sisters. Then again, it was all brushed off as the two sisters posted pictures of them together showing how strong their family ties were.
After leaving the elevator at the Standard Hotel following the MET Gala after party, Beyonce and Solange were even seen leaving the venue together while Jay Z rode on a separate car. This may seem like the sisters are truly getting along and may have already worked out their differences after the much publicized outbursts of the younger Knowles.
This family affair cracked open to the public seems to have only made the relationship of the parties involved much closer. Still the public is craving for more information as the statement released by the trio has not explained cause of the violent behavior of Solange to Jay Z. Others have even posted to Twitter various speculations with the hashtag #WhatJayZSaidToSolange.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Recap: New York Giants 45, Washington Redskins 14 [PHOTOS]
- Photos Of George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin, They Get Married Again On Monday [Slideshow]
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Filming Spoilers: Beardless Rick Grimes Seems To Be On The Set
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 1, 2014: Hope Reveals Something To Wyatt And Katie Almost Loses A Loved One [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Bachelor Australia' Season 2 Preview: Someone Drops The L Bomb, Marriage Proposal In Season Finale
- ‘Orange is the New Black Story’ Season 3 Update: New Corrections Officer To Be Introduced, Likely To Take Pornstache's Position At Litchfield Penitentiary
- “American Horror Story” Season 4 Spoilers: Emma Roberts' Maggie And Evan Peters’ Jimmy Darling To Be In A Romantic Relationship
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Google HTC Nexus 9 Tablet October 24 Launch Date Benefits Many
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- MH 370 Search In Ocean To Intensify With Hi Tech Ships Joining The Plane Hunt From October
- New Windows OS Is Not Windows 9, Microsoft To Launch Windows 10 As New OS Build
- Nexus 7 Tips and Tricks